Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

214th Merseyside Derby - 17/10. KO 1.30PM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Between Gerrard's corners and Coles crossing its a miracle that torres actually gets a touch on the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Coleman really reminds me of a young Kilbane - in a good way. Very direct, just get the head down and run down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Yakubu has been class, deserves a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Because then you'd have to look at the mess Rafa made.

but the cult won't do that. Rafa did nothing wrong. EVER. He was a tactical god (let's not mention that day where Crouch and Voronin played on the wings)

The fact is the football side of the club has been poorly run for years now and we're seeing the result of it.

You're the worst poster on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

there's an example of why trapp wouldn't like coleman, a long run a lot of wasted energy and didn't lay the ball off at the right time.

Lose the ball in their half, your knackered and can't track back and over 90 minutes at international level will cause problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Seems to be more united fans in here than Liverpool or Everton fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm not even a Liverpool fan but they're frustrating the fcuk out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Hardly a wonder strike tbh. It was well hit but pretty central and lots of 'keepers would have kept it out. Reina shouldn't be immune to criticism.
    I think the main critisism for that goal must be for all the defenders for standing in one clutched area instead of driving out as they are meant to so he can see.

Coleman really reminds me of a young Kilbane - in a good way. Very direct, just get the head down and run down the line.

the young kilbane wouldn't get into traps side imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Is that Coleman chap Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

So much for the change of manager and now, change of owners, sorting stuff out.

The team should be up for it. One thing about Rafa, the players got behind him in a crisis, he pulled out of it. Many times he was wrote off but he always turned it around, Lucas or not. (Barring last season obviously but we beat United, Everton and Villa last year when in crisis, in big matches)

Not a hope of that under Roy. The man should have been ecstatic after the takeover, instead he seemed to look like it was more pressure for him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Coleman is making a distinct impression here, surely due a place in the next ROI qualifier based on todays performance so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Torres is shocking

this is something you could write in practically every game this season and alot towards the end of last season also. hes a sorry site for a long long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Soby wrote: »
    Is that Coleman chap Irish?

Yup :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Because then you'd have to look at the mess Rafa made.

but the cult won't do that. Rafa did nothing wrong. EVER. He was a tactical god (let's not mention that day where Crouch and Voronin played on the wings)

The fact is the football side of the club has been poorly run for years now and we're seeing the result of it.

Jesus Christ. This is not about Rafa's mistakes any more. We're in a much worse state now. Take the blinkers off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

A-Trak wrote: »
    Yup :)

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Making any sort of comparison to Kilbane is in no way good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Seeing that again there, Yakubu blocks the keepers sight of the ball and he did not see it until after it came past the man in an offside position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

shotamoose wrote: »
    Jesus Christ. This is not about Rafa's mistakes any more. We're in a much worse state now. Take the blinkers off.

You're agreeing with me essentially, we're dire at the moment.

It didn't happen overnight though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

2nd goal was offside :p

• Advertisement

Rafa's gone. Clutching at straws now with that stupid argument. Is there any chance admin's could put Rafa into the swear filter for a while?

shotamoose wrote: »

Exactly.

If we were relegated some would blame Benitez.

this is something you could write in practically every game this season and alot towards the end of last season also. hes a sorry site for a long long time.

Agreed, he seems to have Rooneyitis, except Torres actually has been injured :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Seeing that again there, Yakubu blocks the keepers sight of the ball and he did not see it until after it came past the man in an offside position.

Defo offside imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Am i imagining thing or has Roy not made a sub yet? Brutal stuff.

2nd goal was offside

How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Glad we aren't changing it. Don't want to upset our shape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Roy Hodgson was never good enough for Liverpool. He was a media appointment on the back of one decent season. He has to go.

K-9 wrote: »
    So much for the change of manager and now, change of owners, sorting stuff out.

The team should be up for it. One thing about Rafa, the players got behind him in a crisis, he pulled out of it. Many times he was wrote off but he always turned it around, Lucas or not. (Barring last season obviously but we beat United, Everton and Villa last year when in crisis, in big matches)

Not a hope of that under Roy. The man should have been ecstatic after the takeover, instead he seemed to look like it was more pressure for him.

didn't burnley beat united last year?

taking the odd game in a vacum and trying to justify the existance of rafa is nonsenseical.

Joe Cole has been terrible

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

wtf are we waiting on to make some changes? get Dave on ffs.

That_Guy wrote: »
    How?
    Man standing right in front of the keeper in an offside position and the keeper did not see the ball until it was past him. Hard to argue with it really, he was definitely offside and the keeper could nto see the ball because of him.

How?

yakubu i think it was could be deemed as blocking the gk's view but there was about 15 players in the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Getting Benayoun with no legs for Cole even would have seemed a good deal looking at this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

How?

The Yak was offside and standing in front of the Keeper, therefore blocking the keepers view while being active

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

ntlbell wrote: »

taking the odd game in a vacum and trying to justify the existance of rafa is nonsenseical.

They were never this sh*t under Rafa though. This is the worst I've seen them in many years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

THERE IS NO GAME IN A VACUUM AVAILABLE TO JUSTIFY HODGSON WITH.

yakubu i think it was could be deemed as blocking the gk's view but there was about 15 players in the way!
    Yes but only one of them was in an offside position and right in front of the keeper.

The Yak was offside and standing in front of the Keeper, therefore blocking the keepers view while being active

I've only seen it in real time. Didn't see that other replay. I'll take your word for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Roy Hodgson was never good enough for Liverpool. He was a media appointment on the back of one decent season. He has to go.

Two and half seasons to be fair, and I don't think the media decided anything, he was availible, wanted the job, was not too expensive and speaks English as a first language.

Still should go though.

at last! Lucas off N'Gog on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

70th minute to make a change. Ye Gods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

You're right, it didn't happen overnight and Rafa certainly made mistakes. In saying that the situation got a lot lot lot worse when we decided to pay 10 million odd to give the champions of europe our manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

this is hilarious. Everton are sitting back inviting us on, gifting us a way back in imo and we're offering nothing different. looks like we're hoping to sneak a goal or two

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You know people are complaining about Lucas but he is working his arse out there unlike several players..

N'gog on for him now... He should have been on ages ago

Finally Lucas off.

Please Ngog,
    Ngoooooo just score today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

ngog on to save the day

flahavaj wrote: »
    They were never this sh*t under Rafa though. This is the worst I've seen them in many years.

They were as **** in many games last season, if not worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,531 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Man standing right in front of the keeper in an offside position and the keeper did not see the ball until it was past him. Hard to argue with it really, he was definitely offside and the keeper could nto see the ball because of him.

While it can be said that this is the case, the ball did come through a large crowd of players. Saying Reina didn't see it late solely cos of Yakubu is looking for something that went against ye. Would've been flagged if wasn't as many players around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

It's all ok lads, Roy will put his nice cuddly arm around the players and use his fantastic man management to pull us out of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Look, it's really simple so I'll just spell it out for you. We are worse this year than we were last year, and that is largely down to the very different tactics we are employing, as others have patiently explained to you again and again.

There's only one person here I see making it all about Rafa, and that's you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement