Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

214th Merseyside Derby - 17/10. KO 1.30PM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Carra off, Babel on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Bring on Martin Kelly next.. Carra is ****e

ntlbell wrote: »
    They were as **** in many games last season, if not worse

Take your blinkers off and stop posting nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

tok9 wrote: »
    You know people are complaining about Lucas but he is working his arse out there unlike several players..

N'gog on for him now... He should have been on ages ago

working your arse off is pointless if you can't get the ball and when you do, don't use it and lose it.

put me in a liverpool jersey and 40k a week i'll work my arse off, i'd still be **** tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Am i imagining thing or has Roy not made a sub yet? Brutal stuff.

68th minute used to be the in joke, 80th is the sad joke now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd take Souness back over Hodgson. Souness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

there's an example of why trapp wouldn't like coleman, a long run a lot of wasted energy and didn't lay the ball off at the right time.

Lose the ball in their half, your knackered and can't track back and over 90 minutes at international level will cause problems.

Or you could say he relieved about 5 minutes of constant Liverpool pressure by running 60 yards with the ball...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Mushy wrote: »
    While it can be said that this is the case, the ball did come through a large crowd of players. Saying Reina didn't see it late solely cos of Yakubu is looking for something that went against ye. Would've been flagged if wasn't as many players around.

He was in the line of the shot and the keeper could not see it through him, he only saw it after it came past the player who was offside. It was offside, again the laws of the game should be of some interest to you. Particularly the bit about offside. I have read it many times and it makes no mention of the number of players who are not offside having any bearing on the player who is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

We NEVER got near a 15 game stretch like this in the six years Benitez was in charge. That's reality baby, and you won't want to accept it, but it is the truth I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

We've put in numerous performances this season already that are considerably worse than we could muster last season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Beckford will get a goal I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

So easy for Everton, dont think Liverpool had any decent chance at all. Arteta running the midfield, sh1t hes off but easily the best player on the pitch today. Liverpool rubbish tbh and Torres playing like hes played for the last couple of months - delighted to see him start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

They really weren't. Obviously the season is young but they've been scandalous in every one of their league games under Hodgson. They just seem to lie down under him. Despite them pulling two goals back at OT there a few weeks ago it was the easiest United have had it against them in years. He has them playing like a team that's just happy to survive the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Mr Alan wrote: »
    You're right, it didn't happen overnight and Rafa certainly made mistakes. In saying that the situation got a lot lot lot worse when we decided to pay 10 million odd to give the champions of europe our manager.

I don't think it did. That was the right decision. Would we be better without Gerrard and Torres today ?

Bringing in Hodgson doesn't appear to have been a good move though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Torres really does look like a different player. Perhaps him and Rooney both caught something over the summer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    THERE IS NO GAME IN A VACUUM AVAILABLE TO JUSTIFY HODGSON WITH.

Woy's had plenty of famous results!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Take your blinkers off and stop posting nonsense

are you for real?

did you not watch last year? the fullham game?

villa? floreinta????

there was a heap of matches were they were just as ****

PORTSMOUTH!?!??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Different type of attacker in Beckford. Expecting a few balls over the top for him. Got a good bit of pace about him. Could prove to be a handful if execution is right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Beckford carded within two mins.

What an introduction from Beckford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Red card for Beckford!? :pac:

Should be a yellow card for Beckford there. The rules are very clear on that but I am sure Mushy will come up with a change in the laws that will justify him not getting one :)

Beckford should be off for that

We NEVER got near a 15 game stretch like this in the six years Benitez was in charge. That's reality baby, and you won't want to accept it, but it is the truth I'm afraid.

Why would i not want to accept it? lol

i don't give a f*ck really. We're not in a relugation battle :pac:

• Advertisement

Why would i not want to accept it? lol

i don't give a f*ck really. We're not in a relugation battle :pac:
    For a man who could not give a f*ck you are doing a lot of crowing in here lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Never a penalty.

I'm referring to rafa.

just pointing out the blinkers!

BTW, cracking finish from Aqua.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,531 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Should be a yellow card for Beckford there. The rules are very clear on that but I am sure Mushy will come up with a change in the laws that will justify him not getting one :)

Of course...he played for Leeds:p

Hodgson needs to be extremely careful with his post match remarks now if he has any designs on keeping his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Thats bollox to be honest, we went from xmas to begining of march playing dire stuff on 2 or 3 occassions under benitez. Either side of it was good but we went long stretches playing sh1te.

I'm referring to rafa.

just pointing out the blinkers!

In a match thread, do you think that this is the place to have that discussion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

are you for real?

did you not watch last year? the fullham game?

villa? floreinta????

there was a heap of matches were they were just as ****

PORTSMOUTH!?!??!

Your knowledge of Liverpool matches is unsettling. Voyeuristic. You're right though we were sh1te last season and i think a lot of people conveniently forget that. But there's no way we were as consistantly bad as we are this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

bring back hicks and gillet alls forgiven;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Beckford should be booked for diving and should be off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    I don't think it did. That was the right decision. Would we be better without Gerrard and Torres today ?

Bringing in Hodgson doesn't appear to have been a good move though.

They weren't going anywhere, particularly Torres who has spoken about how Rafa was harshly treated. You peddling those kinda lies is the only way you can attempt to justify the idiotic decision we've made.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

cahill took gerrard out there, ref chickened out knowing he would have to go if he gave the free.. Beckford should have had his 3rd yellow for that dive.

Cole has had a distinctly uninspiring start to his Liverpool career. Chelsea got the best of us over the summer on that one. :(

• Advertisement

Hodgson needs to be extremely careful with his post match remarks now if he has any designs on keeping his job.

He's a genius wth the media don't you know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

daithijjj wrote: »
    Thats bollox to be honest, we went from xmas to begining of march playing dire stuff on 2 or 3 occassions under benitez. Either side of it was good but we went long stretches playing sh1te.

At least they were getting semi decent results in those stretches. Results, team selections, tactics and performance have been pure scutter under Roy, plus he has a penchant for talking utter sh*te sfter games as well. Basically he's been next to useless at every facet of his job so far.

Hodgson looking deflated right now. If he's still in the job by Monday I'll be very very surprised.

Great ball SG, Torres should have gotten on the end of it.

daithijjj wrote: »

**** off if you genuinely believe we went through this long of a stretch as inept. We certainly never achieved anywhere near such a poverty of results during a consecutive period.

Again, I don't think you really believe what you just typed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Liverpol @830 to win on Betfair ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

****it, throw on jova too, he can't do any worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Mr Alan wrote: »
    They weren't going anywhere, particularly Torres who has spoken about how Rafa was harshly treated. You peddling those kinda lies is the only way you can attempt to justify the idiotic decision we've made.

But Rafa's relationship with the owners was untenable. In an ideal world he would've stayed, but he was treated like dirt by H&G, he couldn't concentrate on his job fully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Whoever number 4 for Liverpool is is a joke. I've seen more effort from the lads in PE who didn't want to do PE.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Hodgson looking deflated right now. If he's still in the job by Monday I'll be very very surprised.

I'll be horrified.

Advertisement