Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does it take so long to get BB activated?

• 13-10-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Can someone tell me why I have to wait 21 days to get broadband services from Vodafone?

I've recently had the phone line activated in my home. The telephone was active within 3 days, but no broadband!

They tell me the line has to be activated by Eircom? Why does it take so long? I mean the phone was up and running in no time?

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Same happened to me recently. Someone in the exchange has to update the broadband test results so you can order broadband on that line. I nagged eircom to lodge a request for the line to be tested in the exchange, once the phone line was activated and then I was able to order the broadband part 2 days later. Hopefully Vodafone's procedure will be similar...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ultimately work is done by Eircom wholesale so Vodafone have little or no control over this aspect of your order.

Eircom Wholesale like BT Openreach in the UK advise ISP's of timeframes for certain types of orders, in the Uk for example it can be done in 5 working days but most ISP's advise about 7 working days.

No point complaining to Vodafone as they can't speed up Eircom and no point complaining to Eircom as the department who deals with provisioning won't talk to you. Not ideal but thats the way it is really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Though it's worth bearing in mind that I was able to call eircom customer care to speed up when the test would be carried out on the line - and anything eircom retail can do, Vodafone and Digiweb and UTV etc are supposed to be able to do aswell. Funny that:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

eircom retail may have pull with eircom wholesale, but the resellers don't have that same relationship with them. They can request, but eircom wholesale are unlikely to do favours for their competitors.

Advertisement