Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an amateur Gospel Choir in Dublin

Options
  • 13-10-2010 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Couldn't find an appropriate section so feel free to move Mods.

I'm looking for a gospel choir to sing with in Dublin, I have been googling and I seem to only find professional or semi-professional choirs that don't seem to be auditioning. I can sing, quite well, but I wouldn't be very confident and I probably wouldn't be on for solo singing, at least for a while.

Also, I am looking for an amateur choir because I wouldn't be able to dedicate loads of my time to practising etc if I was in a choir that actually did gigs etc. I would, however, be able to rehearse once or twice a week.

Anyone know of any choirs that are fun and take people who may not have vast experience in solo singing or anything.

Help would be much appreciated
    Áine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

Ps. I live in Kilmainham so anywhere remotely near there!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clare_Culchie

Check out A Glór Gospel, an all-female gospel choir that perform monthly in St. Andrew's Church, Westland Row, as well as gigs and events throughout the city. They'll be appearing on RTE One on Monday evening in the final of An Cór, the RTE Irish-language choral competition. As far as I know they don't audition, but they sound great. They're lively and fun and are up for anything.

By the way, if you're interested in Gospel Music you should take a trip down to Portlaoise from the 6th to 8th May for the second Gospel Rising Music Festival of workshops and performances. Full details are at www.gospelrising.com

I hope you find what you're looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

Thanks a million, forgot about this thread . I am currently singing in the Oblate Gospel Choir in Inchicore, which is going great. Thanks for that info on gospel rising, I'l tell our co-ordinator.

Mods please close thread, cheers

Advertisement