Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My "Free Money" Log

Options
  • 13-10-2010 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭

Lost a long shot accumulator tonight by a goal, if the Czechs had of scored another I'd be fairly delighted right now and out on the piss! Wasn't to be, but I've decided in my boredom to start a log, and start backing sensibly and try and start to make some money, slowly but surely. Also trying to get out of a bad habit of backing every horse and football match under the sun and try and leave my profit, if i'm lucky enough, in the bank for another, more well researched bet!

Will be trying to win money from Soccer, Rugby, NFL and the odd horse!

I've won a bit of money the last few seasons and in particular the last two weekends from the AIL, and know a fair few lads involved in the leagues so feel I will have an edge and more joy in this area this season and hope that followers of the thread can do so too!
    Have an interest in Soccer and will back mainly English Football and Champions League and take the odd tip from "thefootytipster.com".
    Will pick a horse every now and then, but it can be time consuming and also heartbreaking, unless it's Canford Cliffs, so will throw up the odd selection!

Am gonna start with bank of 100 points, max bet for time being will be 10 points, as just gonna do a dry run for a week or two and see how I get on!
    Target for December 25th is 200 points!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

First bet, its an early one, but like it a lot!

Cardiff vs Bristol City @ 8/15
    QPR vs Norwich @ 8/13
    Over 2.5 Goals( United vs WBA) @ 19/40
    Ipswich vs Coventry @ 8/11

3 points @ 5.22/1

Cardiff versus bottom team speaks for itself I feel.
    QPR should be too good to beat 3rd placed Norwich.
    Overs in the United match, decent value, I don't think I'll be losing too much sweat over it.
    The Ipswich game will be tight but I think good home results against Cardiff and Leeds put them in good stead for this match.

Few interesting rides 2moro for Richard Hughes, who had a good day today, and will be doing his utmost in the next 2 days to try, probably in vain,and catch Paul Hanagan in the Jockeys Championship. He begins a 9 day ban on Saturday and currently lies 7 wins behind Hanagan so he'd need to produce unreal form and hope Hanagan has a shocker of a run!

Anyway, I feel he's chances in a number of the races in Brighton 2moro.

1st pick: 2 points e/w on Love you Louis in the 2.30 @ 8/1
    - Hughes has decent record on board, with a winner and two places in 5 rides.
    - Won on heavy ground(Hughes on board) before, and with ground currently good to soft, hoping that won't be an issue.
    -Hasn't ran since end of August, so I'm hoping stamina isnt an issue, unlike many others at this stage of the season.
    - Obvious danger from the in form Kinigi, who is stepping up in class.
    -Hoping she can get a good break from the stalls and get out in front early as this seems to be her favoured and most successful style!

I'm a relative rookie in terms of horse racing, so my selection reasons are up for criticism, I'm just going by what I think is sensible and logical, but any tips would be welcome!

Am also interested in Fly By White and Madame Boot at 3.00 and 5.00 respectively but no prices up so will wait too see if there is any value in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

or you could just check the bf prices,that should give ya a good idea of the morning prices

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Best of luck with the thread Stevo, I reckon that horse has a good chance and looks a nice price. Rocker looks a big danger if he doesn't get hampered like he did last time and with Brigton being a very tough course his consistency here could see him have a good chance. I might lay the favourite, Kinigi. It'll take a career best from that one to win and she looks high in the handicap to me.

Hopefully one of our two wins. :)
    coughlan08 wrote: »
    or you could just check the bf prices,that should give ya a good idea of the morning prices

Not really, the market can be off the mark in the middle of the night. It's a rough guide but sometimes it's not even close as pennies move prices with little money in the markets.

Cheers mate.
    Fly by White seems to be about 4/1 on bf I think, so will prob throw 2 points on the win tomorrow.
    Madame Boot seems to be 6/1 on bf, but might wait to see how my first two picks get on before backing her, will update in the morning anyway!

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »
    Best of luck with the thread Stevo, I reckon that horse has a good chance and looks a nice price. Rocker looks a big danger if he doesn't get hampered like he did last time and with Brigton being a very tough course his consistency here could see him have a good chance. I might lay the favourite, Kinigi. It'll take a career best from that one to win and she looks high in the handicap to me.

Hopefully one of our two wins. :)

Cheers, if I come anywhere near emulating your success I'll be doing ok!

Am just after noticing Rocker beat my pick by a neck in their last encounter, and never really considered the difficulty of the track, so these are things I'll pick up on and learn to use in my picks for the future!

Love you Louis now generally 5/1, heres hoping..

No good, Didn't seem to get a good break from the stalls, Kinigi won it well!

Put the coins in my pocket this morning on Fly By White, only 4.50 euro but nothing significant online unfortunately...

However I fancy Hughes to get another winner, and am gonna throw 3 points on Madame Boot in the 5.00 at Brighton! (4/1 bet365)

Down 4 points now so bank at 90 pts with 6 pts in play on the above and on the Football accum.

Bank is at 90 points

5 points on Sunderland win in play at 11/8

2 points on Sunderland win and Villareal win in play at 7/1

• Advertisement

83 points!

5 points on larkrise star, heavily backed and tipped in a few places at 7/2, 5pm lingfield.

no good!

right one last bet for the day

5 pts e/w(10 points!!)

Bermondsey Bob 17.20 yarmouth. I got him at 13/2 btw! now 11/2

2nd, so 13.12 points back so 80.12 points in the bank now..

Meant my last horse bet for the day..;)

Goin with the paddy power enhanced treble of Roma,Real and Arsenal at 16/5

7 points

Bank at 73 points..

Dry run isnt going too well, luckily the stakes are low, am gonna place a few more bets between now and friday.
    Friday and Saturday theres a few very interesting AIL games, so when the spreads are up for them, will make a few substantial bets with reasoning, prob reload my bank and up my stakes per point!

Anyhow, I fancy french fantasy in Ffos Las in the 4.10, he's come close last few runs, and can go one better today.

3 points @ 4/1

Sabatini in the 7.50 at kempton tonight, 5 points @ 9/2, and 5 points on Lyon/Inter double @ 5/2.

And that'll be that before the AIL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

sabantini runs at 7.20...;)
    best of luck,will find it hard to beat the fav though imo...

Yup 7.20, had a look at 7.50, like the look of Mutayaser, but short enough price.

Inter/Lyon double came through, so bank now a 77.5 pts.

Quick post i have to leg it going away for weekend, havent time for reasoning might get online 2moro morning with reasoning for 2moros games.

UCD -9 versus Old Wesley 5/6- 10 points
    - I got them at -6 last night but not really fair to be saying that now so they are currently -9 and for this log, rain rain go away and I'm fairly confident. Kick off at 8pm tonight.

Wanderers -9 vs Naas 5/6- 5 points

Belvedere +3 vs blackrock- 5 points

3 point treble with above selections.
    Have good weekend all.

UCD won by 10 points, my money was safe but wesley had a last minute kick to make it 7 point defecit but they missed so delighted!

Still fancy Belvo, both teams missing a key player and I think plus 3 is too generous.
    Wanderers have a much improved team this season and if the back line get quick ball they can hopefully score a few tries with perfect conditions.

Anyway my 10 point bet came in, now lets hope for the two smaller ones to bring in the treble aswell!

• Advertisement

Belvo won 29-20, very impressive win and will be following them closely.

Wanderers only won by 4.

Bank now at 81.9 pts, plus 4.4 points from the AIL, not a bad start, should prob have left out the treble!

5 points on United to win/ Gibson to score @ 4/1

5 pts Aldwick bay 7.40 kempton
    5 pts woolston ferry 9.10 kempton

Both 6s
    Come on hughsie!

Advertisement