Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

scudzilla wrote: »
    I think BJ would win that, Total opposite of Hardy, from someone with no ground game to someone like BJ

Yeah, BJ smashes Johnson all day IMHO!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The latest UFC insider features a replay of Lesnar and Cain with a camera and mic on JDS in the crowd.
    Impressed they kept it hidden this long, will be useful to hype both JDS, brock and Cain threeway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

@lorenzofertitta can you tell me when @ufc plan on returning to Ireland???? Tell @danawhite i said hes a dick he never replies!!!

@stitch7 we are working on it. Hopefully early next year.
    about 9 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to stitch7

Take of that what you must.

I seen in an interview about UFC going to NY Dana mentioned places were the fans want the UFC to return. Ireland was mentioned, so at least its on the radar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Just checked ahead to Saturday night. The Ultimate Fighter series 13 is on ESPN on Saturday Night (Sunday morning technically) 12-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Just checked ahead to Saturday night. The Ultimate Fighter series 13 is on ESPN on Saturday Night (Sunday morning technically) 12-1.

It should be first showing tomorrow (Thursday) night at 10.30

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

It should be first showing tomorrow (Thursday) night at 10.30

Yeah listened to Gareth Davies's podcast and he kept plugging it, said the first two fights were dreadful and it takes a seriously bad fight for him to talk it down.

Silva to fight Okami at UFC:Rio

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Talking of the RIO card, this is what Roy Nelson tweeted yesterday

Read Royce Gracie will be fighting on the Rio card? Who do you think he should fight and will he be on the juice?

Bit harsh!!!

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Read Royce Gracie will be fighting on the Rio card? Who do you think he should fight and will he be on the juice?

As if Nelson has any idea what a carton of juice looks like! Its that stuff he keeps in the fridge beside the chocolate!

I know he mentioned it a while ago but it looks like Marquart is serious about dropping down to 170. I always thought he looked like one of the biggest and strongest guys in the Middleweight division, so I don't see how he'll be able to cope with the cut. His first opponent is Rumble Johnson so we could see both fighters miss weight for that one. If he's effective however he would be a great addition to the division. I'd love to see Jon Fitch trying to deal with someone that size and strenght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Art Jimmerson has popped up on UFCs roster pages : link

He was the boxer who fought Royce Gracie wearing one boxing glove in UFC 1 and tapped when he was mounted. I can't think of any reason that he would appear on their pages apart from a rematch with Royce...I mean its a current line-up and not some historical thing.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

He was the boxer who fought Royce Gracie wearing one boxing glove in UFC 1 and tapped when he was mounted. I can't think of any reason that he would appear on their pages apart from a rematch with Royce...I mean its a current line-up and not some historical thing.. :confused:
    Royce is lined up to fight at UFC Rio so that would probably make sense Art apparantly runs an mma gym now so i guess he has some sort of ground game.

Surely they can't wheel out Art Jimmerson to fight Royce! That would be an insult to the Brazilian fans who have waited so long for UFC to return.

But at the same time, they can hardly put Royce back in there with a top guy. He's get mauled!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Surely they can't wheel out Art Jimmerson to fight Royce! That would be an insult to the Brazilian fans who have waited so long for UFC to return.

But at the same time, they can hardly put Royce back in there with a top guy. He's get mauled!
    I was hoping theyd put him against Sakuraba again, but his ear kinda fell of in his last fight :eek:, Royce would get killed by any of the elite welterweights of today.

Niall0 wrote: »
    I was hoping theyd put him against Sakuraba again, but his ear kinda fell of in his last fight :eek:, Royce would get killed by any of the elite welterweights of today.

Yeah I saw the Saku fight, it was disgusting!!!

And you're right about the Elite WW.... I even think most of the mid-level guys would have too much for him!

They should stick him in against Renzo :P

Nate Marquart .Vs. Anthony Johnson for UFC on Versus 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭cletus

I dont think this means that Art Jimmerson is on the payroll again, its a fightmetric thingy, it looks like they have statistics on all the fighters that have fought in the UFC. If you go to Royce's profile, and look at his fight history, you can click on any of the opponents he had, and it givs you the same breakdown and statistics

Looking at Minoki Ichihara now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

cletus wrote: »
    I dont think this means that Art Jimmerson is on the payroll again, its a fightmetric thingy, it looks like they have statistics on all the fighters that have fought in the UFC.

Ah that must be it alright, well spotted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Snappy the Moose

Xlami wrote: »
    Attention seeking twat.

He wants money, chances are he is using boxing as a bargaining tool against Coker/Dana for more money.

He wants money, chances are he is using boxing as a bargaining tool against Coker/Dana for more money.

Chances are he's just talking sh*te.

seadnamac wrote: »

Very well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Best of luck to him if he tries something else. Strikeforce were talking about having Tyron Woodley as his next opponent. I think it's fair to say that he deserves some more well established opponents like Daley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Snappy the Moose

Xlami wrote: »
    Attention seeking twat.

No need for fighter bashing/abuse.
    seadnamac wrote: »

Call it what you wish but there is a motive behind this. Did you say the same about Anderson when he said he was going to move to boxing?

Jumped the gun a little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Forrest v Shogun for UFC in Rio Link

• Advertisement

Depends on scheduling but I hope we see Shogun Vs Rampage again. I feel even if both of them win there next matches they would still need to beat each other before being considered No. 1 Contender.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement