Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

rain on wrote: »
    Does anybody happen to know of a way to watch prelims on your phone? I've conveniently arranged to be on holidays on Saturday, and the ufc.tv app only does the main event.

What kinda phone?
    On a lot of android ones you might get away with Firefox+ flash apk and the full facebook site

(I think the fb steam uses flash anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Chinpool wrote: »
    What kinda phone?
    On a lot of android ones you might get away with Firefox+ flash apk and the full facebook site

(I think the fb steam uses flash anyway)

Thanks, it is an android phone, I'd tried the full FB site on Chrome and it was having none of it, I'll give that a whirl thanks!

Ilir "The Gremlin" Latifa is replacing Gustafsson. He trains with him apparently, he's 5' 8'' and he looks like a bit of a brawler with decent wrestling from the fights I've watched so far.
    It's cards like this that turn out amazing folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

dangerous for Mousasi's career .. does not want to lose to a last min unknown

5'8'' jaysus that's my height and I'm a big build at 180 he must be a bit of a monson monster if he's 205

dangerous for Mousasi's career .. does not want to lose to a last min unknown

5'8'' jaysus that's my height and I'm a big build at 180 he must be a bit of a monson monster if he's 205

IMG_8384.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

IMG_8384.jpg

That's a lot of muscle on a relatively short frame. I wonder what his gas tank will be like. That'll take a lot out of him to keep the blood pumping to those muscles.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    That's a lot of muscle on a relatively short frame. I wonder what his gas tank will be like. That'll take a lot out of him to keep the blood pumping to those muscles.

Won his last two by decision and lost one to decision so he has gone the distance 3 times in the last 4. I'm not sure if the fight is 5 rounds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Won his last two by decision and lost one to decision so he has gone the distance 3 times in the last 4. I'm not sure if the fight is 5 rounds though.

Yeah I'd doubt its a five rounder on such short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It wouldn't be a whole load of fighters tied up though, it would be just two for the main event and co main event. And if the event goes smoothly and their aren't any injuries, the two held up fighters could fight on the next card.

They can't just be rolled over to the next card, the next card would have fighters set for months. At this point main events are set until July. By your suggestion, they all need back ups, they'd be nobody left.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

UFC put together a photo album of UFC Sweden Fight week and then chose to post the pic of Conor. Getting great exposure! Any UFC Sweden thread?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151556417871276&set=a.10151556417806276.1073741830.46299886275&type=1&theater

• Advertisement

Correct.
    It's three rounds as on short notice.
    Which is good news for us, card is an automatic 11mins shorter - which means that if Conor highlights the undercard, he'll slot in nicely.

Correct.
    It's three rounds as on short notice.
    Which is good news for us, card is an automatic 11mins shorter - which means that if Conor highlights the undercard, he'll slot in nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

sheehy83 wrote: »
    UFC put together a photo album of UFC Sweden Fight week and then chose to post the pic of Conor. Getting great exposure! Any UFC Sweden thread?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151556417871276&set=a.10151556417806276.1073741830.46299886275&type=1&theater

Someone commented on the following photo:

603999_10151556417866276_344819509_n.jpg

"In his pyjamas already! Good idea, thats a man that knows hes going to sleep"

****ing. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Someone put a comment under the photo "anyone thinking of The Goonies?". Glad it wasn't just me.

Here's what happened "The Mauler" by the way. Very unfortunate.

During Thursday's (March 28) class, as we ran wrestling drills, I lost my balance and pitched forward, hitting my eyebrow on a corner post in a very unfortunate way. Immediately after it happened, I went to the hospital and got three stitches. I was quite prepared to compete, until the doctors called and told me that the cut will not have time to heal in time before the fight.

It is of course extremely sad when training camp has gone very well. Except for the eyebrow, I am in my best shape and completely ready for the fight. It is also sad for my opponent, Gegard Mousasi, who has also been training long and hard for this match.

method=get&s=alexander-gustafsson-04-03-13-8-46-3-66.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

As was already pointed out in an article, why wasn't he wearing a face mask? Surely in the days coming up to your fight you want to take every precaution.

I was under the impression everyone wore these during camps, even when just rolling.

Tis but a scratch! Gus must be raging.

Tis but a scratch! Gus must be raging.

Uncle Dana was obviously not going to agree with the Swedish Associations decision however here's a recent picture of Gustaffson. It looks pretty clean but who knows how easy that would open up again?

method=get&s=alexander-gustafsson.png

Oh it would probably burst as soon as it was tapped but can Gus appeal and say he still wants to give it a go? Lash some vaseline on it, he'll be graaaaaand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

What time is McGregor likely to be on tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Roar wrote: »
    What time is McGregor likely to be on tomorrow?

I think it's 10am EST so 3pm GMT on Facebook? I think he is the 3rd or 4 fight but will be tuning in early in case I miss it.

Thought the whole thing didn't start until 3:45pm Irish time?

EDIT: Link here.

edit: epic fail hahahahah

JK's vlog of Conor is Sweden Day 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

What time does that mean we should tune in for conors fight?

What time does that mean we should tune in for conors fight?

I'd hazard a guess at about 4:30 ish. Just watch the whole thing to avoid disappointment

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

John Kavanagh said on twitter fight was 6pm local time so thats 5pm over here.

Tune in a bit early just in case earlier fights finish quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Mellor wrote: »
    Yes they can. It's simple never used.

+1 to this.
    It's a DQ under the rules as it ends the fight instantly, not because its banned by the AC.

Sorry to go dragging up an old story, regarding whether or not throwing in the towel is allowed or not...

My Fight Club membership package arrived today, which includes a booklet of the rules.

See no 31.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Sorry to go dragging up an old story, regarding whether or not throwing in the towel is allowed or not...

My Fight Club membership package arrived today, which includes a booklet of the rules.

See no 31.
    That's the same as the website rules -and the AC rules refer to before.
    You are making the same mistake as the previous poster. Throwing in the towel is listed as a foul. A foul doesn't mean that it's not permitted, it's just means as a technical foul, it results in an instant loss for that fighter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Mellor wrote: »
    That's the same as the website rules -and the AC rules refer to before.
    You are making the same mistake as the previous poster. Throwing in the towel is listed as a foul. A foul doesn't mean that it's not permitted, it's just means as a technical foul, it results in an instant loss for that fighter.

Yeah some people really dont get it. Kind of funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement