Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The latest episode of Fight Master was the best so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8cTSptA0MM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Not bad for the BBC, Garry Cook seems to be doing his job at any rate, increasing mainstream awareness.

Poor old Gustafsson has the personality of a wet fish though... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

The one thing I got from all that is how incredibly small MMA actually still is in the world no matter how big we see it from our perspective it's still a niche of a niche market and probably always will be hence the clueless muppet approach of that interview.. not that it bothers me though.

Still never thought I'd see the day the BBC were discussing MMA in any way shape or form, other than an attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

yeah me too apart form some crappy misinformed Horizon documentary or something like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I think there is two much UFCs being put on at the moment.I remember a couple of years ago any fight on their cards could be a main event, now the cards seem watered down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

dave1982 wrote: »
    I think there is two much UFCs being put on at the moment.I remember a couple of years ago any fight on their cards could be a main event, now the cards seem watered down.

i disagree, more fighters and more fights, often the less anticipated fights the better, imagine if we had been waiting forever for mcdonald/ellenburger!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

adamski8 wrote: »
    i disagree, more fighters and more fights, often the less anticipated fights the better, imagine if we had been waiting forever for mcdonald/ellenburger!!!!

But you wouldn't have been waiting forever for that. That's the point. If the cards were further spaced out there's no way that'd be main event. It'd probably be co-main with a monster fight lined up in the main.

Edit: And I know it wasn't the main event but it may aswell have been, the way it was billed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The amount has increased a lot. A couple of years ago I could remember a full card and be anticipating almost every fight, now im lucky if I remember the event itself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Chinpool wrote: »
    The amount has increased a lot. A couple of years ago I could remember a full card and be anticipating almost every fight, now im lucky if I remember the event itself :o

Them were the days alright, an event every 4/5 weeks with great cards, now it seems almost weekly with the odd break

• Advertisement

Another Gracie bites the dust...

Roger's contract is up and the UFC are not renewing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Agree with the fight cards been watered down, especially the ones that arent on US soil. Like that fight card in Sweden, most of the fighters on that main card would be lucky to get on the prelims on a UFC event in Vegas

They should try narrow it down to maybe 1 or 2 cards a month. Going back a few years ago the cards were stacked and you would see great fights, but there are a lot of average fighters on the cards now

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1st episode of Dana's Vlog for Fox Sports 1 is up. Recap of 162 but he lists the fights in FS 1 and throws in a 'are you s*itting me!' after mentioning Conor's fight. I think if Conor finishes Max with ease/style, he is on the right side of Dana to move him up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Damn that is some card.

UFC is confirmed for Manchester in October.

Bisping vs Munoz
    Pearson vs Guillard

Confirmed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Some union in Boston has formally objected to his license for UFC on Fox Sports 1. The athletic commission is review and will decided whether or not to license him.
    It's based around the money laundering conviction and not the TRT apparently. But likely, this boils down to issues between Zuffa/Ferdittas and the unions.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

To add.
    I just checked, surprise surprise, its a New York affiliate of the culinary union that's been battling with the Ferditta's for years in Vegas. *yawn*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Clowns!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Jizzear

Does any1 know if the manchester show is likely to sell out? Id love to go but im not likely to have disposable income to spend on it until maybe a week before the event....would there still be tickets available at that stage ye think?

• Advertisement

Jizzear wrote: »
    Does any1 know if the manchester show is likely to sell out? Id love to go but im not likely to have disposable income to spend on it until maybe a week before the event....would there still be tickets available at that stage ye think?

I can't see it selling out. If I do go it will be a last minute thing too, tickets via eBay for below face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

Gonna be in Toronto on holidays when UFC 165 is on so I bit the bullet and got a ticket. The card is so so but still can't wait for it. Never been to a show before.

Any tips for attending to get the most out of it? Definitely gonna watch all the fights. Can't understand why there does be so many empty seats during prelims when people have bought a ticket. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Joe24 wrote: »
    Gonna be in Toronto on holidays when UFC 165 is on so I bit the bullet and got a ticket. The card is so so but still can't wait for it. Never been to a show before.

Any tips for attending to get the most out of it? Definitely gonna watch all the fights. Can't understand why there does be so many empty seats during prelims when people have bought a ticket. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Get there early and watch every fight, think it's a North American thing where they only bother there arses for the main event.

Try yer luck during the prelims and walk down to the ringside seats, quite a few mates have bought the cheapest tickets but watched the prelims from front (ish) row.

If you have a few quid spare go the the merch stall pretty early on and buy a fully signed event poster, they cost around 70euro IIRC and are fcukin awesome, only about 50 done for each event, bought a frame for a tenner from IKEA and it looks dandy on me back wall

IMAG0054.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

scudzilla wrote: »
    Get there early and watch every fight, think it's a North American thing where they only bother there arses for the main event.

Try yer luck during the prelims and walk down to the ringside seats, quite a few mates have bought the cheapest tickets but watched the prelims from front (ish) row.'

If you have a few quid spare go the the merch stall pretty early on and buy a fully signed event poster, they cost around 70euro IIRC and are fcukin awesome, only about 50 done for each event, bought a frame for a tenner from IKEA and it looks dandy on me back wall

I plan on being there basically as soon as doors open. Will definitely chance my arm down the front for the prelims.

That poster is pretty epic. Could be hard to walk away without one. Will have to see how the pennies are closer the to the time.

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

scudzilla wrote: »

Try yer luck during the prelims and walk down to the ringside seats, quite a few mates have bought the cheapest tickets but watched the prelims from front (ish) row.

IMAG0054.jpg

God damn it, straighten those frames!!! :p

adamski8 wrote: »
    God damn it, straighten those frames!!! :p

Before you do it, make sure you have some wall lubricant and some straightening gloves

tumblr_lt55zp2H4l1qa0krjo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jockcass

Is new series of TUF showing on Irish channels yet ? Bought Setanta package but not sure if / when it is showing ?

jockcass wrote: »
    Is new series of TUF showing on Irish channels yet ? Bought Setanta package but not sure if / when it is showing ?

Doesn't start for another few weeks, but should be on BT Sports somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Doesn't start for another few weeks, but should be on BT Sports somewhere.

Not ESPN? :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement