Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

scudzilla wrote: »
    IMAG0054.jpg

Who's bottom left?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Jizzear wrote: »
    Does any1 know if the manchester show is likely to sell out? Id love to go but im not likely to have disposable income to spend on it until maybe a week before the event....would there still be tickets available at that stage ye think?

I was thinking of going myself, id have the money next week but some of the lads might be stuck for cash so im undecided. Also, the price of the tickets are mad, cheapest going for £75 / 100

Flights are cheap enough, to fly out the Saturday back the bank holiday Monday is 70

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

IMAG0054.jpg

Poor girlfriend. Or perhaps this indicates we have finally found a man who really wears the pants in a household. Well played!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

p to the e wrote: »
    Who's bottom left?

Black Sabbath, fully signed 10x8 promo pic, they're all fully signed, have more but not enough room, or by bottom left did ya mean on the event poster? That's Mark Coleman.
    We won the backstage tour from the Fight Club for that event, before the weigh ins backstage, Coleman was a fcukin wreck, he could hardly walk, pretty sad sight, then he more or less goes the distance with Shogun, albeit a very poor Shogun that night
    Poor girlfriend. Or perhaps this indicates we have finally found a man who really wears the pants in a household. Well played!

She came home one day and they were up, no choice in the matter ;)

Seriously though, she loves it just as much as me, she's been to 5 UFC events wit me, comes to the gigs wit me, loves all that shit just as much as me, that's one of the reasons i married her

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Paul Taylor vs Anthony Njokuani booked for Manchester.

Probably an exciting fight, although both guys are nowhere in terms of rankings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's already shaping up to be a below mediocre show tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Jizzear

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It's already shaping up to be a below mediocre show tbh

Its a UFC on fox sports 2 show was never going to be huge! they should have signed daley up and could they have got him on a card with loser of condit-kampmann or something....but dont despair yet though if they conor and pickett can get through next weekend relatively unscathed I could easily see them be turned around quickly to add some star power! If they both got W's that would be a couple of fairly significant fights

also gunnar is rumoured to fight mein, its not shaping up too badly like

Its a UFC on fox sports 2 show was never going to be huge! they should have signed daley up and could they have got him on a card with loser of condit-kampmann or something....but dont despair yet though if they conor and pickett can get through next weekend relatively unscathed I could easily see them be turned around quickly to add some star power! If they both got W's that would be a couple of fairly significant fights

Daley was never gonna happen, the guy can't get a U.S visa, i know it's in the UK but why would they hire someone who can't get entry into U.S

Also, Dana hates the guy

Daley was never gonna happen, the guy can't get a U.S visa, i know it's in the UK but why would they hire someone who can't get entry into U.S

Also, Dana hates the guy

Meh its not like hes gona be in any title shots soon so wouldnt really have to fight in US and there plenty of cards outside us which need exciting fighters but ya i get your point!

At same timethey are severly lacking in UK starpower these days aswell with hardy gone

• Advertisement

Meh its not like hes gona be in any title shots soon so wouldnt really have to fight in US and there plenty of cards outside us which need exciting fighters but ya i get your point!

At same timethey are severly lacking in UK starpower these days aswell with hardy gone

Which is why i think Conor will get a shot (interim?) if he wins his next 2 fights

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

How can the UFC justify bringing Daley back after what he did against Koscheck.

unknown13 wrote: »

They're not and they won't

unknown13 wrote: »

He made a mistake but at the end of the day hes a cage fighter like. I know its not good and he defo should have been fined/suspended whatever but to stop him from competeing at the highest level ever again seems harsh!

I mean nick diaz and joe riggs kicked the **** out of each other in a hospital and both fought in UFC after

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Paul Daley fought under the Zuffa banner already. He'd get signed back up if he deserved it. I don't think he deserves it.

phil harris vs john linekar and gunnar vs mein confirmed!

Rosi Sexton isn't scheduled at the minute either is she?

I'd expect to see her on the card, first women's UFC fight in the UK.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Rosi Sexton isn't scheduled at the minute either is she?

I'd expect to see her on the card, first women's UFC fight in the UK.

Without a doubt, Manchester is her hometown, Zuffa will put her on the card just to get bums on seats

Manuwa vs Jimmo booked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Lew Polley weighed in at 237 for a light heavy weight fight on tomorrow's WSOF card. Can anyone remember a weight cut missed that bad or explain how one could miss weight by that much?

• Advertisement

Xlami wrote: »
    Lew Polley weighed in at 237 for a light heavy weight fight on tomorrow's WSOF card. Can anyone remember a weight cut missed that bad or explain how one could miss weight by that much?

Lol, fatty!

Is the fight going ahead? Taking the mick if it is. He had to know weeks ago that he wasn't anywhere near making weight. Plenty of time for them to find him a HW opponent instead.

Edit, just checked. He was "ruled ineligible". Fight off, opponent paid his show money. Still screwed over though as he doesn't get the chance to get his win bonus. They should pay him fatty's show money too.

Disappointing when an organisation who's tryin to come across as elite still gets these idiots. Looking forward to seeing Hempleman tonight. He looked great against McVeigh, interesting to see how he gets on against a top 10 guy tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Xlami wrote: »

The only way that could be defended in anyway would be if he was if his cut was going badly and doctors made him rehydrate before the cut.

237 is still a ridiculous start point for a LHW cut.

i never got ppl making big cuts to LHW, heavyweight is really thin still and much easier to climb ranks one would think!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Seriously though, she loves it just as much as me, she's been to 5 UFC events wit me, comes to the gigs wit me, loves all that shit just as much as me, that's one of the reasons i married her

You're a lucky man
    It's non stop moaning when I have it on...cant understand
    how you watch that chit etc etc etc so I try and get her out
    of the house for a few hours if possible :pac:

What I wouldnt give for this to be on normal time and be able
    to hit the pub with a few mates
    this crossed my mind when el guapo was watching the event
    in hooters last week jammy basterd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

yeah time diff sucks balls here - imagine the atmosphere in somewhere like the Wool shed with McGregor on the big screen in Boston at 11pm on a Sat night??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Black Sabbath, fully signed 10x8 promo pic, they're all fully signed, have more but not enough room, or by bottom left did ya mean on the event poster? That's Mark Coleman.
    We won the backstage tour from the Fight Club for that event, before the weigh ins backstage, Coleman was a fcukin wreck, he could hardly walk, pretty sad sight, then he more or less goes the distance with Shogun, albeit a very poor Shogun that night

She came home one day and they were up, no choice in the matter ;)

I meant the bottom left Sabbath pic. Was at UFC 93 myself and remember the gassing in Shogun - Coleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Not UFC related, but cant imagine its worthy of it's own thread, but WSOF is streaming here

http://www.sherdog.com/events/WSOF-4-Spong-vs-DeAnda-28629

Supposedly the whole card is free outside of the USA, and there's some surprisingly good fighters on the undercard.

jsa112 wrote: »
    Not UFC related, but cant imagine its worthy of it's own thread, but WSOF is streaming here

http://www.sherdog.com/events/WSOF-4-Spong-vs-DeAnda-28629

Supposedly the whole card is free outside of the USA, and there's some surprisingly good fighters on the undercard.

Just wondering if you're watching. My link is atrocious, Anyone having problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Mine is choppy if that's what you're referring to. I think there's a link on the WSOF homepage which may be better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement