Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I've been reading the fighter rankings over on fight matrix, they are crazy.Connors ranked 17 Korean Zombie is 18,Jesus he just fought Aldo :confused:

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/featherweight/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

dave1982 wrote: »
    I've been reading the fighter rankings over on fight matrix, they are crazy.Connors ranked 17 Korean Zombie is 18,Jesus he just fought Aldo :confused:

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/featherweight/

That division is thin, 2/3 wins you will be at the top of the ladder, same goes for losses too though

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

EA Sports are in Germany showing off EA UFC game (and other games).

Gary Cook from UFC announced

Garry Cook: "In 2014 The UFC will go to England, Sweden, Poland, Ireland, Turkey, Scotland and Germany"

Well, he didn't say Scotland but it popped up on the map behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Turkey's a strange one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

UFC Beyond the Octagon is tonight at 9 on BT Sports 1.

It's the BT produced weekly review show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

DrPhilG wrote: »
    UFC Beyond the Octagon is tonight at 9 on BT Sports 1.

It's the BT produced weekly review show.

Just finished watching the recording. Pretty well put together. Started off with basically an idiots guide to MMA, a brief explanation of styles, regulations etc. Then panel discussion with Gareth A Davis (still can't stand him, but he did well) and Ross Pearson.

Interview with Bisping, and some rugby player doing a training session with John Hathaway.

Definitely a well made show and fits the bill of introducing MMA to the uninformed.

On another note, Tom Watson vs Alesio Sakara confirmed for Manchester. Another potential stormer.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

MrStuffins wrote: »
    No but neither has Paddy.

He could've been fighting for Mozambique for all I care.

There was no "Oz v Ireland" so he couldn't have qualified unless he fought for the UK. And being from NI he could fight for the UK.

I'm pretty sure had the opportunity arose and it was "Ireland v France" he'd have applied to be part of the Ireland team.

Did paddy not make the house so. gutted for the guy if so.

What are his options now does anyone know?

Did paddy not make the house so. gutted for the guy if so.

What are his options now does anyone know?

I wasn;t saying he didn't make the house, I was saying that we don't know yet as the show hasn't aired.

Sorry for the confusion.

I'd love to see Jessica Eye in the UFC. Fights with Sarah Kaufman and Amanada Nunes would be potential wars

BOOM!

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/08/jessice-eye-signs-with-ufc-could-face-sarah-kaufman-at-ufc-166

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Just saw that the UFC have targeted Belfort v Henderson for a rematch on November 9th.

What a completely pointless match up for Belfort. Henderson is done or as good as done in my books. He lost his last 2 fights and is realistically never making a run for the belt.

I just can't see what the advantage of this fight is to either of them...

• Advertisement

Just saw that the UFC have targeted Belfort v Henderson for a rematch on November 9th.

What a completely pointless match up for Belfort. Henderson is done or as good as done in my books. He lost his last 2 fights and is realistically never making a run for the belt.

Belfort should make sure the fight takes place at 185 so he can really cement his claim to a title shot at the Silva v Weidmann winner.

Should he win, there isn't anyone else in with a shout realistically. Unless they make it a Weidmann v Silva trilogy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

The battle of TRT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Rory MacDonald has been scheduled to fight Robbie Lawler. I really would have preferred a Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Brown match up and wait for Condit to beat Kampmann for a Condit vs. Macdonald rematch.

Also Palhares vs. Mike Pierce. Expect Pierce to get the win by usual grind against the fence.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Belfort should make sure the fight takes place at 185 so he can really cement his claim to a title shot at the Silva v Weidmann winner.

Should he win, there isn't anyone else in with a shout realistically. Unless they make it a Weidmann v Silva trilogy!

Still doesn't really make sense. If there's no one left for him to beat who are of relative means to the division then give him the title shot. Sideline him for a while then give him a shot.

What happens if he loses? Then who's up next for a shot at the belt? Yushin Okami? Cung Le? There's no one else out there who's strung wins together over notable names.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Belfort has declined fights recently and has been calling out every fighter under the sun. I am surprised he hasn't called out Demetrious Johnson at this stage.

He needs an opponent and is getting Hendo. Hopefully, he doesn't decline him otherwise the UFC will be pretty pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Gilbert Grape

UFC Heavyweight Stefan Struve Diagnosed with Leaking Aortic Valve and Englarged Heart,shame hope every thing works out.http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-heavyweight-stefan-struve-diagnosed-with-leaking-aortic-valve-and-englarged-heart

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/texts-from-last-fight-shogun-vs-sonnen-edition-081813

This might have been posted before but I found it really really funny. FairPlay to Adam Hunter he really is one of a kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Dana has said that if Wanderlai is healthy, him and Chael will fight at 167 (20th Anniversary show) as co-main event. Just shows that Sonnen is a bigger PPV draw than we may originally think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

unknown13 wrote: »
    Dana has said that if Wanderlai is healthy, him and Chael will fight at 167 (20th Anniversary show) as co-main event. Just shows that Sonnen is a bigger PPV draw than we may originally think.

I always thought that Chael was one of the top PPV draws out there at the moment, his ability to sell a fight is the best i've EVER seen in MMA

• Advertisement

Brandao accepts a fight with Conor. Would be a much better show than Manchester. Not much chance of it being on the main card though as I'm sure Dec 28th will be failry stacked.
    "I always liked challenges, and I believe a fight against McGregor
    would be a good challenge for me," he said. "If he wants to fight me, I also
    want to fight him. Hey, McGregor, let’s make it happen. It would be perfect for
    UFC 168 in Vegas. I wanna do a great show."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Hope Conor beats the piss out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

sheehy83 wrote: »

Great takedown, miles away from the action again :D

Wandy won't be fighting sonnen.

"[Silva] said he won't fight him unless he gets PPV [points] so I guess he's gonna retire," White wrote via text message.

Dana said they will figure out another fight for chael but it sounds like wandy's a bit scared. Pity, I thought it would make a good fight an all. I remember sonnen shyting it in the back ofa car with wandy giving him s talking to. He can't say anything anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

sheehy83 wrote: »

That was a good read. He's made some bad mistake but's he's also made some good calls. I always thought he get's an unfair amount of **** from the fans. That's due to Dana's constant whinging about him though. I really wish Dana would stop saying **** like "Mazzagatti shouldn't even be watching MMA, let alone ref it".

Jaysus! Wandy released a 5 minute ranting video on how much he wants to beat up Sonnen

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That fight's never gonna happen.

The way he rants in that video, there is no way that Wanderlei Silva will ever pass another drugs test again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

That is some video; speed the music up a bit and slow down the speech and you're not far off Portugal's next Eurovision entry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement