Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭shantolog

It reminds me of those traveller vidoeos, he's only short of challenging Chaels Da to a fight:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

shantolog wrote: »
    It reminds me of those traveller vidoeos, he's only short of challenging Chaels Da to a fight:D

He'll leave Chael sh*tein' in a bucket!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

"I want a 5 round main event I want a full 30 minutes of punching your face"

:confused:

5 rounds of 5 minutes = 25 mins?

Wandy :D

Dana says if Wandy id healthy they will Co main event GSP Hendricks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

UFC 167 Nov 16

GSP v Hendricks
    Rory McD v Lawlor
    Wandy v Sonnen

...getting tasty

• Advertisement

UFC 167 Nov 16

GSP v Hendricks
    Rory McD v Lawlor
    Wandy v Sonnen

...getting tasty

Imagine the press conference and the weigh ins, I have not that fired up in along time.

This will be a huge PPV

Delighted Lawler is back him versus Tiki was one the first fights I seen

looked so good last time out - fluid and unpredictable, at some points, like he's never been.

He'll have to hunt Rory down from the first bell coz that lad is going to fence and parry and feint his way around that cage all night with a stupid grin on his face. If Robbie brings heart and a killer instinct on the night he'll catch him in an exchange I'm confident even though he'll be a massive underdog. Rory has no comparative KO power this is his main downfall and is the reason he fights the way he does, Robbie has a granite chin and a fierce punch.. so it's a good match

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Someone posted a video a while back of a compilation of bad reffing, anyone know where it is??

Can't find it on YouTube. The video had early stoppages, late stoppages and unusual stoppages and it was about 10 minutes long.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Can't find it either, but it reminded me of this, which is always worth a giggle:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Someone posted a video a while back of a compilation of bad reffing, anyone know where it is??

Can't find it on YouTube. The video had early stoppages, late stoppages and unusual stoppages and it was about 10 minutes long.
    I remember that video.
    I think this might've been the one.

http://www.bjpenn.com/video-check-out-this-30-minutes-late-stoppages-and-referee-mistakes-mma-news/

It's a half an hour long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Jaysus! Wandy released a 5 minute ranting video on how much he wants to beat up Sonnen

He ends it with #WARWAND

Should be #ULTIMATEWARWAND

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tower08

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/old-but-gold-dana-white-training-sparring-tito-ortiz-pro-boxing-match-2542443/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYUbe7U6BYg

Just seen this on sherdog, video of Dana White preparing for a boxing match against Tito Ortiz, it was part of tito's contract when he returned to the UFC.

I never seen or heard of it before, pretty cool video!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

tower08 wrote: »
    http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/old-but-gold-dana-white-training-sparring-tito-ortiz-pro-boxing-match-2542443/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYUbe7U6BYg

Just seen this on sherdog, video of Dana White preparing for a boxing match against Tito Ortiz, it was part of tito's contract when he returned to the UFC.

I never seen or heard of it before, pretty cool video!

Yeah it was a big deal when it happened...... or didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

That was I.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83887159&postcount=2982
    Just watched this. Ridiculous stuff in there. Worst offences from Kim Winslow and Big John McCarthy with trigger happy Yves Lavigne coming in third I think.
    Edit: looks like that video no longer exists

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

Aisling Daly ‏@aisydaly 2h
    Best of Luck tomorrow guys!! @PendredMMA @chrisfieldsmma time to showcase those skills!!! #SBG

Seems like both are trying out for TUF!

Awesome.

Chances of Chris making the Preliminary Round?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Chances of Chris making the Preliminary Round?

As good a chance as anyone I suppose.
    To be brutally honest though, I don't think he's UFC standard just yet. No disrespect to him though. Hopefully he gets into the house and keeps on improving.
    Best of luck to both the lads.

He's won 1 of his last 4. He's not at the standard IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He's won 1 of his last 4. He's not at the standard IMO.
    That's true. 1 Win-1Draw-2 losses.
    However one of his losses was to Jesse Taylor, the TUF finalist removed from final. Who has recent wins over Kendal Grove (TUF winner), Dylan Andrews (TUF Winner), Chris Camozzi, Tom Watson.

The lose to Taylor means nothing tbh.

Mellor wrote: »
    That's true. 1 Win-1Draw-2 losses.
    However one of his losses was to Jesse Taylor, the TUF finalist removed from final. Who has recent wins over Kendal Grove (TUF winner), Dylan Andrews (TUF Winner), Chris Camozzi, Tom Watson.

The lose to Taylor means nothing tbh.

Maybe.

The draw was also a clear loss imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

To be fair to Chris before the Taylor fight; he was on a seven fight win streak. He won the first round against Taylor and beat Paraisley in my opinion. I don't see why he couldn't succeed on TUF. He's incredibly exciting; with only one decision which was a cracking fight. However we all know TUF auditions are a bit bizzare and the best fighters don't always make it through. The following guys all were not selected at previous TUF tryouts:

Ben Henderson
    Tyron Woodley
    Anthony Johnson
    Jon Fitch
    Jon Jones
    Frankie Edgar
    Vaughan Lee
    Che Mills
    Nick Lentz
    Jacob Volkman
    Mike Pierce

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Xlami wrote: »
    To be fair to Chris before the Taylor fight; he was on a seven fight win streak. He won the first round against Taylor and beat Paraisley in my opinion. I don't see why he couldn't succeed on TUF. He's incredibly exciting; with only one decision which was a cracking fight. However we all know TUF auditions are a bit bizzare and the best fighters don't always make it through. The following guys all were not selected at previous TUF tryouts:

Ben Henderson
    Tyron Woodley
    Anthony Johnson
    Jon Fitch
    Jon Jones
    Frankie Edgar
    Vaughan Lee
    Che Mills
    Nick Lentz
    Jacob Volkman
    Mike Pierce

Wasn't that because he wasn't old enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 JojoD51

Maybe.

The draw was also a clear loss imo.
    He only had something like 2 weeks notice for his last two losses, I def think he is ready just hope they don't base who gets in on tv value (which they will).

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Wasn't that because he wasn't old enough?

Perhaps not the best example. But wasn't there a teenager on SMashes this year?

Ben Henderson
    Tyron Woodley
    Anthony Johnson
    Jon Fitch
    Jon Jones
    Frankie Edgar
    Vaughan Lee
    Che Mills
    Nick Lentz
    Jacob Volkman
    Mike Pierce

Apparently Fitch had been selected and was on his way to the show when he got a call in the AIRPORT to say he'd been replaced by Diego Sanchez!

He had quit his job and everything. Apparently, the Tapout guys told Dana White they wanted Diego in, so Dana agreed and bumped Jon Fitch off the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pbee

Ben Henderson
    Tyron Woodley
    Anthony Johnson
    Jon Fitch
    Jon Jones
    Frankie Edgar
    Vaughan Lee
    Che Mills
    Nick Lentz
    Jacob Volkman
    Mike Pierce

I heard a long time ago. Certain people were refused because they were too good and they would be in the UFc regardless. Something to do with "they want people with limited ability to see the dream is achievable" for the audience watching.

And some case they prob just dont get a chance to see enough of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Frankie was told he was too small to be a lightweight so they cut him from TUF.
    Sometime after they were stuck for a fighter on short notice and gave him a call to fill in verses Tyson Griffen.

I assume we all know what happened next.

Question

Is Ben Askren completely deluded or does he actually have a great chance at coming into the UFC and beating GSP straight away... like he thinks ?

I'm gona go with option a) Completely deluded

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videointerview/Ben-Askren-I-Can-Beat-GSP-5043

win Andrey Koreshkov Jul / 31 / 2013 TKO (Punches)
    win Karl Amoussou Jan / 24 / 2013 TKO (Doctor Stoppage)
    win Douglas Lima Apr / 06 / 2012 Decision (Unanimous)
    win Jay Hieron Oct / 29 / 2011 Decision (Split)
    win Nick Thompson Apr / 09 / 2011 Decision (Unanimous)
    win Lyman Good Oct / 21 / 2010 Decision (Unanimous)
    win Dan Hornbuckle Jun / 17 / 2010 Decision (Unanimous)
    win Ryan Thomas May / 20 / 2010 Decision (Unanimous)

win Ryan Thomas Apr / 15 / 2010 Technical Submission (Guillotine Choke)
    win Matt Delanoit Aug / 28 / 2009 Submission (North-South Choke)
    win Mitchell Harris Apr / 25 / 2009 Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke)
    win Josh Flowers Feb / 07 / 2009 TKO (Punches)

Olympic wrestler I know, fair enough but he has absolutely no record to back up his opinion he can just come in and beat GSP.

I haven't even seen this guy being hyped as one of the best 170ers in the last couple years... surely he'd lose to many current top 10 ranked UFC 170 lads?

He's a beast of a wrestler but not much else.

If he came over he'd soon find himself in deep water much like Hector Lombard did when he made the same jump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Ray von wrote: »
    Aisling Daly ‏@aisydaly 2h
    Best of Luck tomorrow guys!! @PendredMMA @chrisfieldsmma time to showcase those skills!!! #SBG

Seems like both are trying out for TUF!
    El Guapo! wrote: »
    As good a chance as anyone I suppose.
    To be brutally honest though, I don't think he's UFC standard just yet. No disrespect to him though. Hopefully he gets into the house and keeps on improving.
    Best of luck to both the lads.

Do people realise that there is the same topic about Chris Fields being discussed in two separate active threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement