Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

scudzilla wrote: »
    Didn't he fail a piss test at some point? Met him at Newcastle, he was staying in same hotel as us, seemed a nice enough guy

There was some bullshít around the one after the Franca fight. He was stripped but given an immediate title shot after the reduced suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Chinpool wrote: »
    Twice I think
    I think it was only once.
    He claimed it was lab error, and they didn't clean the equipment but it was upheld.
    weemcd wrote: »
    Outside Cain JDS and DC vs Country there are no real Heavyweight fights signed at all.

Brendan Schaub vs. Matt Mitrione is scheduled also.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mellor wrote: »
    I think it was only once.
    He claimed it was lab error, and they didn't clean the equipment but it was upheld.
    Yep. I was thinking when he went off running after the Edgar fight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Outside Cain JDS and DC vs Country there are no real Heavyweight fights signed at all.

Anyone want to play match maker and make a few matchups for fun?

I'll start with Mark Hunt vs Overeem II & Bigfoot Silva vs Travis Browne II. Browne gains serious momentum with another win

Also when do you think we will hear about the next HW bouts, before the October card for the belt?

Hunt v Bigfoot has been set for December in Australia. It's a 5 round main event.
    Hoping for a big KO from Hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,332 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Hunt v Bigfoot has been set for December in Australia. It's a 5 round main event.

I wonder if Melbourne will host

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Good scrap that, but Bigfoot is not to be underestimated in the striking, also his ground game would cause big problems for Hunt, not to mmention the difference in size

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Good scrap that, but Bigfoot is not to be underestimated in the striking, also his ground game would cause big problems for Hunt, not to mmention the difference in size

Yea, size difference will be nuts. Hunt is the shortest in HW and Bigfoot is, well, bigfoot!

EDIT: Just looked up there, the reach difference isn't as big as thought it would be. 6 inches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Yea, size difference will be nuts. Hunt is the shortest in HW and Bigfoot is, well, bigfoot!

EDIT: Just looked up there, the reach difference isn't as big as thought it would be. 6 inches.

Not being a smart ass but is that .6 inches or 6 inches?

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Not being a smart ass but is that .6 inches or 6 inches?

6 full inches.

My bad

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

6 full inches.

My bad
    Personally I like to believe thats a considerable length.....
    >_>

• Advertisement

According to wiki, it's actually 8 inches.

Those extra 2 make all the difference.
    Or so I'm told......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wait....... are we still talking about reach?

Or has it been that this whole time they haven't actually been giving stats on the length of their arms? Because, I was thinking my "reach" was pretty average up until now. No wonder Jon Jones is always smiling!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Chael didn't Wandy fight or the Phil Davis fight so he asks Rashad for fight on the 16th of November

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

dave1982 wrote: »
    Chael didn't Wandy fight or the Phil Davis fight so he asks Rashad for fight on the 16th of November

The Phil Davis fight absolutely sucks. Wanderlai is injured. Evans and Chael is a good fight that can be made.

Is kenny florian Brazilian?? Why does he pronounce " jacare" Souza like he grew up on the streets of rio

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Is kenny florian Brazilian?? Why does he pronounce " jacare" Souza like he grew up on the streets of rio

As far as I know he speaks Portuguese and spent some time training in Brazil.

As far as I know he speaks Portuguese and spent some time training in Brazil.

Ah ok. Ill let him away with it so

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

pauldoo wrote: »

Unless there's a knockout in the 1st I think it'll be a rubbish fight. Both have crap cardio. Mir should probably contemplate retiring IMO. He's got nothing left to offer. His win against Big Nog was impressive but everything after has been pretty meh. It's not like he's ever going to compete for the title again...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mir vs Overeem makes sense but can't see it ending any other way then Overeem clinching him against the cage and throwing digs and knees and until Frank folds. I would love to see Mir come out and just go for takedowns and subs, feck his boxing, there isn't a chance in hell he will survive standup or clinch against Overeem but his ego will want to make him stand I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Mir vs Overeem makes sense but can't see it ending any other way then Overeem clinching him against the cage and throwing digs and knees and until Frank folds. I would love to see Mir come out and just go for takedowns and subs, feck his boxing, there isn't a chance in hell he will survive standup or clinch against Overeem but his ego will want to make him stand I'm afraid.

The loser of this fight (Mir Imo) retires. I don't even expect an entertaining fight from either tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Wow, UFC 167 is staaacked. Hopefully they can do that for 168 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Really looking forward to it. Booked my flights, hotel and ticket today. Card is stacked.

Odats wrote: »
    Really looking forward to it. Booked my flights, hotel and ticket today. Card is stacked.

Enter injury plague. :pac:

Enter injury plague. :pac:

News just in. St Pierre and mc Donald pulled ligaments training against each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Jizzear

It mightent be silva-jones but fecking hell that isnt a bad 20th anniversery card so far!

It really is a stacked card. Can't wait for it now. It should be a cracker!

Matt Riddle has retired from mma. He injured a rib and can't fight for a while. Apparently he can't afford to not fight so he's decided to retire instead and get a job.

Seems kinda strange. Maybe his heart isn't in it anymore. Surely he could've worked coaching in a gym or something while he's healing up.
    Maybe if he didn't keep failing drug tests he'd still have a job in the UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Would love to see a Veterans class in UFC, fighters that are just a little passed a title run but one's that people would still love to see fight, imagine the names ya could have, Chuck, Tito, Randy, Wandy etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement