Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

scudzilla wrote: »
    Dana won't say anything, not after the provocation

Hopefully! Miller's an idiot! He went onto Twitter and repeated the B*tch N*gger remark too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I wonder how Dana White will view Hall throwing punches in public?

I suspect Dana will just be happy to see him throwing punches full stop.

Cruz v Barao FINALLY!

Feb 1st, Superbowl weekend. Co. Main to Aldo v Lamas.

Hope Barao wins it actually!

Source

Cruz v Barao FINALLY!

Source

This is why the UFC should've stripped Cruz of the title. He'll be coming back off a 2 year (?) break to face a guy who's been stomping all over the division.
    The odds will show how one sided this should be. Hopefully Cruz' craftiness will give him a good shout but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

This is why the UFC should've stripped Cruz of the title. He'll be coming back off a 2 year (?) break to face a guy who's been stomping all over the division.
    The odds will show how one sided this should be. Hopefully Cruz' craftiness will give him a good shout but I doubt it.

I was hoping the odds might be around the same for both
    I hope it is so I can invest in barao

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

mailburner wrote: »
    I was hoping the odds might be around the same for both
    I hope it is so I can invest in barao

Maybe, just maybe you'll get some great odds on barao, if ya do i doubt it'll last so lump on quick

• Registered Users Posts: 39,333 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Even if the odds are stacked against him, he still has some chance of retaining his title. If they stripped him, he has no way if keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Cant see Barao losing. he is a monster. looking forward to seeing how the rest of the card shapes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

I wonder how Dana White will view Hall throwing punches in public?

1378181_748249378534568_1002111709_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Cruz v Barao FINALLY!

Source

This is fucking bullshit! This card is just getting better and better and I can't go see it cause they decided for the first time in 10 years not to have it in Vegas after I've booked my trip.

Either way, I hope Cruz keeps the belt cause that's the only way Faber will get it. He ain't beating Barao any time soon.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Even if the odds are stacked against him, he still has some chance of retaining his title. If they stripped him, he has no way if keeping.

Yeah but if he had been stripped he could take a couple of fights to get back into the swing of things and fight Barao at his best.

Yeah but if he had been stripped he could take a couple of fights to get back into the swing of things and fight Barao at his best.

Yeah, makes much more sense to me for him to have been stripped and to build his way up to a 5 round title fight with a guy who has been smashing top contenders. We've seen what ring-rust can do to a fighter, never mind what it could do to a fighter whose first fight back after more than 2 years is a 5 rounder against the best guy in the division.

It's not like he won't be back training for months by the time they fight.
    If he losses the title he could go away win a few and earn a rematch also.
    If given the option to vacate the title and have a tune up fight or to defend verses the interim champ, I imagine every champ would pick the title.

Stripping him in no way favours Cruz. I think it's mad that you think it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira injured, out of Alexander Gustafsson fight

"Minotouro" has withdrawn from the fight due to a lingering back injury, '

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/31/5052980/antonio-rogerio-nogueira-injured-out-of-alexander-gustafsson-fight

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/31/5052980/antonio-rogerio-nogueira-injured-out-of-alexander-gustafsson-fight

Lingering gonna get his ass kicked injury more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

he would have been wrecked, he should retire if he can

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

great news

Didn't want to see another one sided beating by gus to another
    fighter who's best days are long gone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Machida vs Gegard official Feb. 8 which is nice and soon, quick turnaround for Machida and rightly so. He's in peak form. Vitor Beats Hendo and is #1, the winner feb 8th would have to be right up there after him

link

oh and it's in Brazil BTW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Absolutely love this fight. I know Lyoto will go into it as favourite, but Mousasi is a top 5 middleweight IMO, and is very very good. Coming off an injury and long lay-off will not help, but I don't see him getting KO'ed by Machida like Munoz did. If that does in fact happen, The Dragon has to get a title shot.

It's not like he won't be back training for months by the time they fight.

Training isn't the same as fighting.
    If he losses the title he could go away win a few and earn a rematch also.

Dana has said before that he doesn't like giving people second shots after being finished by the champ. I firmly believe Barao will finish Cruz in this fight.

• Advertisement

AND IT'S ALL OVERRRRRR

Now 50% of you would have said that in your head but with Goldie's voice

The other 50% will now be repeating it again in Goldie's voice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Where did the gunner Nelson thread go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Dtp1979 wrote: »

it morphed into latest news from severemma thread

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Thats odd, not on the front page, only found it as i posted in it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87313776

scudzilla wrote: »
    Thats odd, not on the front page, only found it as i posted in it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87313776

Weird one alright

adamski8 wrote: »
    it morphed into latest news from severemma thread

Indeed it did!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Yep. Just a name change. From now on, that's the thread where you can catch up on everything from severe mma.

Lads, if you haven't seen Chandler v Alvarez from last night yet, get on it!

Training isn't the same as fighting

Dana has said before that he doesn't like giving people second shots after being finished by the champ. I firmly believe Barao will finish Cruz in this fight.

It's not ideal, but in the 135 lb division he'll beat everyone else and will end up an undeniable No.1 contender. The fact that he was coming off a lay off will serve a justification for the rematch.

I'm not saying that Cruz isn't disadvantaged by the lay off, he clearly is. But stripping him doesn't benefit him. It doesn't benefit Barao either, as he'd still be the champ who never beat the champ.

• Advertisement

It's not ideal, but in the 135 lb division he'll beat everyone else and will end up an undeniable No.1 contender. The fact that he was coming off a lay off will serve a justification for the rematch.

I'm not saying that Cruz isn't disadvantaged by the lay off, he clearly is. But stripping him doesn't benefit him. It doesn't benefit Barao either, as he'd still be the champ who never beat the champ.

But if, for whatever reason, Cruz has to pull out of this fight due to injury then surely they must strip him of the title

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement