Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,333 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

scudzilla wrote: »
    But if, for whatever reason, Cruz has to pull out of this fight due to injury then surely they must strip him of the title
    Yeah if this doesn't go ahead then it time to strip him. I don't have a problem with Cruz being stripped of the title, just with the notion that stripping him is in his favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

........... Didn't I watch that last week?

did someone put it up already? fair nufski I'm only watchin it now mesmelf looks good.

He seems even more focused for this fight than I've ever seen him, if that's possible.

Hendricks will have to risk too much to swing into GSP and he'll just get taken down in the process. He might have done more cardio in this camp than he ever thought was humanly possible and he might 'feel' fit but no way he's gona hang with GSP for 5 rounds not a chance, and he won't plan on it either. All his eggs are in one basket - the KO !
    love Hendricks but he hasn't got enough for GSP, nobody at 170 has.

GSP definitely looks intense. The stuff about buying the octagon was mad.

The more the build up for this fight goes, the more I think a Hendricks KO might just happen.

• Advertisement

I basically always say this about challengers to the greats and I'll say it again - Johnny's best chance is to rush in and pull the trigger straight away, big lead hooks, hunt GSP around the cage from the first bell and literally hope he can land one coz if he does it's game over.

I just think GSP will time a perfect shot, get a double and turn the corner and put big rig on the deck straight into half guard and keep him there as much as he wants while he hurts him with big shots and elbows which will break Johnny's spirit - and then rinse and repeat. Winning is muscle memory in GSP.

I just hope if GSP wins it's by TKO, for legacy sake. It would be a huge statement to make at this point in his career. Nobody is going to believe he can finish Hendricks though let's be honest. I do though, forever the optimist!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lads, if you haven't seen Chandler v Alvarez from last night yet, get on it!

I knew someone mentioned it somewhere (thanks mrstuff)
    didn't know result and just watched it

If ye haven't seen it yet just stop whatever the hell yer doing
    right now and

WATCH THIS

http://www.fights4all.com/eddie-alvarez/eddie-alvarez-vs-michael-chandler-video_82d0d0a17.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Gustafsson vs Manuwa in London in March...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I like Manuwa but I dont think he has a chance at beating Gus.

Is he being thrown to the dogs or actually getting a legit push?

Everyone relevant at 205 is unavailable. I don't know why they didn't just have the immediate rematch with Jones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    I knew someone mentioned it somewhere (thanks mrstuff)
    didn't know result and just watched it

If ye haven't seen it yet just stop whatever the hell yer doing
    right now and

WATCH THIS

http://www.fights4all.com/eddie-alvarez/eddie-alvarez-vs-michael-chandler-video_82d0d0a17.html

:o:o:o:o

Just put up their first fight in error not knowing so still have to watch
    The most recent one

Here is the most recent one http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HbKJw6Fn8xY

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

They want to sell tickets in London so they'll try to convince us all that Manuwa has a chance, and they need an easy opponent who won't spoil the plans for Jones vs Gus II.

I think it's silly to think Manuwa has no chance. Gus is the better fighter but Manuwa is very dangerous. The fight is likely to stay on the feet and Manuwa is quite good at that caper!

unbeaten, 3 UFC wins, 13 of his 14 wins are by strikes with 10 of those in the first round so yeah he can hit and he goes to work early but ... ya know... cmon... He'll be 10-1 underdog. Gus opened at 5-1 against Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

unbeaten, 3 UFC wins, 13 of his 14 wins are by strikes with 10 of those in the first round so yeah he can hit and he goes to work early but ... ya know... cmon... He'll be 10-1 underdog. Gus opened at 5-1 against Jones.

10-1. Ill have some of that!

Are you guessing here or is that a real figure?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 DerpKehoe

lol at the price guessed.

Prices aren't out yet.
    You can bet on Jones v Gus 2 though

I don't know just a guess at the odds but I'd say it'll be 7-1 +

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I don't know just a guess at the odds but I'd say it'll be 7-1 +

Not a chance, especially after the first fight, i'd say Gus would open at around 4, possible drifting out to 9/2 or 5/1 come fight night

• Advertisement

not talkin bout gus jones 2 talkin bout the Manuwa fight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

not talkin bout gus jones 2 talkin bout the Manuwa fight

ooops, seen Mellors post above yours and got confused

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Manuwa hasnt a prayer,did anyone watch him in Manchester a few weeks ago he was lucky to get the win thanks to serious injury his opponent got,he was just about getting on top with some nice knee's but he looked gased,I'll be having my shirt on Gus to K.o him.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Not a chance, especially after the first fight, i'd say Gus would open at around 4, possible drifting out to 9/2 or 5/1 come fight night
    Odds are out already. He opened at 3/1. Not a chance he drifts to 5/1 for fight night.

If you take that bet now it will stand for as long as they fight in 2014. William Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Mellor wrote: »
    Odds are out already. He opened at 3/1. Not a chance he drifts to 5/1 for fight night.

If you take that bet now it will stand for as long as they fight in 2014. William Hill

3/1 is fantastic odds still.

Manuwa has looked average against average competition, this is the definition of being thrown to the dogs. I reckon Gus stops him late.

Nobody said Rocky Balboa had a chance either :)

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Nobody said Rocky Balboa had a chance either :)
    Yeah, and he lost ;)

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah, and he lost ;)

I never said which rocky ;)

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I never said which rocky ;)
    But you did say the one where nobody gave him a chance.

That's rules out the rematch, or when he was champ...and leaves the ones he lost.

• Advertisement

he's being fed to the dogs big time but if ya think about it there's such a risk in even letting Gus fight at all before the Bones rematch, which will surely be the most watched UFC of next year? One Rocky punch out of Manuwa and it's curtains on the rematch.. or would they still do the rematch even if Gus lost by KO?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement