Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah, I don't understand this one. How many times have we seen guys next in line get passed over because UFC want a rematch.

In this case, I don't think anyone would've disagreed with a rematch, yet UFC go the opposite way.

There has to be some other factors at play here. Contract issues? Maybe they want to put Bones v Glover on in Brazil? I don't know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Didn't they promise Glover the next shot? Obviously no one was expecting the fight to be as close but still, a promise is a promise (somewhat loosely though for Dana).

It's not a great match-up cause if Gustafsson loses who does he fight next..? And how far off from another shot is he?

Yeah they did, but they've gone back on title shot promises many times before.

Remember Pettis got passed over because Frankie was in another rematch and lost to Guida?

And where is this Pettis guy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

MrStuffins wrote: »

And where is this Pettis guy now?

For every Pettis there is a Karo Parysian.

Yup! Although, didn't Karo get injured and replaced by Joe Riggs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mellor wrote: »
    But you did say the one where nobody gave him a chance.

That's rules out the rematch, or when he was champ...and leaves the ones he lost.

The one nobody gave him a chance in was rocky 1. Wasn't that a draw??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    The one nobody gave him a chance in was rocky 1. Wasn't that a draw??

No he lost in that one. You wouldn't think it though by the way he celebrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

El Guapo! wrote: »
    No he lost in that one. You wouldn't think it though by the way he celebrated.

My mistake. Jaysus I always thought it was a draw. It's been years since I saw it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKK4Cf86ibo

from 7:40

Dana talks about the fights to get into the next TUF house, BJ and Frankie... says there was a KO that is 'the most vicious KO you will ever fookin see' , said it's more vicious than Uriah Halls spinning kick !

• Advertisement

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/12/full-episode-ufc-167-primetime-st-pierre-vs-hendricks-part-3-video/

Primetime Part 3

I don't care how cheesy it is or isn't the last few mins in this with the song building up is so fookin heroic I punched a wall...and it hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

wsof considering bringin palhares in

I'd consider it all but done sadly

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/12/world-series-of-fighting-reconsidering-position-on-rousimar-palhares/

Looks like Paul Harris could be coming closer to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

:eek:

8441.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Would love to be Caraway for one night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Interesting. Will he be UFC Champ? No. But he'll wrestle a few guys to death so will win a few fights.

Jon Jones v Glover officially announced as the headliner of UFC 170.

Immediately, Jon Jones pulls out! Weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great vid showing UFC 2 and all the funny bits. This was the first UFC event I ever saw, the rules have come a long way!

@0.42 - who the fudge uses Wing Tsun in MMA???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Easy Rod wrote: »

According to DW he will not be signing him up

I think this is a ploy, he reckons WSOF will be his next destination

I was reading about that earlier. I'm kinda glad Dana isn't too fussed with him if he well and truly is that one dimensional and boring.

I was reading about that earlier. I'm kinda glad Dana isn't too fussed with him if he well and truly is that one dimensional and boring.

I think Dana is just gonna low ball him. Of Gsp wins tomorrow it strengthens Askrens position greatly.

As far as him being one dimensional or boring that is just ridiculous. He's arguably the best wrestler in MMA and trains at the best stand up gym in North America. His style is relentless and is a thing of brilliance to watch. To call him boring is the equivalent of watching a world class defensive footballer like Roy Keane getting in there and breaking up play and then moaning saying this is boring.

To quote 'anyone who finds him boring isn't watching MMA right'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭xtal191

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Jon Jones v Glover officially announced as the headliner of UFC 170.

Immediately, Jon Jones pulls out! Weird!

Has a reason been given why Jones pulled out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Must be still broke up from the gus fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

SRFC wrote: »
    Must be still broke up from the gus fight?

It's not an injury.

Saw this on mmafighting.com:
    LAS VEGAS -- Hope you didn't book a flight to see that Jon Jones-Glover Teixeira fight in Las Vegas just yet.

Just one day after UFC president Dana White announced that Jones would fight Teixeira in the main event of UFC 170 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center, White said Jones won't be fighting on Feb. 22.

"I told you yesterday that Jones will fight on Feb. 22," White told reporters following the UFC 167 press conference. "He won't fight in Feb. 22. He just pulled out of the fight. He's not fighting Feb. 22."

Adding an air of mystery to the situation, White declined to say why the UFC light heavyweight champion won't defend his belt on that night.

"He's not injured," was the only further info White offered on the reasons for the pullout. White also said he believe Jones-Teixeira could go off in March.

The UFC boss also indicated that UFC 170 will go on as planned at Mandalay Bay, with a new main event to be named later.

Paddys Day in the O2?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Dana also announced that they are working on a 115 pound female division. Ais / Rosi Sexton rematch in the 02?

unknown13 wrote: »
    Dana also announced that they are working on a 115 pound female division. Ais / Rosi Sexton rematch in the 02?

Echo echo echo :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

I have no interest in female mma fights just not drawn to it whatsoever.anyone else the same or am the only who isnt interested in watching females go at it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement