Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

SRFC wrote: »
    I have no interest in female mma fights just not drawn to it whatsoever.anyone else the same or am the only who isnt interested in watching females go at it?

Watch Raquel Pennington / Jessamyn Duke fight on TUF 18 then you may change your opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

unknown13 wrote: »
    Watch Raquel Pennington / Jessamyn Duke fight on TUF 18 then you may change your opinion.

Ill have a look,im not saying they aint talented or anything obviously there serious good martial artists ect but I wouldn go out of my way to watch them,Ill watch tate and rousey all day as they're sweet looking but it wouldnt bother me if I didnt see them fight ever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I don't want loads of women's divisions in the UFC. I don't want there to be 5/6 divisions in a few years as there are so many weights for the men already. I can just about keep track of the current crop + the 1 womens division they currently have, but with so many shows and so many fighters it's almost at a saturation point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Ill have a look,im not saying they aint talented or anything obviously there serious good martial artists ect but I wouldn go out of my way to watch them,Ill watch tate and rousey all day as they're sweet looking but it wouldnt bother me if I didnt see them fight ever

Who's to say you don't feel the same about male MMA? Maybe you've a little sweet spot for the likes of Vitor or GSP based on their looks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Who's to say you don't feel the same about male MMA? Maybe you've a little sweet spot for the likes of Vitor or GSP based on their looks.

There is not a gay bone in my body but Conor is one slick mutfuka :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Dunno if I'm alone in this one, but I find WMMA extremely unsexy. Outside the cage, they can be fantastic looking, but inside the cage, they're, umm, just fighters I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Dunno if I'm alone in this one, but I find WMMA extremely unsexy. Outside the cage, they can be fantastic looking, but inside the cage, they're, umm, just fighters I guess.

You're not alone... There's nothing sexy about two female fighters knocking lumps outta each other but then again, that's not why they're there. Probably a good thing. We've the ring girls to provide the T&A.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

I have no interest in female mma fights just not drawn to it whatsoever.anyone else the same or am the only who isnt interested in watching females go at it?

womens fights in TUF18 outshone mens fights by maybe 2-1

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

+1

I'm don't see it at all. It's a fight, not a beauty pagent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

I'm with you. I've been a huge boxing fan since my dad sat me on his knee to watch Frank Bruno vs Tim Witherspoon.

I've also watched mma since ufc 35. So watching combat sports it's nothing new for me. But I'm sorry, female fighters do nothing for me and I'll be really sexist here, they don't belong in the ufc.

As is said above, these women are super talented, super tough and would beat the living **** out of me that's for sure. But I don't find any of it appealing and I refuse to watch them fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

If you have absolutely no other logical argument against women in the UFC other than your sexism then it's a pointless and hateful statement.

No different than saying "Black people do nothing for me and I'll be really racist here, they don't belong in the UFC".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I'm with you. I've been a huge boxing fan since my dad sat me on his knee to watch Frank Bruno vs Tim Witherspoon.

I've also watched mma since ufc 35. So watching combat sports it's nothing new for me. But I'm sorry, female fighters do nothing for me and I'll be really sexist here, they don't belong in the ufc.

As is said above, these women are super talented, super tough and would beat the living **** out of me that's for sure. But I don't find any of it appealing and I refuse to watch them fight.

This is beyond retarded. Why would you refuse to watch them fight? They're no different to the men's divisions. In fact people think they have more to prove so put on a great show. Almost everyone female fight in the UFC so far has been amazing. Tate vs. Zingano was FOTN. The women's fights in TUF are great and most likely are going to take fight of the season. You're doing yourself out of some quality MMA with your attitude.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    If you have absolutely no other logical argument against women in the UFC other than your sexism then it's a pointless and hateful statement.

No different than saying "Black people do nothing for me and I'll be really racist here, they don't belong in the UFC".

So because I don't want to watch two women cause damage to each other. That makes me racist as well?

Some people would call that pacifism, but nope, it seems to make me a racist

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

So because I don't want to watch two women cause damage to each other. That makes me racist as well?

Some people would call that pacifism, but nope, it seems to make me a racist

Nobody called you a racist. He made an analogy which makes sense. All he was doing is trying to make sense of the statement you made. Don't make something out of nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Surely MMA is unique in putting women on a par with men in terms of viewership. I may not be getting my point across well but like you don't see women's football thrown into your ford super Sunday package and same with rugby, wnba etc. mma and tennis are the only two that spring to mind in that fans are expected to happily watch both sexes and criticised if they don't.

Xlami wrote: »
    Surely MMA is unique in putting women on a par with men in terms of viewership. I may not be getting my point across well but like you don't see women's football thrown into your ford super Sunday package and same with rugby, wnba etc. mma and tennis are the only two that spring to mind in that fans are expected to happily watch both sexes and criticised if they don't.
    How about almost every Olympic sport also. That covers a lot really.

Can you imagine the uproar if Joe Duffy or somebody said that Katie Taylor didn't belong at the Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I've also watched mma since ufc 35. So watching combat sports it's nothing new for me.
    Some people would call that pacifism

:confused:

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Nobody called you a racist. He made an analogy which makes sense. All he was doing is trying to make sense of the statement you made. Don't make something out of nothing.

Bas, Dr Phil likened me not looking to watch two women beat each other senseless to not wanting black people in the sport. I'm sorry, but he should be the focal point of your criticism

I've no problem with anybody watching it. Each to their own. But I take offence when I'm called sexist and racist.

Is it sexist to not want women's football on match of the day as well then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Not wanting to watch women in a sport regardless of how good they are just because they are women is sexist and pretty blatantly so.

I've no problem with anybody watching it. Each to their own. But I take offence when I'm called sexist and racist.
    As for sexist, not sure why you are offended, you said it yourself;
    I'll be really sexist here

And no body called your racist. It's getting embarrassing that at this stage.

He said not wanting black people in the sport would be racist. Which it would. That should be obvious.
    Not watching women's football is one thing.
    Saying they shouldn't be playing football is entire different, and yes it's racist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

While everybody is entitled to their opinion, doesn't mean it isn't a little bit ignorant

Bas, Dr Phil likened me not looking to watch two women beat each other senseless to not wanting black people in the sport. I'm sorry, but he should be the focal point of your criticism

This possibly defines sexism. If you said you weren't interested that would be one thing but to say you don't want them on the telly for MOTD is another...

Rampage v Beltran spoiler....
    On topic Rampage knocked out Beltran last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

thanks saves me watching the rampage fight now :rolleyes:

Regarding post about not wanting black people in sport.

They are probably the best athletes in the world, if you think of a sport and the best there is/was most of the time they will be black men.

MMA Anderson Silva
    Boxing Muhammad Ali
    Soccer Pele
    Basketball Micheal Jordan
    Running Linford Christie

I'm sure there are more sports that I left out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dave1982 wrote: »
    Regarding post about not wanting black people in sport.

They are probably the best athletes in the world, if you think of a sport and the best there is/was most of the time they will be black men.

MMA Anderson Silva
    Boxing Muhammad Ali
    Soccer Pele
    Basketball Micheal Jordan
    Running Linford Christie

I'm sure there are more sports that I left out

Swimming ;)

scudzilla wrote: »
    Swimming ;)

Michelle de bruin said I better not mention her

Mod: Quick reminder lads.....Be careful with spoilers.
    The Rampage v Beltran fight was only last night. A lot of people haven't had a chance to see it yet, myself included.
    Out of courtesy for others, add spoiler tags within a reasonable period after a fight. If you're unsure, pm me for clarification.

As was already said, nobody called you a racist, so there's no need to take offence to that.

If you don't like to watch women's mma then that's perfectly fine and you're entitled to your opinion.
    If the reason you don't want them in the UFC, and won't watch them fight is purely because they're women, then I'm sorry but yes that is sexist.

As I said you're entitled to your opinion but personally I think you're missing out on some fantastic fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

scudzilla wrote: »
    Swimming ;)

Running linford Christie?????
    How bout bolt. Come to think of it who was the last white 100m world or Olympic champ!!

• Advertisement

Apologies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement