Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Any word on him since?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Colin Oyama said there was a glimmer of hope this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Bit of a joke for ESPN to be reporting that he's dead if he's not. Very poor form from them.
    Fingers crossed he gets that miracle he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTi9OZqlEY#t=32

The pre fight video of Seery Vs. Gomez is unbelievable. Maybe it's an Irish bias but two incredible stories tops any UFC primetime I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Bit of a joke for ESPN to be reporting that he's dead if he's not. Very poor form from them.
    Fingers crossed he gets that miracle he needs.
    The guy who's name is on the article has come out and said that it wasn't him and had nothing to do with it. Gareth A.Davies mentioned it in his twitter feed yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Hospitalized UFC heavyweight Shane del Rosario showed signs of brain activity and was taken off life support this weekend, according to the fighter's teammate and friend Erik Apple.
    Del Rosario is now able to breathe independently and he squeezed his mother's hand, Apple added. MMAWeekly.com confirmed the information after an initial report from Sherdog.com

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/shane-del-rosario-taken-off-023806254--mma.html

The best of luck to him on his road to recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

You beauty!

Brilliant news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

what a fighter, amazing news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Could a mod delete my post about del rosario? it won't let me edit or delete. Brilliiant news I couldn't believe he was still alive never mind doing well after hearing the reports of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Josh at rock concert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

BJ Penn.com again reporting that Shane Del Rosario has passed away. Can't find much about it elsewhere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

MrStuffins wrote: »
    BJ Penn.com again reporting that Shane Del Rosario has passed away. Can't find much about it elsewhere though.

12-9-2013 After nearly two-weeks of hospitalization UFC heavyweight fighter and former kickboxing world champion, Shane Del Rosario has passed away.
    The top prospect suffered from a Catastrophic Cardiovascular Collapse on Tuesday, November 26th and had been clinging to life in an Orange County hospital event since.
    After two-confusing weeks and several mis-reports of his passing, it appears as if Del Rosario took his last breath sometime yesterday.

Wiki

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

12-9-2013 After nearly two-weeks of hospitalization UFC heavyweight fighter and former kickboxing world champion, Shane Del Rosario has passed away.
    The top prospect suffered from a Catastrophic Cardiovascular Collapse on Tuesday, November 26th and had been clinging to life in an Orange County hospital event since.
    After two-confusing weeks and several mis-reports of his passing, it appears as if Del Rosario took his last breath sometime yesterday.

Wiki

No offence Hank but after all the uncertainty Wiki is the last place i'd be taking any news from

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

scudzilla wrote: »
    No offence Hank but after all the uncertainty Wiki is the last place i'd be taking any news from

None taken

I believe this to be true as it's also on Sports Yahoo,latintimes.com,BJpenn.com and a dozen others as of 09/12/13

Although you're right nothing official yet, sadly I believe he has passed

Fuck, that's some real shitty news. Confirmed on lots of sites and twitter.

Article here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

RIP. Thought he was going to make it after hearing about the recovery. Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

Gunner Nelson vs OMARI AKHMEDOV on the March London card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Gunner Nelson vs OMARI AKHMEDOV on the March London card

Would have expected a bigger name for Nelson after dispatching two well known fighters. Either way Akhmedov is a powerful guy. Will really test the wrestling of Nelson.

Looking forward to getting tickets for this event even more now :)

When are they on sale? Planning to head over to this myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

MrStuffins wrote: »
    When are they on sale? Planning to head over to this myself.

General sale 31st Jan. fight club day or two before. Seem reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

are the ticket prices up? hoping to head to it, just have to make sure the finances add up,

shaping up to be a pretty interesting card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Tickets from 40£

Are many people here going to head along? Is any one here subbed to UFC to get ticket sales pre release?

My missus wants to visit London. I managed to get her to go the weekend the UFC will be on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭conor678

I am trying to get tickets to the event. I am living near near scunthorpe in the UK and training in a club in doncaster and my coach just got signed to the ufc and is fighting at the event. Danny Mitchell, he's fighting igor araujo. Top bloke and look forward to see him fight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Best of luck to him.

I'll be especially rooting for him now considering his nickname is "The Cheesecake Assassin"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭conor678

I know unique nick name. He shares cheese cake recipes with you in training. Very nice humble bloke. Fought some big names already. Lost to gunnar nelson in his debut. Drew with cathal pendred i think. Beat Dean amisinger by flying triangle. Has a win by twister and has also beaten a couple of past and present Swedish ufc fighters. If anyone's spending time in the UK near doncaster scunthorpe way i highly recommend you pop into his club cos he's a very good coach too

conor678 wrote: »
    I know unique nick name. He shares cheese cake recipes with you in training. Very nice humble bloke. Fought some big names already. Lost to gunnar nelson in his debut. Drew with cathal pendred i think. Beat Dean amisinger by flying triangle. Has a win by twister and has also beaten a couple of past and present Swedish ufc fighters. If anyone's spending time in the UK near doncaster scunthorpe way i highly recommend you pop into his club cos he's a very good coach too

I'll definitely be looking out for him. Also, what a nickname! I've been known to assassinate a few cakes myself! Especially over Christmas :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Best of luck to him.

I'll be especially rooting for him now considering his nickname is "The Cheesecake Assassin"
    :D

Same as my other half then ;);)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement