Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

rock wants the count
    i hope the ufc grants his wish
    i'd imagine they'll give mb an easier fight for his comeback though

romero is one huge mother fcuker and a tank of a man but
    by god did he just look so slow
    On the other hand it looks like his chin is up there with
    big countrys
    The head kick he took would have finished most others

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The beating Brunson took at the end of the fight was ridiculous and should have been stopped much sooner. Holy christ.

Most of the elbows at the end looked illegal to me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Ush1 wrote: »
    Most of the elbows at the end looked illegal to me also.

Something needs to be done about that rule. When the referees don't even agree on it, there's something wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Is the rick flair 'wooooo's from the ufc crowds pissing anyone else off. i really hope it stops but it seems to be becoming more popular!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Jizzear

Something needs to be done about that rule. When the referees don't even agree on it, there's something wrong.

If you put any of the top referees in there they would all have warned/taken a point off him. not saying the rule should be there but its very clear what the rule is and its not really open to interpretation. bad refereeing instead of bad rule imo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Jizzear wrote: »
    If you put any of the top referees in there they would all have warned/taken a point off him. not saying the rule should be there but its very clear what the rule is and its not really open to interpretation. bad refereeing instead of bad rule imo!

I dont agree..to me it doesn't seem clear and isn't implemented consistently. Different referees have different interpretations of it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Seen Herschel walker in the audience. Whatever happened to him and his MMA career ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Free link for WSOF tonight if anyone interested, card just started with a quick sub in 1st round. Vid quality seems good and it's legit legal stream. Rumble Johnson on later, Rutten commentating. Can't say I know too many of the fighters:

http://onintercast.com/wsof8/wideframe?l=wideframe&url=http://wsof.com

/edit the stream aint that great, skipping alot now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

It's refreshing to see some honest commentary on WSOF. That guy who missed weight in the Rousey/Tate TUF was fighting and Bas was just taking the piss out of how crap the fight was.

It's refreshing to see some honest commentary on WSOF. That guy who missed weight in the Rousey/Tate TUF was fighting and Bas was just taking the piss out of how crap the fight was.

cody bollinger
    wonder how the likes of him or the glutton could possibly get snapped up by
    any organisation after disgracing themeselves on the show

i wondered was it him or the other lad who ate all round him
    didnt see the fight but see he won

rumble kyle could be alright, maybe a bit one sided for AJ

• Advertisement

another ko for aj
    i'd love to see him back in the ufc

i'd give him romero if he came back as a hw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Fairly brutal ko. There was no need for the follow up punch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

anyone going over to london in march for ufc?
    im thinking of getting the fight club membership but its quite expensive (75dollars) these days.
    anyone want to share a membership or something?
    maybe it will be worth getting it seeing as there might be an irish event too

adamski8 wrote: »
    anyone going over to london in march for ufc?
    im thinking of getting the fight club membership but its quite expensive (75dollars) these days.
    anyone want to share a membership or something?
    maybe it will be worth getting it seeing as there might be an irish event too

I'm heading over with a few other Boardsies (not from this forum). What does the membership get you?

I'm heading over with a few other Boardsies (not from this forum). What does the membership get you?

forgot to add that part. The membership gives you a code for the presale two days before the general, the newsletter sub give you a presale code for 1 day before general.

As ive got everything booked i dont want to miss out on tickets.

What else does the membership get you, well sweet **** all thats useful anyway, some tat and the warm feeling of making dana rich.

forgot to add that part. The membership gives you a code for the presale two days before the general, the newsletter sub give you a presale code for 1 day before general.

As ive got everything booked i dont want to miss out on tickets.

What else does the membership get you, well sweet **** all thats useful anyway, some tat and the warm feeling of making dana rich.

$75 is a bit steep for just a pre sale code. I could be wrong here but I don't think London UFC will sell out in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Is the rick flair 'wooooo's from the ufc crowds pissing anyone else off. i really hope it stops but it seems to be becoming more popular!

I think this was really exaggerated at this event because Ric Flair was at ringside

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Spotted a new martial arts place open there near Drumcondra bridge as i was going past. Someone handing out leaflets outside. Didn't catch the name.

$75 is a bit steep for just a pre sale code. I could be wrong here but I don't think London UFC will sell out in minutes.
    Yeah your prob right

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I think this was really exaggerated at this event because Ric Flair was at ringside

Yeah true, there was an event a month or two ago as well that i think was just as bad.

Yeah your prob right

One of the other lads is tasked with getting my tickets as I'll be in Las Vegas next weekend :eek:

Not so subtle brag.

I'm hoping to get over to this. It was all but sealed up until the missus organised a Vegas trip that we have to pay for this month (this bragging thing is catching on).

Have you guys gone to the O2 before? Any recommendations with regards to accommodation? Which airport is the best one to fly to?

I'm hoping to get over to this. It was all but sealed up until the missus organised a Vegas trip that we have to pay for this month (this bragging thing is catching on).

Have you guys gone to the O2 before? Any recommendations with regards to accommodation? Which airport is the best one to fly to?

I've never been but the lad who's getting my tickets lives as close to next door to it. All airports in London are close but Gatwick seems to be the easiest to get there. Unless you can get a flight to London City airport...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Next person to mention the fact that they're going to Vegas is getting perma-banned.

Bastards.

Oh did I say Vegas?

I meant "Fargas". We're going to see Antonio Fargas in his one man show "Huggy Bear: More than a pimp". It's on in O'Reilly's Hotel in Donegal!

Oh did I say Vegas?

I meant "Fargas". We're going to see Antonio Fargas in his one man show "Huggy Bear: More than a pimp". It's on in O'Reilly's Hotel in Donegal!

Apparently it's in 4D. Warning to the front row: You will get wet.

The NY Times called it "A Taste Sensation".

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I think ill go to vegas.
    You know. Las Vegas, Nevada.

.I.. O_O ..I.

I think ill go to vegas.
    You know. Las Vegas, Nevada.

.I.. O_O ..I.

paddling+blackadder.jpg

• Advertisement

Not sure it's been mentioned but I'll be at Caesars Palace for Chinese New Year, UFC 169 and the Superbowl final. Just sayin'

...worth the ban :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement