Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Tickets for London from £40 to £225 ($370)

Tickets for UFC 171 range $50 to $350.

Gustafsson vs Manuwa
    Hendricks vs Lawler

Thievin hoores.

So am I right in thinking that we have no legal means of watching TUF Nations?

Not on BT, UFC Fight Pass isn't available until March.

Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

It's on ufc.tv no?

Edit.. 18 euros for the season, you're grand thanks. Other completely legitimate means for me I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

rain on wrote: »
    It's on ufc.tv no?

Edit.. 18 euros for the season, you're grand thanks. Other completely legitimate means for me I think

This place usually shows it.

0EFA2C9B-F765-4F31-B22F-ACF0404D4BD3-4617-000009A422056359.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What is with some of the titles on TUF?

Was just watching TUF Nations.

Fighters Name
    "Devout Christian"

Fighters Name
    "Amateur Cowboy"

Bizarre.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    What is with some of the titles on TUF?

Was just watching TUF Nations.

Fighters Name
    "Devout Christian"

Fighters Name
    "Amateur Cowboy"

Bizarre.

Nothing beats "lives with parents"

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

califano wrote: »
    Spotted a new martial arts place open there near Drumcondra bridge as i was going past. Someone handing out leaflets outside. Didn't catch the name.

Thats balance bjj and mma and aikido, was previously in clonshaugh but has now moved to drumcondra. Head coach is Ray Butcher and its a great place to be involved with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

dont see this mentioned anywhere but chris leben has retired. linky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

shanec1928 wrote: »

Not surprising after his last fight. Sensibly gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

shanec1928 wrote: »
    "I've landed more strikes than anybody out there..."

Emm, not really Chris. Just because GSP and Fitch aren't fighting in the UFC doesn't mean you erase their records.

1 Georges St-Pierre 2523
    2 Jon Fitch 2185
    3 Chris Leben 1791
    4 BJ Penn 1676
    5 Nick Diaz 1536

Smart decision from Leben. It's always a sad day when a TUF 1 alum retires. I think there's only Swick, Koschek and Sanchez now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1930715-report-mauricio-shogun-rua-vs-dan-henderson-ii-set-for-march-in-brazil

Shogun vs Hendo 2 rumoured. First fight was one of the best ever but does anybody else think that this rematch is completely unnecessary?

Neither of them have anything to prove after the first fight. At this stage in their careers the last thing they need is another slobberknocker. They've both taken so much punishment in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Chewabacca wrote: »
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1930715-report-mauricio-shogun-rua-vs-dan-henderson-ii-set-for-march-in-brazil

Shogun vs Hendo 2 rumoured. First fight was one of the best ever but does anybody else think that this rematch is completely unnecessary?

Neither of them have anything to prove after the first fight. At this stage in their careers the last thing they need is another slobberknocker. They've both taken so much punishment in the last few years.

Unfortunately that's the way it's going for a lot of the old 'name' fighters, no chance of a title fight so UFC will put them against each other for a big box office draw

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Thing is, Hendo & Shogun haven't got much to offer the top guys at the moment and probably never will considering age and wear & tear!

I really hope this happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Who has more left in the tank Shogun or Hendo?

I'm thinking Shogun at this point, Hendo will be 6 months shy of 44 if this fight happens in March. His last 5 fights have been Fedor, Shogun, Machida, Rashad and Belfort, holy shít that is a murderers row of opponents in 3 years.

Only problem is Shogun is so dam inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sensible for Leben to retire. Surely would've been cut after his last few fights anyway. Still a pleasure to have watched him fight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Shogun-Hendo 2 March 23rd (A sunday event)
    Mike Chiappetta MMA ‏@MikeChiappetta 24m
    Dana White just confirmed to me that the reports of Shogun-Hendo II happening on March 23 are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pat Barry has retired saying
    "Over the past few fights I've just had this sinking feeling in my stomach whenever I have stepped into the Octagon and I realize, I DONT WANT TO WRESTLE," Barry said. "Not saying I will never do MMA again, but right now I just want to hit people. MMA and the UFC have been great to me and I will always support the company and the sport. I want to thank all my fans, sponsors and haters for being with me on this journey and I look forward to what future holds."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/28/5355678/ufc-heavyweight-pat-barry-retires-from-mixed-martial-arts

Will anyone really miss Pat Barry? For me he always looked out of his depth, despite how many times Joe Rogan tried to sell us on his Kickboxing skills.

He seemed to be a hit & hope artist. Swinging and hoping to get a KO whilst throwing the odd leg kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I will :o

I fully agree that he wasn't quite UFC material, but his fights were always great fun to watch. His del Rosario and Morecraft KOs were brutal and even the Beltran and Kongo fights were standouts

I admire his honesty anyway basically saying he's a kickboxer and that's what he wants to do. Will always remember his hugfest with Cro Cop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

anyone buying tickets tomorrow for the london event? was looking at which seats to get and the top tiers look terrible. gonna try get level 1 seat although its not clear how much they will cost

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Julianna Pena's injury sounds horrible. I wonder if any foul play was at hand, Dana went mental over twitter. Helwani tweeted that it was due to insufficient warm-up, but it seems like a car ran over her leg.

What gym is she in? Doesn't she train with Miesha Tate?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Gym was 'Sik-Jitsu Fighting Systems' out of Spokane, Washington according to my MMA Underground app. Michael Chiesa & Sam Sicilia also train there apparently.
    Torn ACL, MCL, LCL, meniscus & hamstring, maybe she was run over by a car! Hope she recovers well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Julianna Pena's injury sounds horrible. I wonder if any foul play was at hand, Dana went mental over twitter. Helwani tweeted that it was due to insufficient warm-up, but it seems like a car ran over her leg.

Dana went mental??? And that never happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dana went mental??? And that never happens!
    Fighters get injuried all the time in training and he doesn't lose it. Bigger names too, Cruz, GSP, Cruz again...
    There's definitely more to this story.
    Chiesa (also at that gym) posted this on Twitter;
    Michael Chiesa @MikeMav22
    @danawhite @venezuelanvixen I hope you don't think I have any fault in this....#notguilty

This is not a normal injury.
    Somebody at the gym did something stupid. Prob ripped the **** out of a knee bar from a bad position.

It's definitely not from lack of a warm up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

White was asked about the nature of the injury, and how it occurred, during the scrum on UFC 169 media day.

"It’s the worst injury I’ve ever heard of, ever, in this sport, and you hear about those types of injuries in football," he said. "Apparently, when she came into the gym -- and again, she was hysterical when I talked to her, crying -- she was training in her gym and one of her training partners, a guy, was saying to her, ‘oh, you’re wearing your Ultimate Fighter shirt, we’re real scared.’ He says that and was talking smack to her and then basically attacked her.

"He jumped on her back, started cranking her neck, and the way she fell her knee blew out. The most disgusting thing I’ve ever heard in my life. A year-and-a-half to two years she’ll be out, and I told her to leave that disgusting gym and go somewhere else with new coaches, new training partners, whatever. And that’s all I know."

White said he wasn’t sure if it was a fighter who injured Pena, but it was a man, and from what he heard it sounded like assault.

"It sounds like assault to me, but how do you consider it assault in a gym? You know what I mean?"

disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

That's pretty brutal. What an asshole thing to do.
    If it's true then she should press charges against him.

Oh man that is crazy, sounded dodgy alright with the back and fourth on twitter. Sounds like the guy was jealous as f*ck, hope this goes further and is investigated properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Ah Heyor, two sides to a story im sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement