Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Don't know much about Mayhem, do you guys reckon he'll take Bisping? (In the fight, not on the show)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

scudzilla wrote: »
    Don't know much about Mayhem, do you guys reckon he'll take Bisping? (In the fight, not on the show)

He's be an underrated grappler if his mouth wasn't so f@cking big!

He's tough and strong and he definitely has a chance if he can tie Bisping up.

The problem is as we all know doing that is harder than people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

He's be an underrated grappler if his mouth wasn't so f@cking big!

He's tough and strong and he definitely has a chance if he can tie Bisping up.

The problem is as we all know doing that is harder than people think.

Ah right, so 2 gobshites on TUF then, should prove interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Did anyone watch MFC 30 over the weekend? IMO it's one of the most under rated organisations out there. They have a few very talented guys on their roster and always put on good fights. There's the link if anyones interested.

http://ironforgesiron.com/2011/06/maximum-fighting-championship-30-teh-vids/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Xlami wrote: »
    Did anyone watch MFC 30 over the weekend? IMO it's one of the most under rated organisations out there. They have a few very talented guys on their roster and always put on good fights. There's the link if anyones interested.

Thanks for the link man, always nive to get a bit of free MMA, will watch these later (never heard of the MFC before)

scudzilla wrote: »

Hopefully Mayhem will destroy Bisping. At least Bisping will now be one being completely wound up instead of him just winding up everyone else.
    Check out this vid of Mayhem fighting Sakuraba at Dream 16 last September. Look for his signature 'peace sign to the camera' at 3:50

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link man, always nive to get a bit of free MMA, will watch these later (never heard of the MFC before)

Yeh great organisation started watching them bit over a year ago when Tom Watson signed with them. Always have entertaining fights and their president is very entertaining and quoteworthy in interviews. But their best fighter IMO Douglas Lima just signed with Bellator.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Chael Sonnen up to his usual tricks (no not hormone replacement abuse and money laundering) in this artcle

If slags off quite a few people, Anderson, Miller and Bisping obv as they are at the top of the 185 div, but he also gets a few digs in on GSP, the Noguiras, Wandy anf Mark Coleman

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1827411&page=1&pc=136

I didn't want to create a seperate thread for this but I noticed that the hockey fans rioted in Vancouver last night.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201009116012820

....shocking after all the stick MMA fans received in Canada the last few weeks.

Hocky pfft.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I didn't want to create a seperate thread for this but I noticed that the hockey fans rioted in Vancouver last night.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201009116012820

....shocking after all the stick MMA fans received in Canada the last few weeks.

Hocky pfft.

Yeah MMA ets the bad rep all the time even though fights happen everywhere.
    Sure I heard on the radio yesterday that A+E had a massive spike in patients after the Take That gigs in England recently. And the main people involved were women aged 30-40! :D

Dean09 wrote: »
    Yeah MMA ets the bad rep all the time even though fights happen everywhere.
    Sure I heard on the radio yesterday that A+E had a massive spike in patients after the Take That gigs in England recently. And the main people involved were women aged 30-40! :D

And the suspects involved where anyone selling West Coast Cooler and burgers to locked owl' ones :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Great, can't stand Kendall Grove

Can't see him being too sorely missed.

Can't see him being too sorely missed.

I bet his wife wishes he missed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I bet his wife wishes he missed :P

Apparently he only landed one good shot, then gassed out and she subbed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Whooo mma that gets past the sever in work. THANK YOU

Koscheck just posted this on twitter. Would love to see Koscheck v Leben again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Koscheck just posted this on twitter. Would love to see Koscheck v Leben again!
    Stephen bonnar maybe?

• Advertisement

Niall0 wrote: »
    Stephen bonnar maybe?

I'd say thats the most likely match-up tbh. Id just love to see him against leben again! :D

Less than two weeks after his last fight ended in controversy, Charles Oliveira already has plans to head back into the octagon.

The exciting 21-year-old Brazilian has stepped into an open slot at UFC on Versus 5 to take on Donald Cerrone, the UFC has confirmed.

Oliveira fought on the most recent UFC on Versus card, drawing Nik Lentz into a war. After a second-round exchange seemingly led to an Oliveira TKO win, the Pennsylvania state athletic commission reviewed tape and ruled that an Oliveira knee was illegal, delivered while Lentz was still a downed fighter. The fight result was consequently changed to a no contest.

Oliveira is now 14-1 with 1 no contest in his career.

Cerrone had been slated to fight Brit Paul Taylor until Taylor got injured in training.

He's in the midst of a four-fight win streak, with wins over Vagner Rocha, Paul Kelly, Chris Horodeck and Jamie Varner, improving his record to 15-3 with 1 no contest.

UFC on Versus 5 takes place on August 14 and will take place at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. The main event is a welterweight scrap between Dan Hardy and Chris Lytle.

I think this is a bad match up for Cerrone. He didn't look the best against Rocha. Even though it was a dominant win he didn't seem his full self in the fight and if he goes into this fight in the same frame of mind he'll be in serious trouble.

I think this is a bad match up for Cerrone. He didn't look the best against Rocha. Even though it was a dominant win he didn't seem his full self in the fight and if he goes into this fight in the same frame of mind he'll be in serious trouble.

Agreed Dean09! Cerrone is one of my favourite fighters but he was wasn't awe inspiring against Rocha...maybe he was cruising I don't know. This is a tough test. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Looks like BJ Penn v Carlos Condit for the number one contender spot at 137 in October.

I like both guys, I have a feeling Penn by submission though.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Looks like BJ Penn v Carlos Condit for the number one contender spot at 137 in October.

I like both guys, I have a feeling Penn by submission though.

Another snub to Jon Fitch. yes he hasnt got an exciting style, but he deserves another shot in my opinion!

Also, looks like Penn and Jake Shields' back and forth on Twitter came to nothing!

What next for Fitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Another snub to Jon Fitch. yes he hasnt got an exciting style, but he deserves another shot in my opinion!

Also, looks like Penn and Jake Shields' back and forth on Twitter came to nothing!

What next for Fitch?

He's injured until December I think. Shields is already set to fight Ellenberger in September.

I think Condit is a more interesting match against BJ than either of those guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

This is not really on the topic but did anyone see Arthur Guseinov vs. Tyson Jeffries at M-1 Challenge 26 at the weekend? Crazy knockout.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    This is not really on the topic but did anyone see Arthur Guseinov vs. Tyson Jeffries at M-1 Challenge 26 at the weekend? Crazy knockout.
    Any links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

• Advertisement

Poor John Fitch, also curious as to what people would make of Georges Vs BJ 3. First two fights were very good but IMO since the second Georges has remained as good if not improved. Whereas BJ's performances have fluctuated. In fights like Sanchez he put on an absolute masterclass and could have beaten anyone that night. But in his other fights I'm not convinced he's shown anything new or improved that could worry Georges.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement