Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Much preferred the Weidman and Belfort match up I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Random:

I'm seriously considering going to UFC fight night in Macau tomorrow.

I live about 4 hours away by train + 1 hour by boat.

EDIT: I just got the idea now. 0:22 Saturday morning. I'm drunk. Seems like a great idea right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Random:

I'm seriously considering going to UFC fight night in Macau tomorrow.

I live about 4 hours away by train + 1 hour by boat.

EDIT: I just got the idea now. 0:22 Saturday morning. I'm drunk. Seems like a great idea right now.

Out of interest what are ticket prices like compared to an average weekly wage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

scudzilla wrote: »
    Out of interest what are ticket prices like compared to an average weekly wage?

I live in Xiamen (nice place) where the average wage is probably something like EUR 500 - 600 per month.

The cheap tickets look like they're around EUR 50.

I live in Xiamen (nice place) where the average wage is probably something like EUR 500 - 600 per month.

The cheap tickets look like they're around EUR 50.

so the same prices as events over here, the cheap tickets are normally around the 50 mark.

We got these for 75, 80 & 93 and they were amazing views, looking right over the cage, wouldn't bother my arse for ringside unless front row as you'd spend most of the fight either watching the big screen or a camera mans arse

A few examples

UFC 75, Ticket cost £50, the cheapest, front row, top tier

100_0791.jpg

UFC 93, cost 50Euro, again front row, top tier

IMG_0575.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Whats going on twitter between Bisping and Helwani.I can't work out twitter at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I hope UFC does more events in this time zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Just want to state something about the whole TRT debate.

Did the UFC or the athletic commissions ever investigate why some of these fighters needed it? From what I've read and heard there are a few different reasons for needing TRT.

Low testosterone levels can be caused by previous use of steroids. A hormonal imbalance caused by numerous health problems (Including brain damage caused by blunt force trauma)
    Also age is a factor i.e. the older you are the less testosterone produced.

Should a fighter that needs TRT even be competing? Considering they may have a serious health problem or because they used to juice up and now their stuff doesn't work properly.

I can understand an older fighter needing it, but to me that should be the only exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just want to state something about the whole TRT debate.

Did the UFC or the athletic commissions ever investigate why some of these fighters needed it? From what I've read and heard there are a few different reasons for needing TRT.

Low testosterone levels can be caused by previous use of steroids. A hormonal imbalance caused by numerous health problems (Including brain damage caused by blunt force trauma)
    Also age is a factor i.e. the older you are the less testosterone produced.

Should a fighter that needs TRT even be competing? Considering they may have a serious health problem or because they used to juice up and now their stuff doesn't work properly.

I can understand an older fighter needing it, but to me that should be the only exception.

Age shouldnt be a reason. It declines naturally, so a naturally decline isn't abnormal. The reference levels should age dependant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just wondering if anyone on here has subbed to the recently launched UFC Fight Pass? Is it worth it?

It's £6 here in the UK which will net you
    UFC Fight Pass will give subscribers access to a minimum of 10 UFC Fight Night events in 2014, streamed live from around the world. UFC Fight Pass will also be the place to see exclusive, live UFC Fight Pass Prelims™ the opening contests of all UFC Pay-Per-View events and televised cards. The digital service will also showcase the greatest fights in the history of mixed martial arts, including:
    • The UFC fight library, dating back to UFC 1 in 1993 and including the never-repeated events and fights
    • The library of fights from the legendary PRIDE FC organization
    • The library of the ground-breaking WEC organization
    • The library of the iconic Strikeforce organization
    • The Affliction Entertainment events
    • The World Fighting Alliance library
    • The EliteXC library

There will also be special categories curated every month such as:
    • UFC president Dana White’s favorite fights
    • The greatest KOs in UFC and MMA history
    • The greatest fights in UFC and MMA history
    • The entire lineage of the UFC world championships
    • Greatest grudge matches
    • Greatest comebacks
    • The list goes on…

Additionally, there will be original and newly created content including:
    • Exclusive backstage access during UFC events
    • Exclusive content from UFC president Dana White
    • Brand new documentaries on the UFC, MMA and the sport’s biggest stars
    • Exclusive interviews with the biggest stars in the UFC
    • Fitness and nutrition advise from UFC fighters and trainers
    • International editions of The Ultimate Fighter including TUF China and TUF Brazil: Team Wanderlei vs Team Sonnen

As well as archived, historical UFC and MMA television programing including:
    • The Ultimate Fighter
    • The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil
    • The Ultimate Fight: The Smashes
    • UFC Countdown
    • UFC Primetime
    • UFC All Access
    • UFC Wired
    • UFC Unleashed
    • WEC Wreckage

It says you get access to the Fight Pass prelims as well as access to the whole UFC catalogue of events.
    Might seem like a stupid question but how soon after the PPV airs will they be accessible on UFC Fight Pass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Anyone see the latest Bellator?
    Was a clusterfcuk to start with as the night opened with two NCs. Bessett-Nunes was a great fight but aside from that, it was a poor event. The Dampage looked good but the fight afters were stupid

As with any Bellator season, I'm almost guaranteed plenty of MMA fights every Sunday for the next 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Anyone see the latest Bellator?
    Was a clusterfcuk to start with as the night opened with two NCs. Bessett-Nunes was a great fight but aside from that, it was a poor event. The Dampage looked good but the fight afters were stupid

As with any Bellator season, I'm almost guaranteed plenty of MMA fights every Sunday for the next 2 months.
    They've gotten the fight they were looking to get anyway with Rampage and King Mo. The Nunes fight was a good scrap alright.

Anyone see Paul Daley fought for 15 seconds in Cork at the weekend?
    PD_medium.gif
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/2/5462674/paul-daley-delivers-15-second-ko-at-slam-warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

p to the e wrote: »
    They've gotten the fight they were looking to get anyway with Rampage and King Mo. The Nunes fight was a good scrap alright.

PD_medium.gif
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/2/5462674/paul-daley-delivers-15-second-ko-at-slam-warriors

I was at the event it was a pretty savage ko inside the first round, two fights before that there was a ridiculous knee ko, it was unreal!

p to the e wrote: »

Is he still cherry picking his opponents?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Is he still cherry picking his opponents?

Was actually a fairly respectable K1 guy to be fair. He'll be back to that for BAMMA. Such a shame he never signed that contract with Cage Warriors. Wad and Jude really let him down there.

It's never Cyborg is it? Can she even make 135

dave1982 wrote: »

It's going topless :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

She probably could, considering she was on gear for some of the time at 145.
    Sadly, the announcement is just as likely to be Gina Carano :(

Cro cop was on the mma hour this week he came across after a 58 minute interview as the most humble honest person I have ever heard interviewed. Well worth a listen without doubt imo the best interview Helwani has ever done.

This was mentioned in the interview, Bas got Cro Cop to play a joke on Mauro

Heard this afternoon from a VERY reliable source that UFC will return to Dublin on Sat September 20th.

O2 is booked, as is The Clarion (IFSC) where they stayed last time, the whole hotel is booked out from the Wed through to the Sunday, the only weekend this year it's fully booked.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    She probably could, considering she was on gear for some of the time at 145.
    Sadly, the announcement is just as likely to be Gina Carano :(

Another name rumored is Holly Holm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Another name rumored is Holly Holm

I've heard this and if Holly Holm is the "huge" announcement, I think it's fair that Joe Rogan should be shot for being a professional shill!

Also, they can try sell a Carano fight all they want, but a fight with Rousey ends very badly for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

O2 is booked, as is The Clarion (IFSC) where they stayed last time, the whole hotel is booked out from the Wed through to the Sunday, the only weekend this year it's fully booked.

Shít.
    I was planning on taking your advice and staying in the fighters hotel when the event was on.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Shít.
    I was planning on taking your advice and staying in the fighters hotel when the event was on.

Just go in on the Thursday afternoon for a pint in the bar, it will be pretty quiet then as only the fighters/ufc people will be there, come Fri/Sat it will be chaos as every fcuker and his ma will be trying to get in.

Really is great though if ya can stay in same hotel, we were drinking in the Hilton Bar in Newcastle and Belfast after the fights and it was a who's who of mma

Oh, and for those going to London this weekend, you may want to pop into the Hilton London Tower Bridge, just for a pint ;)

I remember UFC 93 can't remember name of hotel.Mark Coleman was staying there anyway he was don't mingling at the bar very friendly taking photos chatting until some fella said to Mark."Good luck for fight anyway" Mark got aggressive shouting "why did you say anyway", "why did you say anyway"!! Fella with Mark calmed him down and they went upstairs came back down (I was standing by lift like a stalker :o ) out of lift he come giving out about his cap went up stairs 2 more times before deciding on the cap.Very intense fella

I got a pic with Edith so I was happy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Noooooooooo.

I'm flying to Canada on the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

That's all Ireland football final weekend.

I wonder if that's a coincidence?

I remember UFC 93 can't remember name of hotel.Mark Coleman was staying there anyway he was don't mingling at the bar very friendly taking photos chatting until some fella said to Mark."Good luck for fight anyway" Mark got aggressive shouting "why did you say anyway", "why did you say anyway"!! Fella with Mark calmed him down and they went upstairs came back down (I was standing by lift like a stalker :o ) out of lift he come giving out about his cap went up stairs 2 more times before deciding on the cap.Very intense fella

I got a pic with Edith so I was happy

Forrest was similar before UFC 72, before the fights in the hotel he was so angry looking, like he'd bite your head off for even talking to him, was really intense, after the fight eh was a different guy totally.

• Advertisement

Forrest was similar before UFC 72, before the fights in the hotel he was so angry looking, like he'd bite your head off for even talking to him, was really intense, after the fight eh was a different guy totally.

I suppose they must be under fierce stress, last thing they want to be is being hassled by fans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement