Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Noooooooooo.

I'm flying to Canada on the 20th.

It's not 100% confirmed but apparently the arena is provisionally booked, as is the hotel, sure these things are subject to change but that's the date that's on their calender at the moment.

I'm thinking a good comeback by Conor in July, on the Dublin card in Sept and if all goes well a Top 5 opponent in December, maybe even a title shot if anyone gets injured and he's ready

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

loremolis wrote: »
    That's all Ireland football final weekend.

I wonder if that's a coincidence?
    I'd say it is, the O2 is likely booked for the other weekends.
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Forrest was similar before UFC 72, before the fights in the hotel he was so angry looking, like he'd bite your head off for even talking to him, was really intense, after the fight eh was a different guy totally.

He was probably just starving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

p to the e wrote: »

Always liked Danzig, seemed a nice genuine guy, although sometimes a bit away with the fairies.

Right decision though, what was his record, 5-8?? Most other fighters would be dropped like a stone unless you were a big name

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Noooooooooo.

I'm flying to Canada on the 20th.

Your always going somewhere!

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    She probably could, considering she was on gear for some of the time at 145.
    Sadly, the announcement is just as likely to be Gina Carano :(

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/3/5/5476152/dana-white-ronda-rousey-next-fight-announcement-gina-carano-rumor-ufc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

UK / Irish version of TUF in next 18 months.

Scudzilla you over here?

SDTimeout wrote: »
    UK / Irish version of TUF in next 18 months.

Scudzilla you over here?

Yeah, been here 8yrs now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

dave1982 wrote: »
    I remember UFC 93 can't remember name of hotel.Mark Coleman was staying there anyway he was don't mingling at the bar very friendly taking photos chatting until some fella said to Mark."Good luck for fight anyway" Mark got aggressive shouting "why did you say anyway", "why did you say anyway"!! Fella with Mark calmed him down and they went upstairs came back down (I was standing by lift like a stalker :o ) out of lift he come giving out about his cap went up stairs 2 more times before deciding on the cap.Very intense fella

I got a pic with Edith so I was happy
    Were they testing for 'assistance' back at that point? From what you could see of Coleman from his Pride days he was, eh very intense indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

Conor Mcgregor V Cole Miller 19th July Dublin ?

Thoughts ???

• Advertisement

Were they testing for 'assistance' back at that point? From what you could see of Coleman from his Pride days he was, eh very intense indeed

They've been testing since the early days. There were people caught in the UFC 30s & 40s.
    Roid rage, if that's what you are getting at, is largely a myth. It's most likely just him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Mellor wrote: »
    They've been testing since the early days. There were people caught in the UFC 30s & 40s.
    Roid rage, if that's what you are getting at, is largely a myth. It's most likely just him.
    I'll take your word for it, its just one of my lasting memories of Coleman though will always be his fight with Shogun and how intense he was then and afterwards, it would be easier to have such a straightforward explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Grant fight is off, anyone know the new start time for the prelims? Any point going to the arena any earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'll take your word for it, its just one of my lasting memories of Coleman though will always be his fight with Shogun and how intense he was then and afterwards, it would be easier to have such a straightforward explanation.

If you on about Dublin I met before the fight, most intense person I have ever met in my life.I've met most of the fighters when they were in Dublin and Belfast.I have met WWE guys years ago Coleman stands out above the rest just cause of how intense he is in person.

Seen Dana said Gina has 4 fights left on her strikeforce contract

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Gina struggled to make 145 though didn't she?

Not a hope she'll come back from a big layoff and fight at 135.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ligerleo

I think if she is to return she would fight at a 140 catchweight with Rousey. It also might be an tempting offer to her because if it would enhance her acting career as it would draw more publicity to her.

Cyborg is trying to make 135lbs to be in with chance of getting the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

A Holly Holm bout could have potential very experienced fighter although only 6 mma fights 6 victories(5 finishes) so far but has clocked over 35 fights in pro boxing. She fights again on April 5th so another win I think an approach from the UFC should be certain.

Although just after watching the video on Dave1982's post perhaps UFC taking over Invicta and a Cyborg fight a strong possibility??

• Advertisement

I think if she is to return she would fight at a 140 catchweight with Rousey. It also might be an tempting offer to her because if it would enhance her acting career as it would draw more publicity to her.

No way Rousey is going to go up in weight to fight Carano after making such a big deal about forcing Cyborg down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Carano was overrated when she fought. Cyborg destroyed her. Rousey will do the same easily and actually there is a few in the division like Mc Mann, Kaufman, Tate, Zigano in the UFC who I would pick over Carano. Holm would beat her aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

I think the Carano fight would be a good money maker, but it is a mismatch to say the least. The ONLY legitimate contender for Rousey is Cyborg. If that fight never happens, or she beats her easily, she might as well quit the sport and head off to Hollywood, because she probably won't get any serious challengers for the rest of her career.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

He wont be back. He just doesnt want to give the impression he is going to jump at the chance of retiring because of the injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

califano wrote: »
    He wont be back. He just doesnt want to give the impression he is going to jump at the chance of retiring because of the injury.

I'll wager he will be back.

Even if he never threw that kick again he has enough in his arsenal to beat most if not all.

Plus, the payday for his return would be big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Confirmed that Dennis Silver has failed his drug test after his fight. Shame as he was heading in yhe right way for a title shot.
    Tis on bjpenn.com.

Debating joining the fight club, Is it worth it? Is their much difference between Ultimate and Elite memberships? (only one I can see is 2 PPV events included). Obvs with the Dublin event coming up maybe this could be a way of securing tickets I know it doesn't guarantee them just improves chances with pre-sale. What ye think?

Debating joining the fight club, Is it worth it? Is their much difference between Ultimate and Elite memberships? (only one I can see is 2 PPV events included). Obvs with the Dublin event coming up maybe this could be a way of securing tickets I know it doesn't guarantee them just improves chances with pre-sale. What ye think?

The higher price one makes no difference over here, the PPV access is no good to us.

I'll be renewing because of the presale in Dublin. It's going to be a really fast seller, and I'll need a few tickets as I have friends going.

Otherwise I wouldn't bother. Fast sellouts are pretty rare, and most events I have been to I've gone solo, always easy to get late deals on eBay.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info DrPhilG!!

Lawler V Diaz II for Dublin please!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement