Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

If condit wins, give him a title shot. Should Penn win, I don't think they should give HIM the shot! he was outclassed last time out (I hate saying that about BJ but its true).

I can't see a third fight going a different way!

Definitely would rather see Penn v Condit rather then Penn v Fitch II, purely from an entertainment point of view and not who deserves no 1 contender spot.

Also would not want to see GSP v Penn again, as MrStuffins said, cant see it ending differently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Nobody anywhere in the world deserves a title shot more than Jon Fitch. They're just going to keep putting him in non-title fights until he eventually gets beaten and they have an excuse to ignore him. It's a load of balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Apparently Phil Davis is injured and out of 133. Most top 205er's tied up at the minute. Except Machida, Bader and Ortiz. I'd fancy Rashad against all of those guys now. I hope this doesn't effect his title shot because IMO it doesn't matter who he beats he deserves a title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Xlami wrote: »
    Apparently Phil Davis is injured and out of 133. Most top 205er's tied up at the minute. Except Machida, Bader and Ortiz. I'd fancy Rashad against all of those guys now. I hope this doesn't effect his title shot because IMO it doesn't matter who he beats he deserves a title shot.

yep, that's hitting all the major sites now.

IMO this is made for Tito and he'd jump at the chance, if he beats Rashad he'll be straight into the mix for a title shot, and if he loses then he'll just say "What do ya expect, i took this on short notice@

Tito can't lose in this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Another snub to Jon Fitch. yes he hasnt got an exciting style, but he deserves another shot in my opinion!
    seadnamac wrote: »
    Nobody anywhere in the world deserves a title shot more than Jon Fitch. They're just going to keep putting him in non-title fights until he eventually gets beaten and they have an excuse to ignore him. It's a load of balls.

Fitch is injuried, he wasn't snubbed.

Guys, Fitch was 100% getting a shot if he beat BJ at 127, or in their replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Mellor wrote: »
    Fitch was 100% getting a shot if he beat BJ at 127, or in their replay.

Can we say the same about BJ or Condit now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Machida vs Evans 2?

I loved that first fight.

EDIT: Ortiz has declined fight, looks like it's on with Lyoto. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Lyoto makes most sense now I think, however imagine the smack talk if tito and evans fought, it would be some war assuming tito can reproduce the form of last fight and has the gas to go into a big war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

scudzilla wrote: »
    yep, that's hitting all the major sites now.

IMO this is made for Tito and he'd jump at the chance, if he beats Rashad he'll be straight into the mix for a title shot, and if he loses then he'll just say "What do ya expect, i took this on short notice@

Tito can't lose in this one

Ortiz declined which Im surprized at. As you say if he wins hes straight into contention which I think he'll find it very difficult to get to that point any other way. He could have always used that as an excuse but maybe he thinks next defeat & he's out the door.

Could this fight(whoever takes it) be turned into a 5 round headline fight?

I know DW said only newly announced fights would be 5 rounds but technically this will be a newly announced fight....just wondering. Evans could hardly complain that he only trained for 3 rounds as his opponent will only have had few weeks training anyway

• Advertisement

I don't see it being a 5 rounder. The 5 round announcement was made after the Davis-Evans fight was made so I think DW said he was going to leave it. I'd like to see Machida-Evans II but I think Rashad will have learnt his lesson and not be so brave in the stand up. The only other two guys in the top 15 Bader and Hamaill are coming off losses. While both are wrestlers and would give rashad a good fight I don't see the UFC wanting to make that fight. Maybe they might bring someone from SF across. But it's not there strongest division. Mo and Roger Gracie are set to fight, Moussasi is fighting in DREAM and Feijao is also coming off a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

im glad machida is stepping in, wasnt looking forward to the evans davis fight, the rest of the card is very strong, so its excellent now

i think evans is goin to go GSP on machida and take him down over and over

About the earlier comment of Evans deserving a title shot, i dont agree, he barely made it past silva, if silva had some gas and didnt act the bolox he could have finished evans, same with rampage, he was almost TKOd. But he would be a better match for jones than rampage

Yeah there are reports all over the place now that Machida has stepped in.

Rashad is NOT going to be happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

Devastator wrote: »
    Ortiz declined which Im surprized at.

I am not surprised by this at all. Evans would beat Ortiz easily and it wouldn't be the right fight for Ortiz to take. I wonder what Evans thinks about Machida stepping in though. He took a beating the last time.

I am not surprised by this at all. Evans would beat Ortiz easily and it wouldn't be the right fight for Ortiz to take. I wonder what Evans thinks about Machida stepping in though. He took a beating the last time.

Although I agree Rashad would beat Ortiz, they HAVE fought before. And Ortiz got the better of it in my opinion (fight was called a draw after Ortiz had a point deducted).

I would've been slightly interested in this fight, but Ortiz wants to be able to milk the fact he won a fight for as long as he can i'd say!

Machida is a better fight. Especially since I can#t stand Rashad's style and i'll enjoy seeing him getting KO'd!

I agree , its another UFC i am sure will deliver. I wonder what next for Tito.

I wonder what next for Tito.

Winner of Griffin vs Rua I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

a fight with rampage would be good

trash talk would be class, they could slag each other for havin big heads

I wonder what next for Tito.

My guess is the Rich Franklin, Lil Nog winner which I reckon is a very good fight for him as he has better wrestling then both of those guys.

When Rashad last fought Machida he had just won knockout of the year against Chuck Liddel and then beaten Forrest on the beat leading to a knock out. He had an over confidence in his striking and abandoned his wrestling. I think he'll fight more cautiously this time round and try to take Machida down. Interesting to see Machida off his back for a large part of a fight.

My guess is the Rich Franklin, Lil Nog winner which I reckon is a very good fight for him as he has better wrestling then both of those guys.

When Rashad last fought Machida he had just won knockout of the year against Chuck Liddel and then beaten Forrest on the beat leading to a knock out. He had an over confidence in his striking and abandoned his wrestling. I think he'll fight more cautiously this time round and try to take Machida down. Interesting to see Machida off his back for a large part of a fight.

I think it will be little Nog too . I really cant see Tito be champion again though. I would like to see him get another couple of wins as he has been around a long time. I am sentimental like that :)

With regards to Rashad , he was confident he had Machida pegged the last time. Now he has to do it all again in under a month. Machida is looking good again but we will wait to see. Its a great fight, i am really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

Tito vs Mitrione at a catchweight would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Tito v Chael, didn't he say he might take a 205'er out on the way back to 180.

JoeyJJ wrote: »

Yeah but he meant Machida

I agree that I think Evans would win, but I'm surprized as I reckon this would be only way Tito could possibly get close to another title fight. I don't see him winning another 3 or 4 fights on the spin to be considered. So if he took on Evans & won it would jump him right back into the mix.
    JoeyJJ wrote: »

Chael's already been matched with Brain Stann for his comeback fight.

Tito Vs Chuck! Lets see the ultimate fighter coaches fight that we all wanted

Titi Vs Chuck! Lets see the ultimate fighter coaches fight that we all wanted

I am pretty sure had a stern chat with Tito about not calling Chuck out. I would still love to see it.

Tito Vs Chuck! Lets see the ultimate fighter coaches fight that we all wanted

PLEASE no!!!! This can never never end well!

Scenario 1: Chuck comes out of retirement to beat Tito and Tito wins. Disaster!

Scenario 2: Chuck comes out of retirement and wins. he continues to fight and gets embarrassed again.

Chuck is finished. i really hope he stays that way
    Also, is it just me who notices that Chuck has begun to start slurring like he's a bit punch drunk? Sometimes he struggles to get a sentence out

I'd love to see just 1 last fight from Chuck....and beating Tito would make it sweet as anything.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/07/13/reports-lyoto-machida-rejects-ufc-133-bout-with-rashad-evans/

Reports from Machida's missus that he's turned down the Evans fight aswell as its too short notice :confused: what/who now?

Reports from Machida's missus that he's turned down the Evans fight aswell as its too short notice :confused: what/who now?

Quick call Chris Leban !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Shame about this situation. Franklin/Nogeira is probably going to be bumped up to the main event now which is really just rubbish as the main event of a PPV.

I hope they do find an interesting opponent for Evans. I can only think of Bader as he might be willing to have an all-or-nothing fight to solidy himself in the division again. I doubt it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

IMO Zuffa have brought this on themselves, way too many events.

3 years ago i used to really look forward to an event, now i've not got a clue really who's on what card and when, they seem to be coming every 2/3 weeks.

How the hell can they keep putting on quality cards with that sort of frequency

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement