Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Seriously - are you feeling ok? You're making a strawman argument now.

Cannabis was on the list I posted of PROHIBITED SUBSTANCES. I never posted a list of PEDs.

That's like saying: "you posted a list with A on it - so why can't you now admit that B is true?"
    Eh, because my list never mentioned B.

Leave the logical discussion to the adults, John. You seem out of your depth here and can't even keep track of the title of the list I posted. Here it is again - try to read the title of it:
    http://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/wada-2015-prohibited-list-en.pdf

PROHIBITED LIST

I'll say it again - PROHIBITED LIST. And cannabis appears on this list. And I repeat - it is not a list of PEDs. It's a ....PROHIBITED LIST! Which makes cannabis "PROHIBITED" - not a PED.

Mate you seriously dont have a bubble how these substances are even classified. how did Cannabis become prohibited in the first place? Because it is performance enhancing. Cannabis has been and still is on the list of PED's since WADA came into exisitence.

You do realise that it is possible for a substance to be classified as a PED and Prohibited at the same time dont you?

ie: Nandrolone, Testosterone. Both of these appear on the list you posted but are also PED's. Just as Cannabis is.

http://sportsanddrugs.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=002037

If you took the time to read the table on the link above you would clearly see cannabis listed with all the other PED's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Lukker- wrote: »
    You were saying he tested positive in all 3 so he has no excuse really, I was saying there is a limit for a reason. If he was smoking out of competition he could still test positive in the run up to a fight having not smoked 30 days prior.

WADA don't punish cannabis use out of competition so a fighter wouldn't be breaking any rules using it then.

I think the way NSAC approach it is fundamentally wrong, even Dana White thinks it is wrong. They essentially are willing to overlook it and other recreational drugs out of competition, but treat it the same as a PED if you get caught in the run up to a fight. Doesn't exactly make sense. Dana was worried with out of competition testing that 80% of fighters would test positive for cannabis.

It’s not really fundamentally wrong, it’s how drug testing works. Every banned substance takes a different length of time to leave the body, you don’t have to even things to get some sense of fairness to the cheats who choose a substance that stays around longer.

Plenty of jobs in the States drug test so you know what you’re risking when you take substances that shouldn’t be in your system. I can’t imagine trying to use that argument for a failed test in any other line of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

John_D80 wrote: »
    You do realise that it is possible for a substance to be classified as a PED and Prohibited at the same time dont you?

:rolleyes: Come back when you learn how to read posts. Why are you questioning something that I've clearly understood from the get-go?

Winstrol, Deca, Testosterone: Prohibited + PEDs.
    Cocaine, Cannabis: Prohibited + Recreational.

I already said this. See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97020644&postcount=8385

Try to keep up, FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

:rolleyes: Come back when you learn how to read posts. Why are you questioning something that I've clearly understood from the get-go?

I already said this. See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97020644&postcount=8385

Try to keep up, FFS.

Canabis is considered a PED by WADA and USADA because it fits all three criteria of a PED.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2012-08/fyi-why-cannabis-olympic-banned-substances-list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Technically he could. However other athletic commissions tend to uphold the ruling of others as good practice.

In places where there is not an appropriate athletic commission the UFC acts as it using the NSAC standard as far as I know.

His best bet now would be for the UFC to release him and him fighting in organisation like One FC.

Perhaps against Paul Daly in BAMMA? He will struggle to get a decent paycheck outside of the US and UFC (compared to what we was on).

Daley is in Bellator not bamma. At the end of the day he won't serve the 5 year ban anywyas so there's no need for him to go outside the rulings of the NSAC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Try to keep up, FFS.

Sorry to burst your bubble yet again mate but WADA and USADA also classify cocaine as a PED.

I think possibly where the confusion lies for you is that maybe you cant get your head around the fact that some PED's are allowed out of completion, but are most definitely not allowed in-competition. Cocaine and Cannabis both fall into this category.

Just because they are used as recreational drugs doesn't mean they are not also performance enhancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Panic E

The dork court! Those dorks only did all that to him because they are afraid to fight him :pac:

Thats according to Nick anyway. I'm not a fan but I did LOL @ that and the ruling is harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Can't see the UFC releasing him. He's a draw for other organisations. Suits them better if he retires and they still hold his contract.

Heartless maybe, but it's the smart business move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

According to ufc.com there aren't any general on-sale tickets for Belfort/Henderson in Sao Paulo on November 7th.

Any suggestions on what to do or is joining fight pass/club or whatever it's called the only option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

tinpib wrote: »
    According to ufc.com there aren't any general on-sale tickets for Belfort/Henderson in Sao Paulo on November 7th.

Any suggestions on what to do or is joining fight pass/club or whatever it's called the only option?

As far as I can tell, they haven't gone on sale yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Mellor wrote: »

Gotya. Thanks. I see it's the same for plenty of other events later in the year, I picked it up ar$eways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I am not sure tickets for events later in the year are already out. And it says offer expired on the pre - sales so it may already be sold out

http://www.ufc.com/event-ticket-info

I am not sure tickets for events later in the year are already out. And it says offer expired on the pre - sales so it may already be sold out

http://www.ufc.com/event-ticket-info
    On fight club it says fight club presale:TBC

This is the website selling tickets I think
    http://www.livepass.com.br/event/ufc-fight-night-no-combate-belfort-x-henderson-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Chael Sonnen saying UFC want Fedor v Silva at UFC 200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Chael Sonnen saying UFC want Fedor v Silva at UFC 200

Anderson or Bigfoot? I've heard rumours about both (no way is Fedor fighting Anderson though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anderson or Bigfoot? I've heard rumours about both (no way is Fedor fighting Anderson though).

Erick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

martyos121 wrote: »

Anderson at 205, good fight from a money point of view

Fedor's last weigh in was at 235.
    Anderson's last weigh in was at 185.

Fedor would kill Anderson Silva.

If Fedor enters the UFC it would be at heavyweight, not middle.

Fedor's last weigh in was at 235.
    Anderson's last weigh in was at 185.

Fedor was actually 235
    Anderson wasnt 185

For a most of his a career Fedor was a LHW tearing up the HW division

Fedor was actually 235
    Anderson wasnt 185

For a most of his a career Fedor was a LHW tearing up the HW division

Anderson was what then, 186?

• Advertisement

Anderson was what then, 186?
    ????
    Not sure if you are joking or not. You've watch enough MMA to understand how a weight cut works.

????
    Not sure if you are joking or not. You've watch enough MMA to understand how a weight cut works.

He said Andersons last weigh in was at 185, you said he wasn't 185 but his last weigh in was against Nick Diaz which was at 185??

He said Andersons last weigh in was at 185, you said he wasn't 185 but his last weigh in was against Nick Diaz which was at 185??
    I never said Sub.Marcos said something that's wasn't true. I'm not denying that he fought at middleweight.
    I said that he wasn't actually 185, as he cut weight to make the limit.

The difference is way smaller than the 50lbs suggested by 185 & 235.

Silva probably weighed 205 in the octagon for his 185 title fights.
    Fedor was fat at 235 (verses Rizzo), verses Hendo he was leaner and 223, he'd prob be about there for a LHW fight. That's a 18lb difference, less what ever weight Silva puts on in the next 9 months - could be a 10lb difference or less if Silva wanted*.

*although putting on extra muscle at this stage could be a bad idea given his problems this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Sure he fought Griffin at 205?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

@Mellor, He's talking about his weight on the scales. Not his walking around weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Fedor looks bulky in recent pictures, not a hope that he starts cutting weight to 205 at 38.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

@Mellor, He's talking about his weight on the scales. Not his walking around weight.

Mellor knows what he's talking about. It's disingenuous to compare what Silva and Fedor weighed in at...the weight they were when they actually stepped in the ring is a fairer comparison.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I never said otherwise. I'm fully aware that Silva doesn't weigh 185

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

I gurantee 100% Sonnen is talking **** to get his podcast numbers up. Absolutely certain.

.....hell of a proposition if it ever did happen though!

• Advertisement

I'm fully aware that Silva doesn't weigh 185

Which was all I originally pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

Dana and Ronda on a big promotion blitz in Melbourne at the minute. Can't help but think it's all for a fight that won't go past 1 minute....

Officer999 wrote: »
    Dana and Ronda on a big promotion blitz in Melbourne at the minute. Can't help but think it's all for a fight that won't go past 1 minute....

It's more about the 70k bums on seats, the length of the fight is irrelevant.
    They left melb a few days ago, in sydney now. My coach had a 1on1 interview with Ronda yesterday. The baldy fella was there too. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'd like to think Holm would make it out of the first min, even the first round.

She's probably the biggest opponent Rousey has fought, and one of the few (only maybe) that are bigger than her.

According to Wikipedia anyway Rousey is 5'7" with a 66" reach and Holm is 5'8" with a 69" reach.

I'd like to think that Holm will have the know how to keep Rousey away from her for a bit because of her kick boxing and boxing background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Holly wont stand a chance.

Boxing of kickboxing will not teach you how to deal with someone charging you into a clinch. Its virtually impossible, even the most elusive boxers and kickboxers out there get tied up all the time. The difference is they get separated.

She wont be able to avoid the clinch its more a factor of if she can break it and push away. I don't think her grappling IQ is at that level for someone like Ronda.

Her only hope is to land a perfect shot on Ronda on the way in (I don't think she will have the KO power to do this), but her first reaction will more than likely be to try and back peddle or move off the the side.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I'd like to think that Holm will have the know how to keep Rousey away from her for a bit because of her kick boxing and boxing background.

Keeping distance in striking is very different to grappling. When she try's to keep her on the outside Ronda will change leveks and take her down with a single, or pop up into the clinch when Holly defends

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in the Bellator Dynamite card on tonight?

It's a hybrid MMA/Kickboxing event with a ring and a cage. Apparently at points there will be two fights happening at the same time, which I have no idea how that will work. It's Glory kickboxing so the standard should be good. Sounds like a crazy Japanese New year card they would have had a few years ago. Fedor's around so I'd expect him to be in the audience.

Tito is fighting for the strap, Paul Daley is there and I think Josh Thompson too.

Spike tv aren't showing it over here, the fúcking idiots, so probably stream.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellator_MMA_%26_Glory:_Dynamite_1
    ^there's the card if anyone is interested

weemcd wrote: »

It's a hybrid MMA/Kickboxing event with a ring and a cage. Apparently at points there will be two fights happening at the same time, which I have no idea how that will work. It's Glory kickboxing so the standard should be good. Sounds like a crazy Japanese New year card they would have had a few years ago. Fedor's around so I'd expect him to be in the audience.

Tito is fighting for the strap, Paul Daley is there and I think Josh Thompson too.

Going to miss it but really wish I wasn't. Gonna be a fantastic night. First time i've seen a Bellator card with real names on it. Liam McGeary is a fantastic fighter, really hope to see him in the UFC some day but he just signed a multi-fight contract.

Read a rumour that Schaub is close to signing a multi fight deal with Bellator, gets to keep his image and merchandising rights as well as being able to wear his own sponsored gear and stuff.

Would be a good addition to their roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

weemcd wrote: »

hoping to get this somewhere tomorrow morning but probably unlikely
    really hope the likes of josh can go on a tear there yet am glad the likes of phil davis, even pat healy are now with bellator

Read a rumour that Schaub is close to signing a multi fight deal with Bellator, gets to keep his image and merchandising rights as well as being able to wear his own sponsored gear and stuff.

Would be a good addition to their roster.

I was watching Joe Rogan podcast and Schaub was on and they almost let it slip he was retired/retiring. He's making big money from his podcast with Bryan Callen, Rogan also tore him to shreds after his loss to Travis Browne.

Let's face it, he'd be doing well to go W-L-W-L....etc for the rest of his career. Not good enough to beat the top guys and will probably be inconsistent with the guys ranked 5-15

• Advertisement

http://bellator.spike.com/live

^ use Hola unblocker or something similar and you can watch the prelims live for free. 2 guys tearing it up in a kickboxing rules fight here.

Also Quadros and Ranallo commentating, with crazy Pride style intros. Been good so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Coker making an announcement tonight 'that will change the landscape of mma'. I'm guessing partnering with pride and announcing signing fedor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Coker making an announcement tonight 'that will change the landscape of mma'. I'm guessing partnering with pride and announcing signing fedor.

Doubtful, Zuffa owns Pride

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

scudzilla wrote: »
    Doubtful, Zuffa owns Pride

Well not pride but the old owner of it sakikabara is hanging around ballator tonight so probably something with him.

King Mo managed to both dominate and look like a complete bum there. He could have finished that in one minute, instead he let his opponent off and swung from the waist. A poor man's Rampage. He's not winning the tournament

So Fedor is back, fighting on NYE in Tokyo, wonder who his opponent will be....Kimbo Slice probably :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So he not fighting with ufc, he's not even going to Belator. He's fighting on a new japanese promotion by the dodgy former head of Pride. Sounds legit...

So he not fighting with ufc, he's not even going to Belator. He's fighting on a new japanese promotion by the dodgy former head of Pride. Sounds legit...

Almost as dodgy as how easily
    Tito just got submitted
    <- Bellator spoiler

scudzilla wrote: »
    Almost as dodgy as how easily
    Tito just got submitted
    <- Bellator spoiler

Lol
    Off to find a gif/replay of that :)

So it's the former pride president and Bellator co-promoting a massive event in Japan?
    That's a balls, but it should be a fecking huge event all the same.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement