Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ASOT wrote: »
    12 I think, and 2am main card.

An hour later mate. 1am and 3am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

That will be tomorrow's viewing so, no way I'm pulling an allnighter for this card.

Jeez why not? There's like 11 Asian fighters on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »
    An hour later mate. 1am and 3am.

Is it not on at 1am BST? Taught that was 12 our time my bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

JJayoo wrote: »
    Paddy Power : Will the fight go the distance? no = 2/7

Pile all the monies on

Hope you didn't lose too much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Hope you didn't lose too much :)

Didn't actually bet on it but very impressed that they both lasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Didn't actually bet on it but very impressed that they both lasted.

Josh Barnett: "Roy Nelson 'a d-ck' for making me go five rounds"

There is a video on youtube somewhere of a lean Roy Nelson beating Frank Mir in a grappling match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

There is a video on youtube somewhere of a lean Roy Nelson beating Frank Mir in a grappling match.

Roy Nelson is a well known Jiu Jitsu guy, he used to compete at Pan-Am's and **** like that, long before he started MMA he was known as a guy who had crazy jiu Jitsu game, he's always been tubby though.

Roy Nelson is a well known Jiu Jitsu guy, he used to compete at Pan-Am's and **** like that, long before he started MMA he was known as a guy who had crazy jiu Jitsu game, he's always been tubby though.

Ya I have seen some of his grappling stuff before, tried finding the Mir fight but the video seems to have been made private. Nelson is a strange one, did he feel as though he only wanted to fight as a heavyweight and so packed on the weight so he wouldn't be undersized? Because by putting on so much weight you pretty much disable a huge part of your ground game.

Ya I have seen some of his grappling stuff before, tried finding the Mir fight but the video seems to have been made private. Nelson is a strange one, did he feel as though he only wanted to fight as a heavyweight and so packed on the weight so he wouldn't be undersized? Because by putting on so much weight you pretty much disable a huge part of your ground game.

In saying that his crucifix is the most frightening thing in all of MMA

• Advertisement

Sterling finally gets matched up and is fighting Johnny Eduardo at fight night December 10th, absolutely delighted for the lad he's been getting dodged more than Khabib was before his injuries. He was even thinking about going back to college to get his masters. Should be an easy win then hopefully he smashes caraway.

In saying that his crucifix is the most frightening thing in all of MMA

34ypbmh.jpg

I think he's just naturally well over 205 and decided rather than cut he'd just get fat so he'd be hard to push around.

During the Rogan fight companion Eddie Bravo was all "maybe he should cut to 205" and the other just laughed at him saying it would take a year to get down there and even then he'd lose his power.

It is a weird one though, like he has normal person legs and arms and this ridiculous belly hanging over his shorts.

Sterling finally gets matched up and is fighting Johnny Eduardo at fight night December 10th, absolutely delighted for the lad he's been getting dodged more than Khabib was before his injuries. He was even thinking about going back to college to get his masters. Should be an easy win then hopefully he smashes caraway.

Can you actually "dodge" someone in the UFC though? I thought all fights were mandatory?

Can you actually "dodge" someone in the UFC though? I thought all fights were mandatory?

Nope it's fairly easy to dodge someone you turn down the fight. Caraway turned down a fight with him and also turned down a fight with Faber apparently. Jones turned down Chael on short notice at 151, Diaz turned down Khabib, Overeem turned down JDS (which is happening now), they don't have to accept the fights but obviously it would be in there best interest.

Ya I have seen some of his grappling stuff before, tried finding the Mir fight but the video seems to have been made private.

Here it us; grapplers quest 2003
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/_B5utoKvm5k

And here's him facing Diego Sanchez in the final of the same comp
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ueMzdKw2Bys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-Announces-April-2016-Event-at-Madison-Square-Garden-Despite-New-York-MMA-Ban-93151

UFC finally trying to break into New York and Madison Square Garden no less....

Interesting to see how it pans out. Atmosphere of a MSG show could be fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No harm in announcing it anyways, it shows they aren't giving up on it. It will go through eventually, but not in time for April. End of year PPV in 2016 is far more realistic, could see a huge card for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I see Redser is training over in Tristar.

https://twitter.com/RedserMma/status/648176203677990912

Just a temp thing?

• Advertisement

How the fook did I miss Rory McDonald being added to the Dublin card?!

Edit: never mind, he'll be "supporting" the TriStar lads fighting on the night.

Maybe I'll bump into him at some stage so.

How the fook did I miss Rory McDonald being added to the Dublin card?!

Ah ye bastard, got my hopes up for a huge fight added for about 5 seconds

Mellor wrote: »

Reading twitter while tired, bad times man, bad times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Mellor wrote: »

Not sure Rorys next fight will be huge. I can see him being given a confidence booster against someone down the ranks a bit to get the W.

True, I mean huge on the UFC Dublin scale, rather than the WW top 10 scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ACANDROID

califano wrote: »
    Not sure Rorys next fight will be huge. I can see him being given a confidence booster against someone down the ranks a bit to get the W.

I was hoping they would give him the winner of Hendricks / Woodley as the Co. Main for 195. Massive ask but would be fun.

• Advertisement

I think the last thing Rory needs or wants in his next fight is someone from outside the top 10. Losing to Robbie Lawlor is no shame, the man is an animal right now.

Rory will want to start beating the other guys around him in the top 5 again so he can try get another crack at Robbie, I reckon the rematch could happen within a year to 18 months.

Rorys next fight will be Lombard.

Rorys next fight will be Lombard.

Any source on that or is it an assumption?

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    That will be a cracker.

Hopefully it goes ahead it'll be a good one alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Mark Hunt is looking for very lean going by his instagram account, training at AKA Thailand, he seems to have been in Thailand a lot recently. I'd fancy a punt on him knocking out Bigfoot when they matchup again.

weemcd wrote: »
    Mark Hunt is looking for very lean going by his instagram account, training at AKA Thailand, he seems to have been in Thailand a lot recently. I'd fancy a punt on him knocking out Bigfoot when they matchup again.

He's been in Thailand a few times, looks to be in the best shape of recent years. Bigfoot is on a decline without TRT (probably the only guy who genuinely needs it). I'll be all over Hunt in that one,

Thank you Jesus, walk off KO in front of 70k crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Wonder is Hunts book any good. He was some boy refusing the payout to walk away from UFC after Pride when they clearly didn't want him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Rotten hoores.

I'm in new York on holidays next April and will be home again about a week before that potential MSG event.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Rotten hoores.

I'm in new York on holidays next April and will be home again about a week before that potential MSG event.

Don't worry, it won't happen anyway if that makes you feel better. Same old story as last year, they will push for it and will fail.

He'll win but I'm not comfortable watching him fight to be honest. He should have walked away after Miocic. The bloke is going to be a vegetable by the time he's 50.

Probation for Jon Jones:

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/9/29/9414481/ex-ufc-champ-jon-jones-pleads-guilty-sentenced-supervised-probation-for-april-hit-and-run-mma
    Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Jon Jones -- currently suspended by his employer -- appeared in Second Judicial District Court earlier today (Tues., Sept. 29, 2015) in Albuquerque, New Mexico, to answer for last April's felony hit-and-run.

"Bones" avoided a grand jury by cutting a deal with prosecutors.

As a result, Jones plead guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, a fourth-degree felony -- conditionally discharged -- and subsequently sentenced to supervised probation (up to 18 months) by judge Charles Brown, who told the defendant "he got real lucky."

Travel has been authorized for work-related purposes and assuming Jones can meet all of his conditions, which include 72 separate appearances for for charity or youth outreach, he will avoid a felony charge on his record.

The former pound-for-pound great, who was already on shaky legs in terms of his public image, smacked up his rental car when it plowed into a pregnant woman, sending her to the hospital. Jones later turned himself in and was booked at The Bernalillo County Metropolitan Detention Center.

The good news is, no one was seriously hurt and a bad situation could have been much, much worse.

While the Jones drama was unfolding, UFC put the ex-champ's title up for grabs at UFC 187. Daniel Cormier was able to capture the crown after slugging it out with Anthony Johnson, and now moves on to defend "his" strap at the UFC 192 pay-per-view (PPV) event this weekend in Houston, Texas.

I think "you got real lucky" is slang for "you're a celebrity" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I told yall

Money money money moooney.....MONEY!

Now, as much as i dislike the guy, i want to know when the UFC will have him back and take his belt back off DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

"his"

Snap.

• Advertisement

Not in the least bit surprised he got off so lightly.

Now that it seems to be done with and he should be back soon, I'll be the first to say I cannot fcuking wait to see him back!

He knows how to sell a fight, unlike so, so many these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

UFC's official response.
    The UFC organization is aware that Jon Jones reached a plea agreement with authorities in Albuquerque, New Mexico this morning stemming from charges associated with a motor vehicle accident earlier this year. As a result, UFC, through Las Vegas-based law firm Campbell & Williams, will thoroughly review the agreement before discussing Jones’ possible reinstatement to return to competition.

Or "were foaming at the mouth to get him back and save LHW PPV numbers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just makes you incredibly angry doesn't it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Would love them to throw the book at Jones.

However him and his slick lawyers will have him pleaded down to a suspended sentence and community service etc. The whole dog and pony show will be rolled out about how he's going to rehab and trying to start a new life for himself in Albuquerque, moving away from the trouble around him in New York.

Pity, because he seems like a really nasty piece of work.

Justice system in America is a JOKE!

Jones has previously had a DUI and been caught driving on a suspended licence.

I wonder does he have to kill someone before they will actually punish him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Pffft! I don't care about Jones getting locked up I'm glad he's not because now we can see him take back his rightful place at the top of the 205 division!

My guess is they're gonna aim for Jones v Gus/DC in MSG in April (it'll never happen but that's the plan)

Those pictures of Felice Herrig from the Muscle and Fitness photoshoot. :eek:

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/athletes-celebrities/girls/felice-herrig-rocks-her-physique-outside-octagon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/athletes-celebrities/girls/felice-herrig-rocks-her-physique-outside-octagon

Butterface

EDIT: obviously still would...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

She's not attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Justice system in America is a JOKE!

Jones has previously had a DUI and been caught driving on a suspended licence.

I wonder does he have to kill someone before they will actually punish him.

I reckon even if he killed someone he'd get off, look at Caitlyn Jenner.

I'm glad in a way though, I'm sure the women got taken care of financially and I'm excited to see Jones dismantle DC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement