Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

John_D80 wrote: »
    Excellent episode. Best in a long time.

Sage Northcutt is so many cheesy American stereotypes rolled into one, but its impossible to not like him. Very sound guy I reckon

The Ludwig interview was hilarious. The man is clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Aeriel got seriously pissed off about the 3rd time he brought up the fact he thought he was blown off by The MMA Hour last week. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Paully D wrote: »
    The Ludwig interview was hilarious. The man is clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Aeriel got seriously pissed off about the 3rd time he brought up the fact he thought he was blown off by The MMA Hour last week. :pac:

Ludwig definitely doesn't do himself any favours and he is a very 'in your face' kinda guy. I think he's just a bit of an oddball to be fair.

Between Ludwig and Garbrandt, Dillashaw ended up looking pretty bad in the whole TAM thing thats going on right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Let's not forget though, the whole Bang, TJ, Faber, TAM thing.... IT'S ALL CONOR'S FAULT!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

What a prick Ludwig, he doesn't make any sense at all, reminds me on Nick Diaz. Everyone against him.

Still has an issue with women being thumped in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Let's not forget though, the whole Bang, TJ, Faber, TAM thing.... IT'S ALL CONOR'S FAULT!! :pac:

"We're not here to take part....we're here to take over......

...........Team Alpha Male!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

News just in: Dillashaw to split camps between Colorado and SBGi*

*may not be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

John_D80 wrote: »
    Ludwig definitely doesn't do himself any favours and he is a very 'in your face' kinda guy. I think he's just a bit of an oddball to be fair.

Between Ludwig and Garbrandt, Dillashaw ended up looking pretty bad in the whole TAM thing thats going on right now.

Yeah I was surprised how open Garbrandt was about things. There was alot of contradictions mentioned by all 3 of them too with each saying yeah we're cool, we should be all working together and then saying something the complete opposite of that.

Rumours going around that Miocic is injured. Sickner if true

Feel awful for anyone who bought tickets, the card suddenly looks a lot worse with just that injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Who realistically fills in? The card goes down in quality without that fight, it was the main one I was looking forward to tbh.

Who realistically fills in? The card goes down in quality without that fight, it was the main one I was looking forward to tbh.

Arlovski or Browne are the only options, but I'd say it will just scrapped altogether, hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Sage Northcutt creeps me out a little, reminds me of a Stepford Wife.

bur wrote: »
    Sage Northcutt creeps me out a little, reminds me of a Stepford Wife.

I'm calling it now be goes off the deep end and turns into a heel. Reminds me of an Amish kid doing that devils weekend thing.

Petition to liftv the Diaz ban is nearly at it's goal of 100k. Closing this Friday and you don't have to b enter a zip code to sign so free to sign globally.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/lift-nsac-ban-mma-fighter-nick-diaz

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I really hope Diaz has other appeals strategy than this!

Can he actually appeal it straight out as a petition v the 2 WADA passed tests is a no brainer to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Ronda's mam goes off on Edmond Tarverdyan. Looks like she's been wanting to say this for a while. "I think he's a terrible coach and a bad person"

I listend to Ronda and Edmond on Rogan's podcast a few weeks back and they were laughing about the fact that Edmond didn't like her at the start. Literally zero animosity between them. As to why Ronda's mam wants to bring this up now is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Axwell wrote: »

I didn't watch this video to the end the first time around. Just it being brought up on Reddit. Check it out from 3.50 on wards.
    Squeaky clean Sage as a bit of a temper on him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mellor wrote: »
    I didn't watch this video to the end the first time around. Just it being brought up on Reddit. Check it out from 3.50 on wards.
    Squeaky clean Sage as a bit of a temper on him :D

Roid rage. It's gotta be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Rousey's Ma is a fúckin nut

/edit, nobody is as nice as Northcutt without being a complete psycho.

I'd say the mask will fall off at some point, and the media will leap over it. Like Jones, he wont be as clean cut as he appears to be

• Advertisement

Roar wrote: »
    Ronda's mam goes off on Edmond Tarverdyan. Looks like she's been wanting to say this for a while. "I think he's a terrible coach and a bad person"

I listend to Ronda and Edmond on Rogan's podcast a few weeks back and they were laughing about the fact that Edmond didn't like her at the start. Literally zero animosity between them. As to why Ronda's mam wants to bring this up now is beyond me.

Ronda's image is taking hits.

First there's the news that she's dating Travis Browne (who was cleared by the UFC of domestic violence because of inconclusive evidence, not because there wasn't any and who's accuser says is still going to press charges) and now her mother is getting involved in this stuff publically.

Quick guys before they sell out! (Worth reading through the comments)

Uuugghh I hope he doesn't mean he won't be taking fights for 8-12 months. Should be made hand back the belt if he does. Not that LHW is swarming with possible contenders but champs should be the most active fighters, not taking breaks.

12143197_895315333838768_996870959004397221_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=f054538c92dcaab08d434d8fe2496a10&oe=5695C892

No DC, you do not deserve a break for fighting 6 times in two years. Sick of the new champion culture in UFC, where they feel no pressure on themselves to take any fights just because they have the shiny gold belt. As Zero said, you should be fighting more if anything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Make Cowboy and Hall champions. Shít would get real interesting then. There'd be like 10 title fights a year between them alone.

The Diaz petition has over 100,000 signatures now, so it will have to be officially looked into by the US Government.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Six fights in two years is a lot at the elite level, can't think of many that have fought more or as often as that? Watching UFC the past ten years i don't expect any champion to fight more than twice a year.
    I think if he fights within 6-7 months that's fair enough. Not like he is holding up the division either, there's only one fight people want to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

For fear anyone misses it, Paully D posted this incredible fight in the ONE thread last night. Treat yourself.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057411887/8/#post97370290

martyos121 wrote: »
    The Diaz petition has over 100,000 signatures now, so it will have to be officially looked into by the US Government.
    bur wrote: »
    Six fights in two years is a lot at the elite level, can't think of many that have fought more or as often as that?
    Cowboy Cerrone's 10 most recent fights were in the space of two years. I'd consider that to be the upper limit of what's possible.

No way should a champ could sustain that level though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Quick guys before they sell out! (Worth reading through the comments)

"I'd rather let jones drive my car" :D

I don't know how Seery does it to be honest. 36 years old, working full-time, 4 kids (including a new baby), it's unreal how he can balance all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Neil is a class act, love to see him get a big name fight on short notice even. I was pissed off after his fight in MGM not that he lost more so that lots of people over there couldn't have come in early to watch him and cheer him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Could a crowd funding system ever work for fighters? in that fans could donate an amount based upon performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

JJayoo wrote: »
    Could a crowd funding system ever work for fighters? in that fans could donate an amount based upon performance.
    TipAFighter has been set up by someone with Bellator fighter Bubba Jenkins as something along the lines of what you suggest. Clearly they skim their bit off the top but seems like a good idea.

He's always going on about it on the MMARoasted podcast but a lot of fighters are not signing up to the service as they are at the whim of their management company who dont bother getting their fighters signed up to it.
    http://tipafighter.com/
    https://twitter.com/tipafighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2015/10/15/ronda-rouseys-mother-on-edmond-tarverdyan-i-would-run-over-him-with-my-car-if-there-wasnt-a-law-against-it/
    AnnMaria De Mars, the mother of UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, has today upped the ante in her apparent feud with the fighters head coach, Edmond Tarverdyan following an earlier video interview this week, this time claiming that if she had the chance and it wasn’t illegal, she’d run him over with her car.
    Speaking on a second video, which has now been removed, De Mars said:
    “I would run over him with my car if there wasn’t a law against it.”
    “Every time I go in his gym, he used to say, ‘How are you?’ And I’d say, ‘How the **** do you think I am? I’m in your f*cking gym and I f*cking hate you.’ So now he doesn’t ask me how I am anymore.”
    Rousey defends her title against Holly Holm in the main event of UFC 193 on November 14th in Melbourne, Australia. This apparent feud between mom and coach could end up being a serious talking point leading up to that matchup.

What a nasty aul bitch she sounds like!

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    I've heard of a few fighters who have GoFundMe's set up for training camps and such. Even guys in the UFC have had "sponsor appeals"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Francisco Trevino misses weight against Sage Northcutt, gets beaten by him in less than a minute, has 20% of his purse taken from him and now it is revealed that he tested positive for marijuana.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

That_Guy wrote: »
    Francisco Trevino misses weight against Sage Northcutt, gets beaten by him in less than a minute, has 20% of his purse taken from him and now it is revealed that he tested positive for marijuana.

And he shoved referee Herb Dean in anger after the stoppage! All in all a great example of how give the UFC plenty of reasons to get yourself cut from the promotion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

What was the story with Trevino? was he just a bum brought in at the last min?

Trevino had one job that night and that was to be fed to Northcutt. His time in the UFC is up and I hope he gets a ban thrown in there two.

Don't knock Herb Dean

• Advertisement

Trevino had one job that night and that was to be fed to Northcutt. His time in the UFC is up and I hope he gets a ban thrown in there two.

Don't knock Herb Dean

Mellor wrote: »
    I've heard of a few fighters who have GoFundMe's set up for training camps and such. Even guys in the UFC have had "sponsor appeals"

Does anyone follow Norman Parke on twitter or FB? He's forever name dropping shops,coffee shops, painter & decorators( :p ) probably getting an amount for every name drop.

About a week ago he was flogging tickets to Dublin next week to the highest bidder! Ticket touting to an event he's appearing at LOL I actually unfollowed him after that(I'm sure he cares!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

weemcd wrote: »

Don't knock Herb Dean

Unfortunately nothings going to come from him pushing Dean, Dean argued a case for him to the Atletics commission that he was only trying to get his attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Devastator wrote: »
    Does anyone follow Norman Parke on twitter or FB? He's forever name dropping shops,coffee shops, painter & decorators( :p ) probably getting an amount for every name drop.

About a week ago he was flogging tickets to Dublin next week to the highest bidder! Ticket touting to an event he's appearing at LOL I actually unfollowed him after that(I'm sure he cares!)

Its been discussed a fair bit on the UFC Dublin thread.

He was touting tickets, when questioned about it by fans he gave them dogs abuse. Cursing and name calling etc.

Since then he has replied to a few people on social media (myself included) with a very tame reply and claims that he sold them at face value "for a friend".

I'd say he has been pulled up by the UFC for his carry on. If he has indeed been touting his comp tickets then he's a real scrounge.

Her Dean has seen it all, he knows how fighters can react to any given situation, and he's knows that it's part and parcel of his job to deal with it. Another reason he's the best in the business.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Its been discussed a fair bit on the UFC Dublin thread.

He was touting tickets, when questioned about it by fans he gave them dogs abuse. Cursing and name calling etc.

Since then he has replied to a few people on social media (myself included) with a very tame reply and claims that he sold them at face value "for a friend".

I'd say he has been pulled up by the UFC for his carry on. If he has indeed been touting his comp tickets then he's a real scrounge.

Oh, I've not been following the other thread. I seen his post on FB about week ago, seen a few replies with people asking what he was at but unliked/unfollowed him as was getting bored of some of the things he posts.

:eek: Surprised at his reaction though, if it was "for a friend" it would have made more sense sharing his friends original post trying to sell them. Seems like a bit of a money grabber from what I can see, and he's from up Antrim(Bushmills) direction, they have a reputation for being tight lol

I wonder what the fans reaction will be like to him next week after how he got on over this :confused: I'm sure it would be a pretty low % of the audience that may know about it but if people are talking about it on the night and word spreads he could get a very mixed reception.

I remember about 6/8 weeks ago he put up a post on FB asking people to like some little tearoom in Antrim, whenever it reached so many likes(think 5000) he would give away a pair of tickets to Dublin, but as far as I'm aware(someone please correct me if Im wrong) no prize was ever gave out even though the tearoom went a good bit over the target

Eddie Gordon let go by UFC. Sickner, he was a sound man at UFC Dublin last year and he was given some tough fights. Hope he gets picked up by Bellator or wsof. He was a beat in the tuf final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Eddie Gordon let go by UFC. Sickner, he was a sound man at UFC Dublin last year and he was given some tough fights. Hope he gets picked up by Bellator or wsof. He was a beat in the tuf final.

Wasn't of standard at all imo, won't possible the poorest season of TUF ever, really nice bloke though as you said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

ASOT wrote: »
    Wasn't of standard at all imo, won't possible the poorest season of TUF ever, really nice bloke though as you said!

I'm still a bit surprised though. Would've thought he'd be a shoe -in for a brit card regardless?

50 fighters getting cut this weekend according to reports!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement