Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Jones is probably one of the few that are naturally talented and one the few that stood up to the UFC. It's gonna be interesting to see how Dana reacts to this interview, he said some bad stuff bout the vitor fight

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Man that was a great interview! DC is gonna get an awful spanking.

He was very polished but I felt like when he was talking about DC he was doing it naturally and off the cuff.

Some of the "I've really grown" and "learned so much" stuff just didn't seem to be natural and almost saying it just to just say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

You'd never guess the guy has 3 kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JJayoo wrote: »
    You'd never guess the guy has 3 kids.

Yup, 3 daughters

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Looks like Henricks staying at 170.
    I thought Dana said it wouldn't happen??

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/11/johny-hendricks-to-leave-team-takedown-still-wants-to-fight-tyron-

Henricks vs Woodley is still a fight I want to see

Hendricks was also offered the Gastulum fight but the timing didn't suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Anyone have any idea how I can watch the Mendes/Edgar fight? Also on the UFC website It says It's on December 12th But I was sure It was the night before Aldo/McGregor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Anyone have any idea how I can watch the Mendes/Edgar fight? Also on the UFC website It says It's on December 12th But I was sure It was the night before Aldo/McGregor?

On TV/stream/fight pass? If you're looking at the UK UFC website then its at like 3am on the 12th

Devastator wrote: »
    On TV/stream/fight pass? If you're looking at the UK UFC website then its at like 3am on the 12th

3am on the 12th Is Aldo/McGregor, I'm wondering about the Mendes/Edgar fight which Isn't on TV as far as I know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

3am on the 12th Is Aldo/McGregor, I'm wondering about the Mendes/Edgar fight which Isn't on TV as far as I know?

3am on the 12th is Saturday morning which is Edgar/Mendes. 3am on the 13th is Sunday morning which is Aldo/McGregor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

When McGregor is fighting it'll be the 13th over here.

Here's the Edgar mendes event.
    http://www.ufc.tv/video/tuf-22-finale

• Advertisement

3am on the 12th is Saturday morning which is Edgar/Mendes. 3am on the 13th is Sunday morning which is Aldo/McGregor.
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    When McGregor is fighting it'll be the 13th over here.

Here's the Edgar mendes event.
    http://www.ufc.tv/video/tuf-22-finale

Thanks lads. Is this the only way to watch the fight? It's great for 8 quid but I would prefer to watch It on the tele as opposed to my laptop.

Thanks lads. Is this the only way to watch the fight? It's great for 8 quid but I would prefer to watch It on the tele as opposed to my laptop.

HDMI connection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Can you Chromecast ufc.tv?

dave1982 wrote: »
    HDMI connection?

Can't get It to work on my TV, It's cool I'll just bring the laptop around to a friends or something. Wonder why It's not on BT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Saipanne wrote: »
    Can you Chromecast ufc.tv?

Yep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Edgar v Mendes is on bt.

Can't get It to work on my TV, It's cool I'll just bring the laptop around to a friends or something. Wonder why It's not on BT?

You probably just need update hdmi port or set video to the tv, ctrl+alt+p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pendred has just retired from MMA on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Wow Pendred. Top bloke much respect.

• Advertisement

reached his potential so the right call imo, n mma making it to the ufc is something most fighters can only dream about so having 4 or 5 fights and winning some (controversially) fair play to him not the most stylish but great heart good luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The GOAT goes out at the top of his game! :pac:

Much respect though, he clearly lost his passion for the sport and decided he'd rather switch career while he's young and healthy. He has a degree as well so he might want to go into a job in his field.

He is opening up a franchise of the healthy cafe type thing called chopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I wish him all the best with his next chapter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Fair play to him. Not too many fighters can see clearly that they're not good enough. And with the amount of punishment he takes in fights, this is the best thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Fair play to him. Not too many fighters can see clearly that they're not good enough. And with the amount of punishment he takes in fights, this is the best thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Well I hope you're all very proud of yourselves....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

At least we don't have to listen to Rogan call him Cahawl anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Jaysus he wasn't that bad. A year off and train in a boxing club would do him no harm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If your hearts not in it anymore then there is no point trying to improve.

I wish him the best of luck. I hope internet trolls had no influence on his decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

If his heart/head isn't in it he's not going to get any better, which lets be honest, he really needed to in some areas. He's quite young though, he could make a comeback at some point if he finds a renewed love for the sport.
    Gamebred wrote: »
    He is opening up a franchise of the healthy cafe type thing called chopped.

Funny :D

https://twitter.com/MMARoasted/status/669604120509071361

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Best of Luck Cathal! Will never forget your epic win in Dublin last year

369733.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

After all his CM Punk antics, it was nice of CM to acknowledge his decision

After all his CM Punk antics, it was nice of CM to acknowledge his decision
    I don't know too much about SM Punk, but he appears quite petty and self centred on social media. I don't think he offer any Cathal any sort of respect, but hopefully he doesn't say anything stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mellor wrote: »
    I don't know too much about SM Punk, but he appears quite petty and self centred on social media. I don't think he offer any Cathal any sort of respect, but hopefully he doesn't say anything stupid.

He literally just retweeted Cathal's tweet with the caption "respect".

From anything I've seen of the guy on social media or in interviews he comes across as a really likeable person. No idea where you're getting your view from other than when Cathal decided to have a go at him and he played the "I'm rich, who the feck are you" card, which was deserved in fairness.

• Advertisement

He literally just retweeted Cathal's tweet with the caption "respect".

From anything I've seen of the guy on social media or in interviews he comes across as a really likeable person. No idea where you're getting your view from other than when Cathal decided to have a go at him and he played the "I'm rich, who the feck are you" card, which was deserved in fairness.

Well that's me surprised.

As for where I got that view, ther was some psot a while back on here with some snips from his twitter feed. CM Punk losing his chit with people over tiny stuff. Nothing to do with Cathal or any fighter. He jsut stuck me as incredibly think skinned at the time.

But I don't really pay him a whole lot of attention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Good thing he retired before his name got tarnished :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Can anyone recommend some good MMA podcasts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Petermc83

SevereMMA & MMA Beat would be my favourites.

Brendan Schaub has one and also Joe Rogan.... but theres not enough time in the day to listen to them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Fighter and the Kid is the Schaub one well worth a listen. MMA hour obviously another that is worth a listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The fighter and the kid isn't really a fight podcast like mma hour, it's a general entertainment thing with a bit of fight talk. Same with JRE. Both are interesting though and I'm subscribed to both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

The Fighter and the Kid video of them watching McGregor Mendes is very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Saipanne wrote: »
    The Fighter and the Kid video of them watching McGregor Mendes is very funny.

Pretty sure that was Joe Rogans Fight Companion; Callen and Schuab there all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Can anyone recommend some good MMA podcasts?

MMA Beat, Luke Thomas live chat (both on mmafighting https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4f1JueVgo5t9HSmobCRPug) and 5 Rounds with Robin Black (thefightnetwork https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFightNetwork/videos) would be my favourites.

Joe Rogan Experience and Schaubs Fight and the Kid podcasts can be good but I wouldn't bother with them if you're looking for just MMA stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If you go on the MMA sub-reddit most decent clips from JRE about MMA get posted there. (along with other podcasts)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I've tried most MMA podcasts by now, but The Co-Main Event Podcast is by far the best, Ben Fowlkes from MMAJunkie and Chad Dundas from bleacher report. Two excellent talkers and extremely funny, highly recommended

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Joe Duffy ‏@Duffy_MMA 11 hrs11 hours ago
    #tbt 5 years today we were weighing in for @cagewarriors 39 #intensitifm #asportek #nutritionfitplus

https://www.instagram.com/p/-jObbRkwHZ/

:pac:

I like Larry pepe, promma radio. I think prob one of most honest presenter. Not afraid to bash Dana. Really went off cro cop thing and Dana covering up vitors testosterone levels for the Jones fight.

Not sure if he even has ufc credentials he's never at pressers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

No love for the Anik & Florian podcast? That's my new favourite- think mma hour but way shorter. Fighter & Kid is ok but barely any mma talk on it anymore. Rogans isn't really an mma podcast either except when he has a fighter on as a guest. Severe Mma podcast is pretty good as well- only started listening to it a month ago but I'm enjoying it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement