Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It was MusclePharm not alpha male, the plan was to buy the whole company.

I was sure I heard him talk about TAM, may have misheard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Roddy confirmed the RDA fight on twitter below and JK just put up t minus 1 hour.

Delighted to be on @themmahour with @arielhelwani to chat about my Career and @TheNotoriousMMA vs @RdosAnjosMMA
    Should be fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Any news on whether forgotten man GSP will come back ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This is an enjoyable listen if you're wanting to waste a couple of hours on a commute or something.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/10/10744330/three-amigos-ufc-2015-retrospective-with-joe-rogan-ronda-rousey-conor-mcgregor-jon-jones

2015 retrospective with Joe Rogan. Areas covered are:

-The aftermath of Ronda Rousey's loss
    -How the loss affects Cris Cyborg
    -Holly Holm's perfect game plan
    -Jon Jones' return to action
    -Reebok Deal
    -The Nevada Athletic Commission vs. Nick Diaz
    -IV re-hydration ban
    -USADA
    -Conor McGregor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Northcutt got a visit from the USADA for the 6th time since September this morning. With his fathers past they'll be on him like flies on poo for the the foreseeable future.

https://www.facebook.com/SuperSageNorthcutt/photos/a.1707799809452441.1073741829.1702892309943191/1730825247149897/?type=3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Mendes Barao would be a good fight to make at 145 next seen it suggested have to say I would like to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Northcutt got a visit from the USADA for the 6th time since September this morning. With his fathers past they'll be on him like flies on poo for the the foreseeable future.

https://www.facebook.com/SuperSageNorthcutt/photos/a.1707799809452441.1073741829.1702892309943191/1730825247149897/?type=3

What's his fathers past?

Mad listening to Cowboy on the MMA Hour going full 'Murica mode about the patch on his shorts. He said the fine was over 5k, he could have bought a car with it, think of a number and double it. I'm guessing it was around 8-10k of a fine which is mad! He was told if he does it again, he won't be allowed fight but Cowboy said he will be doing it every fight so we'll see.

The way Reebok are paying so little in sponsor money to the fighters and taking a lot from fines, they'll be making a profit from the UFC soon :pac:......:(

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Mad listening to Cowboy on the MMA Hour going full 'Murica mode about the patch on his shorts. He said the fine was over 5k, he could have bought a car with it, think of a number and double it. I'm guessing it was around 8-10k of a fine which is mad! He was told if he does it again, he won't be allowed fight but Cowboy said he will be doing it every fight so we'll see.

The way Reebok are paying so little in sponsor money to the fighters and taking a lot from fines, they'll be making a profit from the UFC soon :pac:......:(

You'd think Reebok and the UFC would be smart and just make a Cerrone version with the patch sown in to sell to the public, he's one of the bigger names, instead they punish him. Morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I know UFC got a lot of money from the Reebok deal but it really is one of the worst decisions UFC have made in the last few years in terms of the unrest it as caused. Plus I feel it takes away from fighters personality a bit ala Cowboy.

Yupp he's a prime example of someone who will feck off to Belator and probably make more from sponsorship alone. He said he hopes Reebok donate the fine to Murican soldiers and he will double the donation. UFC need to sort this out quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So how does this work? You wear Reebok, you get paid "Reebok money" but if you violate the terms you get fined from your purse? Or is the fine taken from the Reebok money?

This is all so f*cking stupid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

ASOT wrote: »

Still a ridiculous situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'd put money on him being busted for marijuana again within 18 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I'd put money on him being busted for marijuana again within 18 months.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it would have to be "in competition" would it? So if he tested positive next week it wouldn't be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Correct me if I'm wrong but it would have to be "in competition" would it? So if he tested positive next week it wouldn't be an issue?

Was wondering this too. Is the new drug testing all year round? And is my hazy memory right in saying he has a legal exemption to use marajuana in his home state or did I dream that?

There's out of competition levels and in competition levels, he will be fine out of competition your man Jeff Novinsky said both levels under USADA are high and that he would basically have to be smoking it in the actual locker room to fail, that's why he didn't fail the usada post fight test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

I know UFC got a lot of money from the Reebok deal but it really is one of the worst decisions UFC have made in the last few years in terms of the unrest it as caused. Plus I feel it takes away from fighters personality a bit ala Cowboy.
    "and now in the red corner wearing black and white Yoel Romero also in the blue corner wearing black and white Luke Rockhold it's pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Anyone know why they all wear black and white ones? Surely they could at least change the colours?

If they made individual shorts with reebok on them it would make way more sense and surely sell more of them?!

Beersmith wrote: »
    Anyone know why they all wear black and white ones? Surely they could at least change the colours?

If they made individual shorts with reebok on them it would make way more sense and surely sell more of them?!

Because Reebok are idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Because Reebok are idiots.

tbh affliction did it right sold a tee with a quote or something from a fighter, much better

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=2108459

Better than 99.9% of all reebok gear so far

tbh affliction did it right sold a tee with a quote or something from a fighter, much better

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=2108459

Better than 99.9% of all reebok gear so far

Looking at the stuff dethrone, affliction etc all pump out then looking at the Reebok gear makes me sad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

And it's official!!!

March 5th McGregor vs dos anjos

Yoel Romero has failed a USADA drug test

''The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) informed Yoel Romero of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collection''

He was always suspect considering hes 38 and built like a machine but I thought he might be just a genetic freak considering he always passed olympic testing,the sport is rotten to the core with steroids good to see another one caught cheating.

Aw Yoel!!!

As per Ariel:
    USADA has notified the UFC of a potential anti-doping violation by Yoel Romero, per the promotion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He's the really religious one as well isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

CatFromHue wrote: »
    He's the really religious one as well isn't he?

Yeah, gay Jesus.

Does this mean he is banned now and Jacare gets a shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

The 38 year old built like a God who's been competing at the top for nearly 20 years without any sign of decline? Shock horror!

• Advertisement

Dana reported to say Ronda wont fight at UFC 200,cant see her fighting again personally.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Dana reported to say Ronda wont fight at UFC 200,cant see her fighting again personally.

I think she will return.

I would say I think she is being smart, taking her time after 2 filming 2 movies, putting together a decent strategy; instead of having a short camp, rushing and getting KO'd by Holm again in the exact same fashion. But, if that was the case she would drop her piece of **** coach.

Gamebred wrote: »

Wow....

7 months to recover but she'd rather make a shyte film instead of fighting at the biggest ufc event in history.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Holm is still the only fight for her so it makes sense to do the films as there's a future in that but if she beats Holm she fights Holm again after that. There's no one else in her division bar Holm for Ronda to fight.

If she loses to Holm there's still no one other than Holm to fight.

Iv never been so happy for someone to fail a drug test, Romero is a moron and without a doubt was juiced to the gils, finally it can be said without getting carded.

There's out of competition levels and in competition levels, he will be fine out of competition your man Jeff Novinsky said both levels under USADA are high and that he would basically have to be smoking it in the actual locker room to fail, that's why he didn't fail the usada post fight test.
    There no out of comp level afaik. Smoke as much as you want.
    But I think the USADA in comp level is exactly the same as the NSAC level. The test he failed would have been a fail under USADA rules too.

Imo it was a false positive due to being dehydrated.
    Iv never been so happy for someone to fail a drug test, Romero is a moron and without a doubt was juiced to the gils, finally it can be said without getting carded.
    Have they confirmed what he failed on? Could be another Tibau situation.

Edit: Rumour mill suggests it was a designer peptide

Mellor wrote: »
    There no out of comp level afaik. Smoke as much as you want.
    But I think the USADA in comp level is exactly the same as the NSAC level. The test he failed would have been a fail under USADA rules too.

He passed two usada tests though? Il Try find the interview on my lunch your man explained it a bit more than me.

He passed two usada tests though? Il Try find the interview on my lunch your man explained it a bit more than me.

His levels in the USADA tests were significantly lower that the NSAC one though. They were done at different times. See my edit above, I think dehydration was a huge factor.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Have despised him since that Tim Kennedy fight

• Advertisement

Have despised him since that Tim Kennedy fight

Tim Kennedy went off on him last night on twitter. Quite a few from that division did actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Tim Kennedy went off on him last night on twitter. Quite a few from that division did actually.

374789.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

USADA are slowly cleaning up MMA. He was popped for a designer peptide steroid too so it would have been more difficult to catch. Everyone knew Romero was juicing. Lots of question marks over ATT now, lots of there fighters have been popped. Raises serious question marks over the likes of Robbie Lawler who was 3-5 in Strikeforce and then had a late career revival to go 8-1 in the UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Lukker- wrote: »
    USADA are slowly cleaning up MMA. He was popped for a designer peptide steroid too so it would have been more difficult to catch. Everyone knew Romero was juicing. Lots of question marks over ATT now, lots of there fighters have been popped. Raises serious question marks over the likes of Robbie Lawler who was 3-5 in Strikeforce and then had a late career revival to go 8-1 in the UFC.

I wouldn't call it late, he's just had a long career from an early age, he is only turning 34

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Lukker- wrote: »

He was a Middleweight in Strikeforce though. Don't think Robbie is juicing to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

BJ Penn just called out Nik Lentz on Facebook. He wants to fight him at ufc 197.

As much of a legend Penn is, that's one guy I don't wanna see back in the octagon again. For his own health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

The return off Rousey and Nick Diaz should make for a good PPV from August onwards

Would make sense to put them on same card

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

El Guapo! wrote: »
    BJ Penn just called out Nik Lentz on Facebook. He wants to fight him at ufc 197.

As much of a legend Penn is, that's one guy I don't wanna see back in the octagon again. For his own health.

"I was just gonna post about this. Heres what he said
    @niklentz this is a formal challenge for Nik Lentz to meet me in the octagon March 5th in Las Vegas. Nik you wrote a silly poem about me making fun of me, you said stuff about me and my parents, and you been making a ‪#‎bringpennback‬ hashtag, I ask you today to be a man and back up everything you said, talk the talk walk the walk , uncle BJ is mad already ‪#‎youout‬ #bringpennback ‪#‎hiloboys‬ ‪#‎hawaii‬ ‪#‎allhawaii‬"

If penn ever did back I hope he comes back like the killer he was. Would be terrible if he got whooped around the octagon.

It's not the first time Penn has called out Lentz, it's all over Mike Dolce. Not going to lie lads BJ is a legend and all but he's a bit of a freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

tumblr_lr0pz1plyk1qe7zozo1_500.jpg

What sane person licks blood off their gloves.

Cant write him off,how many of us wrote off Arlovski I'd be very surprised if jacksonwink cant get him back to a decent level in the game,hope he comes back and puts a beat down on lentz.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement