Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Matt Hammill has retired

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some MMA Rumours from Middleeasy:
    • If you wanted to see a rubber match with Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir, it looks like you're going to get it. Brock Lesnar's return to UFC will be marked with a third fight against Frank Mir. Finally, Frank can get rid of all those 'demons' that have been haunting him.
    • As you probably suspected, Dana White is angry at Dennis Hallman for wearing those blue skimpies at UFC 133. More importantly, he's pretty mad at the person inside ZUFFA that authorized Dennis Hallman to wear them.
    • It's rumored that after Strikeforce Fedor vs. Henderson, ZUFFA offered Fedor Emelianeko a two-fight contract without M-1 Global co-promotion at $500,000. The offer was turned down by Fedor's management.
    • Fedor does have a contract with Showtime, but it only relates to Fedor fighting exclusively for Showtime Sports -- not necessarily a fight contract.
    • ZUFFA representatives met up with Dan Henderson at some point last week (just before Hendo went to Lake Havasu to party) in order to sign him back into UFC for a substantial amount of money.
    • I've been told that Golden Glory is currently in talks with Bellator in order to form some partnership. That would make Golden Glory, DREAM and BAMMA all partners with Bellator.
    • More of a theory than a rumor, but a reason for most of Golden Glory's roster being cut from ZUFFA is solely due to Golden Glory bringing their MMA/kickboxing promotion to the US and other markets ZUFFA is targeting. Much like Affliction creating their own promotion in 2009 and being axed from being a UFC sponsor only to return to the organization a year later when they ceased their MMA promotion, look for Golden Glory fighters to return to ZUFFA once they cease assembling fights that may threaten ZUFFA's market share.
    • M-1 Global is trying to extend their Showtime contract by up to five years.
    • ZUFFA doesn't plan to necessarily 'kill' Strikeforce. Lorenzo Fertitta is in the process of 'restructuring' the company and fighters like Rich Franklin may be brought to Strikeforce in order to reestablish its image. The purpose for Strikeforce may shift to a 'feeder' organization, in which fighters that would normally get cut from UFC's roster will be moved to Strikeforce. This will prevent a lot of ZUFFA's competition from picking up former UFC fighters and using their 'star power' to build their organization.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

movin some of the static fighters over to strikeforce could work, the likes of franklin, nelson, hardy, etc could make it interesting, the wont really contend again in the ufc so it could work out

I would like to see mir lesner again, but i think it would be the same result as the second fight, although i would love to see Mir win

Henderson will be back in the ufc, no doubt about it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'd be very surprised if they do Lesnar vs Mir III. Dana thought about it before and there was such an outcry against it by the fans that he scrapped the idea.

Lesnar would kill him again too.

I kinda like the idea of a feeder organisation, but it could devalue the belts. As soon as someone becomes a SF champ then people will want to see if they'd make it in the UFC, so you could end up with the belt constantly vacant because whoever wins it would want to return to the big show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is the Ufc on espn Sunday nite,there just seems to be a 3 hour gap in the timeslot on the tv listings.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is the Ufc on espn Sunday nite,there just seems to be a 3 hour gap in the timeslot on the tv listings.

Yeah I presume so, they show all of the UFC events

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I kinda like the idea of a feeder organisation, but it could devalue the belts. As soon as someone becomes a SF champ then people will want to see if they'd make it in the UFC, so you could end up with the belt constantly vacant because whoever wins it would want to return to the big show.

Maybe if they did something along the lines of 3 successful title defenses and your automatically promoted to the UFC. Or have a grand prix style tournament to be promoted along with a big bonus. Or something along those lines.
    But your right it would be a tough situation to get it to work properly.

An hour with Chael Sonnen at Fight Night Q&A 133. Goldie is a bit annoying but Sonnen comes out with some gems.

edit: Chael -Did ya hear about the time Ed Soares, the Nogueira Bro's and Anderson walked into a bar but there was only one stool left so they just turned it upside down, hahaha

Some gold at the 45 minute mark where the kid in the red shirt steps up to ask his question.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

loremolis wrote: »
    I agree that he isn't a great striker but his reach makes up for it. His last two wins were TKO and KO against guys who are much bigger than Barry.

He has only gone to a decision once in his 26 MMA fights.

Apart from the fight itself I'm really looking forward to the staredown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

368820668.jpg

• Advertisement

Pat Barry training for Struve

So, someone asked about UFC would be on this Sunday on ESPN. The listings say "To Be Confirmed" which would tell me that it IS in fact on there.

Until I saw the Setanta Listings, how come it's on there? Setanta Irwland are showing it! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

In response to the video above.

Struve training for Barry

Just posted by Gareth Davies re Sunday..

RT @GarethBOXUFC: Dan hardy v chris lytle on ufc.com this sunday night free and ondemand free for a week. Not on espn. But ufc main events still on espn

Just posted by Gareth Davies re Sunday..

RT @GarethBOXUFC: Dan hardy v chris lytle on ufc.com this sunday night free and ondemand free for a week. Not on espn. But ufc main events still on espn

Davis writes a little about what the craic is with the ESPN situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

It's on UFC.tv

I don't mind and I want to try out the different mics they were promoting with the beta a while ago. Would be cool to listen to a fight when you can just hear the cornermen for some fights as opposed to Joe and Goldberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

SDTimeout wrote: »
    It's on UFC.tv

I don't mind and I want to try out the different mics they were promoting with the beta a while ago. Would be cool to listen to a fight when you can just hear the cornermen for some fights as opposed to Joe and Goldberg.

do i have to sign up for something or pay to watch this or can i just click on the site and watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

sonic85 wrote: »
    do i have to sign up for something or pay to watch this or can i just click on the site and watch?

No signing up required, just watch :D

Also, they're showing every pre-lim on Facebook!

It's at times like this when the people who bitch about UFC look silly! 12 fights for free in one night. Incredible!

scudzilla wrote: »
    No signing up required, just watch :D

nice! was a bit thick yesterday when i found out it wasnt on ESPN. at least i wont miss it altogether!

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Also, they're showing every pre-lim on Facebook!

It's at times like this when the people who bitch about UFC look silly! 12 fights for free in one night. Incredible!

Pain in the hole for me, Ya need to install Silverlight for the FB prelims and i can't put it on my work pc :mad:

scudzilla wrote: »
    Pain in the hole for me, Ya need to install Silverlight for the FB prelims and i can't put it on my work pc :mad:

Sheeeeeeeeit!

I wonder now that the event is on the UFC website will they show all of the fights there? (although you probably need Silverlight for that too do you?)

what time roughly are the pre-lims starting at?

Sheeeeeeeeit!

I wonder now that the event is on the UFC website will they show all of the fights there? (although you probably need Silverlight for that too do you?)

I always have a back up plan ;);)

(Thanks Joe Sondo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

nice! was a bit thick yesterday when i found out it wasnt on ESPN. at least i wont miss it altogether!
    god damn it, why doesnt espn have this as well, i want to watch it on tv not the internet!

adamski8 wrote: »
    god damn it, why doesnt espn have this as well, i want to watch it on tv not the internet!

I'll be using my lovely HDMI cable to watch it on my tv! Won't be much of a difference :)

what time roughly are the pre-lims starting at?

Seem to be starting earlier than usual, first fight on Facebook at 9.45 UK time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I'll be using my lovely HDMI cable to watch it on my tv! Won't be much of a difference :)
    i dont have a computer at home! thank god for setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

looks like Brock Lesner is going to drop some news tomorrow on twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/DCBROCKLESNAR

Speculate away.

• Advertisement

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    looks like Brock Lesner is going to drop some news tomorrow on twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/DCBROCKLESNAR

Speculate away.

Hope it's not bad news, I'm still waiting for Mir v Lesnar 3!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement