Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

UFC are holding an event in Scotland on the same date they came here last year. I suppose that kind of rules out an Irish card for this year. I'm sure there'll be Irish fighters on the Scotland card though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Cro Cop against Gonzago the main in Poland!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

With McGregor fighting Aldo abroad there was very little chance of a Dublin card happening this year when it wasnt the title fight. Depending on the result of that fight there will be the rematch im sure if and when Conor takes the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

UFC are holding an event in Scotland on the same date they came here last year. I suppose that kind of rules out an Irish card for this year. I'm sure there'll be Irish fighters on the Scotland card though.

Is the Hydro pretty much the venue then?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It was announced for the Hydro - July 18th for the Scotland event, April 11th for the Poland one in the Krakow Arena.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I might try and get to the Poland one depending on if the card if even half decent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I might try and get to the Poland one depending on if the card if even half decent

Id me more concerned that its on at a reasonable hour unlike Stockholm. Do the prelims and Main card times for European events get announced before tickets come out?

The main event on that card is the Cro Cop vs Gonzaga fight, co main is Jan Blachowicz vs Jimi Manuwa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

califano wrote: »
    Id me more concerned that its on at a reasonable hour unlike Stockholm. Do the prelims and Main card times for European events get announced before tickets come out?

That event is only on late because its on Fox and has to adhere to there times, These fight night shows wont be on Fox, well theres a slim chance because of Cro Cop this one could be but id say theres a 90% chance there all going to be Fightpass so should be reasonable hours like Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

A trip to Poland is tempting

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    That event is only on late because its on Fox and has to adhere to there times, These fight night shows wont be on Fox, well theres a slim chance because of Cro Cop this one could be but id say theres a 90% chance there all going to be Fightpass so should be reasonable hours like Dublin.

They said at this point its on fight pass but they are in negotiations with a number of parties - probably looking at a local tv deal though I would imagine in Poland.

Nope tickets will prob come out with bouts still to be announced usually. You'd usually get the headline bout lucky to get a few more, full card/times next to no chance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Axwell wrote: »
    The main event on that card is the Cro Cop vs Gonzaga fight, co main is Jan Blachowicz vs Jimi Manuwa
    That's not bad at all, the main event is probably worth it for me as an old Cro Cop fan.

Train ticket is 29 quid each way at the moment from Vienna and I have wanted to visit Krakow for a long time now..

UFC 14 Live weigh in link 17:00 GMT

• Registered Users Posts: 12,787 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

UFC 14 Live weigh in link 17:00 GMT

Yes I'm looking forward to Kevin Jackson V Tony Fryklund!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Just had a look at the card for UFC 183. Lineker/McCaul on the prelim card and not even in the 'top' prelim spot. WTF is that about? Especially when there are far less exciting match ups involving lower ranked fighters on the main card. And the fact that it's potentially a title eliminator.

And Brandao relegated from main event to fight pass card in one fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

John_D80 wrote: »
    Just had a look at the card for UFC 183. Lineker/McCaul on the prelim card and not even in the 'top' prelim spot. WTF is that about? Especially when there are far less exciting match ups involving lower ranked fighters on the main card. And the fact that it's potentially a title eliminator.

It's a better fight than 90% of the card and has more meaning than 90% of the card but UFC logic bigger fighters = more viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Davei141 wrote: »
    It's a better fight than 90% of the card and has more meaning than 90% of the card but UFC logic bigger fighters = more viewers.

Stone mad. I've been looking forward to seeing those two clash for ages. That fight could easily be a co-main on any card imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

John_D80 wrote: »

I know it's a numbered event and they're in a lighter division but I don't care...there is no universe in which any sane mma fan would class Davis v bader as a main card fight ahead of lineker/McCaul...it's going to be a serious scrap though and I'd love to see uncle creepy win it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,239 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

johnpro wrote: »
    I know it's a numbered event and they're in a lighter division but I don't care...there is no universe in which any sane mma fan would class Davis v bader as a main card fight ahead of lineker/McCaul...it's going to be a serious scrap though and I'd love to see uncle creepy win it
    It's pretty common to have a big fight as the last prelim on numbered events. The "undercard main event". The idea being a great fight here sells the PPV for people on the fence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Mellor wrote: »
    It's pretty common to have a big fight as the last prelim on numbered events. The "undercard main event". The idea being a great fight here sells the PPV for people on the fence.

Its not even the main, its second on!

Cant stand hearing that Burt Watson. ''Your fight your night, go get it right''. Shut up Burt and just get people out there on time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 wardiaz

Wiedman is injured again ffs belfort fight postponed,stick it on in july dana co main with conor aldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

wardiaz wrote: »
    Wiedman is injured again ffs belfort fight postponed,stick it on in july dana co main with conor aldo.

Damn this is looking a weak card now, guessing no PPV records are going to be smashed on this one

Champ Ronda Rousey vs. Cat Zingano – for women’s bantamweight title
    Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
    Holly Holm vs. Raquel Pennington
    Tony Ferguson vs. Yancy Medeiros
    Roan Carneiro vs. Mark Munoz
    Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
    Roman Salazar vs. Norifumi Yamamoto
    Derrick Lewis vs. Ruan Potts
    James Krause vs. Valmir Lazaro
    Dhiego Lima vs. Tim Means
    Masio Fullen vs. Alexander Torres

• Registered Users Posts: 29,760 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Shyte news! Can't believe he won the belt in July 2013 and only fought twice since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Louis Smolka and Neil Seery calling each other out on twitter. I was just thinking today how this would be a good fight to get Seery ranked. Very winnable for him IMO. Smolka is good but Seery is excellent all around. I hope they make the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,545 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Seery v Lineker is my dream flyweight matchup. Won't happen after the last weigh-in though

Bendo Hendo fighting in 2 weeks moving to 170 facing Bradon Thatch

• Registered Users Posts: 39,239 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Louis Smolka and Neil Seery calling each other out on twitter. I was just thinking today how this would be a good fight to get Seery ranked. Very winnable for him IMO. Smolka is good but Seery is excellent all around. I hope they make the fight.

Smolka stepped into take Seery's place in Sydney. Record book says he won. But the reality is he was getting hammered in that fight.

I'd fancy an early bet on Seery to pay well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,851 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Bendo Hendo fighting in 2 weeks moving to 170 facing Bradon Thatch

cant wait for that one
    what a fight and a bad one for bendo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement