Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

weemcd wrote: »
    Talk of Frankie v Faber being made. Good fight, hope Frankie tools him up, something inherently unlikeable about Faber that I can't quite put my finger on. Faber also talked about shutting Mcgregor up, something I severely doubt would happen.

Would be a good fight. At what weight though?

I think Fabers best days are behind him at this stage of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

weemcd wrote: »
    Talk of Frankie v Faber being made. Good fight, hope Frankie tools him up, something inherently unlikeable about Faber that I can't quite put my finger on. Faber also talked about shutting Mcgregor up, something I severely doubt would happen.

I like Faber but assuming it's at 145 that's an easy win for Frankie imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,250 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I would have thought that they'd be getting bombarded by the media for a response. The sport is descending into a bit of a farce at the minute. Isn't the failure rate for out of competition drug tests now at about 45%? 8 fails from 18 tests or something following the results for Silva, Fitch and Lombard.
    Lombard wasn't out of comp.
    They may not report the tests if guys who pass.

What 18 tests are they? Or where did the numbers come from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Aisling Daly vs Claudia Gadelha to fight on the Poland card.

Really a tough, tough matchup for Daly but somehow I don't see it being too big a challenge for her. Huge if she can get the win, would put her right in the title picture.

Tough match, Gadelha was a split decision away from fighting for the belt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man that will be some fight can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Mellor wrote: »
    Lombard wasn't out of comp.
    They may not report the tests if guys who pass.

What 18 tests are they? Or where did the numbers come from.

The list I read was on the UG.

Travis Browne
    Josh Barnett
    Glover Teixeira
    Demetrious Johnson
    Robbie Lawler
    Jake Ellenberger
    Daniel Cormier
    Chris Weidman
    Rousimar Palhares
    Cris Cyborg

Jon Jones (Positive for coke)
    Wanderlei Silva (Ran from test)
    Ali Bagautinov (FAIL)
    Vitor Belfort (FAIL)
    Chael Sonnen (FAIL)
    Anderson Silva (FAIL)

That was 6 fails from 16. I thought Fitch and Lombard were out of comp too, my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    The list I read was on the UG.

Travis Browne
    Josh Barnett
    Glover Teixeira
    Demetrious Johnson
    Robbie Lawler
    Jake Ellenberger
    Daniel Cormier
    Chris Weidman
    Rousimar Palhares
    Cris Cyborg

Jon Jones (Positive for coke)
    Wanderlei Silva (Ran from test)
    Ali Bagautinov (FAIL)
    Vitor Belfort (FAIL)
    Chael Sonnen (FAIL)
    Anderson Silva (FAIL)

That was 6 fails from 16. I thought Fitch and Lombard were out of comp too, my mistake.
    Yeah Fitch was tested on fight night (before the fight). His testosterone was high, so they did a CIR test a few weeks ago which he flunked.

I would count Jones, as it wasn't an OOC fail really.
    5 out of 6 isn't bad. But they tested Jones and Cormier twice, Silva twice also. which they passed, so the actually fail rate is at least a bit lower than 30% (5/16)

But still, even 15% is way too high.
    Two things are obvious. The out of comp tests are not random. And the fact that fight night tests are passed much more often means the cycling PEDs really does beat the system, although not always. May that will change with a bigger sample size, maybe not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Interesting too that the Daly/Gadelha fight will be SBG/Nova União for the first time (as far as I know). The same teams/coaches competing against each other as will compete in McGregor/Aldo.

• Advertisement

Frankie Faber confirmed as FW fight. Faber comparing it to 2Pac vs Biggie on his instagram.....Please smash him Frankie!

Also, DC is fighting Bader in New Orleans on June 6th. Most likely a 1 sided bating but still gonna root for Bader.

Interesting too that the Daly/Gadelha fight will be SBG/Nova União for the first time (as far as I know). The same teams/coaches competing against each other as will compete in McGregor/Aldo.

Yeah you're right. Nice spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Frankie Faber confirmed as FW fight. Faber comparing it to 2Pac vs Biggie on his instagram.....Please smash him Frankie!

Also, DC is fighting Bader in New Orleans on June 6th. Most likely a 1 sided bating but still gonna root for Bader.

How can you root against DC after "All About That Cake?"

MrStuffins wrote: »

Just watched that vid.......WTF did I just watch :eek: That's gonna take some time to 'digest'

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

MrStuffins wrote: »

Funniest video I've seen in a long time...phil Davis did one too that wasn't as funny but still pretty good and was a surprise from a guy who's fight videos they use to help severe insomniacs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Lawler v Rory MacDonald looks like its happening. Apparently its around July.

sheehy83 wrote: »

Frankies going to ruin him, **** Tupac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Yeah it's going to be a one sided beating by Frankie, don't think Faber is better or even equal anywhere. Would of loved if this was at 135, if Frankie could make it, and then a title fight with TJ.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Yeah it's going to be a one sided beating by Frankie, don't think Faber is better or even equal anywhere. Would of loved if this was at 135, if Frankie could make it, and then a title fight with TJ.

I honestly think he could make 135

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Mellor wrote: »
    I honestly think he could make 135

Yeah he probably could. He'd pretty much get a title shot straight away since that division is so shallow, at worst he'd dismantle some 'contender' in that division first. That should be a huge incentive and the UFC should push him. Although I'm sure he thinks he can be champ at 145 which he could.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Fromvert wrote: »
    Yeah he probably could. He'd pretty much get a title shot straight away since that division is so shallow, at worst he'd dismantle some 'contender' in that division first. That should be a huge incentive and the UFC should push him. Although I'm sure he thinks he can be champ at 145 which he could.
    I'm sure he'd like to be announced as the only 3 division champ ever

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Lawler v Rory MacDonald looks like its happening. Apparently its around July.

Around July?

As in 11th July???

Lovely quote from arse chin

“He’s got a whole nation of people that have nothing else to cheer for.”

“I think it’s fun, this sport needs guys like Conor. Conor’s not just a talker he’s a great fighter. He’s a guy that backs up what he says and he’s making headlines. Especially for Ireland, I’ve seen some hot Irish women but all the dudes over there are pretty mangled looking. Conor, just not having freckles and bright red hair makes him like a super male model over there. The ability to not have a face full of freckles and red hair steps his game up tremendously in Ireland. They’ve got a hero and he’s good.”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

arse chin????

arse chin????

Uriah Faber

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

arse chin????

And his mouth is where the shjte comes from

All the team Alpha Male fighters are taking pops at McGregor since he said stuff about Mendes. Would love to see McGregor beating Mendes and Cruz beating Dillashaw in the one night.

Silva failed the 9th Jan test for two steroids.
    Passed his 19th jan test.

The rumour doing the rounds now is that he failed another test. But the date and details of this test are unknown as of yet.
    The hearing is this Tuesday so I wonder if the NSAC are keeping this Ace up their sleeve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Duffy arrives at TriStar, looking forward to his UFC career.

B9gNvg0CQAAmzlc.jpg:large

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement