Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Without his bullets, I expect Mir to use his ground game on bigfoot instead.

I expect him to use his face to block Clinch knees and elbows :(

Besides McGregor winning the title, nothing would please me more than to see Mir take Bigfoot down and submit him. Cmon MIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

weemcd wrote: »
    To be fair to Vitor he passed a couple of random tests in the past couple of months, but then again who knows. Shape of his face looks completely different to when he was on the juice, I'd expect him to look very different come weigh ins, though he'll probably make weight much easier without all that muscle.

Did you see before and after photos of Vitor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

they haven't fleshed it out with concrete commitments yet, but are making the right noises for a first announcement. As GSP said on twitter, I hope they follow through and do it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

pauldoo wrote: »

None recently but I saw some a few months back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

pauldoo wrote: »

could you link them here? i'd be interested in having a look.

• Advertisement

10963880_515308461940576_1430254355_n.jpg

From vitor belforts instagram yesterday

4110e77095be11e2b7d622000a1f968a_7.jpg

^ photo from same account in March 2013. Not a perfect angle, closest I could find. But he's a good deal more muscular there imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I see barely any difference there that are not due to pose tbf. Totally different poses, arms flat by sides versus raised fists and hence tensed muscles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I hope when I'm victors age I look that good; mans in great shape juiced or not! There's not a major difference like when the reem stoped taking the stuff and basically became a blob of his former self.

Testosterone and things like it are fairly easy to get now. I like the idea that I can get me some of that juice when I'm 40 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

weemcd wrote: »
    Testosterone and things like it are fairly easy to get now. I like the idea that I can get me some of that juice when I'm 40 :cool:

Yeah its fairly accesable these days; some of the owl lads who train in the same gym as me are in Vince mc mahon wwe shape for there age its remarkable! Better physique than people half there age :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

is fight night tonight on tv anywhere? us channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

valor wrote: »

bt sport/dunno bout us channels

its on tomorrow night though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

valor wrote: »

Its on tomorrow dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mir weighs in at 261 while Bigfoot is 264. Mir definitely put the weight on to stop getting completely out wrestled but it's gonna slow him down even more. Wonder if he will retire of he loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Thatd be why its not on the schedule for tonight..thanks

The Bellator main card is better then the UFC one this weekend in fairness to them

Cathal Pendred v Augusto Montano added to UFC 188 in Mexico. Montano is 15-1 and all finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,320 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Cathal Pendred v Augusto Montano added to UFC 188 in Mexico. Montano is 15-1 and all finishes.

Sink or swim time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

cathal is going to get lit up

Unless a huge improvement on his stand up its hard to argue. On paper he has 3 UFC wins but he shouldn't have beaten Spencer and was lucky to get the decision against Umatalov. Could easily be 1-2 and on the verge of being cut.

• Advertisement

No only is his striking a concern. This fight is in mexico city, the altitude is a killer for fighters flying in.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ACANDROID

Gonna be a serious test for Cathal. Nothing but a convincing win will do for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Tbf I said the same about his last fight, and although I thought he lost it was fairly close.

This Montano guy has a good record but hasn't fought anyone big. Being honest though, as I said a while back I think it's inevitable that Pendred will get KO'd fairly soon, it just depends on the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The one thing cathal really has going for him more so than his size or strength is he just keeps going. Yes at times it looks lumbering but the fact is he is always moving forward trying something which looks good even if it doesnt look good. I think its time cathal just gets back to wrestling and grinds this guy down

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Video doing the rounds of Josh Neer destroying some guy who talked trash to him on Facebook.

Story here

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/22482-video-josh-neer-gives-beating-to-qdumbassq-for-qtalking-stq

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Video doing the rounds of Josh Neer destroying some guy who talked trash to him on Facebook.

Story here

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/22482-video-josh-neer-gives-beating-to-qdumbassq-for-qtalking-stq

Scumbag move by Neer. This guy may be a jackass who thinks he can fight but Neer is a pro fighter. He gives the guy a hiding which could have been serious if he wasn't pulled off then kicks the dude in the head AND uploads it all in YouTube

Scummy move.
    Both Ne'er and the article talk about the guy messaging him on fb. Just ignore it of block the dude.
    Hope he finds it very hard to get a new contract anywhere

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Neer

His record has been updated.

If Neer is the one who uploaded it he's an idiot. His teammates were also very slow to get in there. WTF were they thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crybaby

After reading the story I don't really blame him too much, he tried to ignore the messages and then invited the guy down to the gym, the bloke is huge and was trying act the bully and got a beatings. i would be more worried about the bloke coming back with a weapon next time

The guy was obviously looking for a fight. And by the sounds if things wants another. Claiming all sorts of foul play.

Tbf, It's looks to me like the black guy is wearing 16s, and Neer only has wraps on, or maybe 4s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wanker!! I nearly had a fit logging into PP to get them odds and then realised it was his record :(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement