Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

mailburner wrote: »
    fair play to them
    enjoyed that

The fan questions were fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

TimRiggins wrote: »
    UFC after doing a Welcome to the Show presser on youtube, Its on at the minute nearly finished I think, I'd recommend watching it back great press conference some hilarious bits.

Full event here:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

TUF 21 will be ATT V Blackzillians - http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/28/8126727/tuf-21-features-american-top-team-vs-blackzilians-with-500k-on-the

Its suppose to be up and comers; Steve Carl is hardly an up and comer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Is fedor making a comeback in Bellator? Just watched Friday's event and he makes an appearance at the end donning a Bellator sweatshirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Brock Lesnar was in the crowd last night. Make of that what you may

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

weemcd wrote: »
    Brock Lesnar was in the crowd last night. Make of that what you may

Had a falling out with Vince McMahon last week over the terms of a possible new contract. Probably his way of saying to Vince here's where I'm going if you don't give me what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

ciano316 wrote: »
    Had a falling out with Vince McMahon last week over the terms of a possible new contract. Probably his way of saying to Vince here's where I'm going if you don't give me what I want.

Seriously tho would Brock ever want to come back to the UFC? I could imagine a situation in which he goes to Bellator for a few fights/lots of cash and is fed a few bums, destroys them, feeds into the monster persona he currently has in the WWE and then returns to the WWE for a final big paycheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

JJayoo wrote: »
    Seriously tho would Brock ever want to come back to the UFC? I could imagine a situation in which he goes to Bellator for a few fights/lots of cash and is fed a few bums, destroys them, feeds into the monster persona he currently has in the WWE and then returns to the WWE for a final big paycheck.

Brock has shown interest in coming back to the UFC. He will always be a draw wherever he goes and he loves money. I think people forget because Lesnar has done so much that he's only 37 which is the same age as Mark Munoz who fought last night and who just signed a new 4 fight contract. Lesnar is healthier now than when he fought Overeem so whoever offers biggest payday be it UFC, WWE or Bellator Brock will go there....... and I will watch like most people will.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Brock had 7 fights in the UFC, 4 of those are in the top 10 PPV earnings of all time. There is no doubt given the chance Brock would come back to the UFC for a few big pay checks and the UFC would be equally as glad to have him back to put asses on seats and sell PPV's. The guy is a serious athlete and a genuine threat to the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Brock has shown interest in coming back to the UFC. He will always be a draw wherever he goes and he loves money. I think people forget because Lesnar has done so much that he's only 37 which is the same age as Mark Munoz who fought last night and who just signed a new 4 fight contract. Lesnar is healthier now than when he fought Overeem so whoever offers biggest payday be it UFC, WWE or Bellator Brock will go there....... and I will watch like most people will.

I would assume WWE can offer far more money than either the UFC or Bellator, especially when you consider the huge cut from all the merchandise he shifts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Brock is defo coming back. Dana said at the Welcome to the Show, Post fight Press conference and many times before

"When Brocks contract runs out I'm sure he'll call me"

Seems delighted when he's asked about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I dunno, with more serious drug tests lesnar mightn't want to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Dtp1979 wrote: »

I don't think he needs any more tbh, pretty sure he's had enough at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Just read Bellator filed injunction to stop Rampage fighting at UFC186

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

That_Guy wrote: »

Ah that sucks. He's always the best character in any of the Embedded Vlogs leading up to each fight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I said a few times before that Burt Watson annoys the hell outa me with his corny catch phrases and strut like he owns the place. Trying to be everyones best buddies and forced laughing. He said before in some interview couple years ago he isnt even a fan of mma which i found surprising.

Ken V Kimbo bellator in june :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TommyOM

Dtp1979 wrote: »

In fairness I don't think Brock was juicing. You can see how he got noticably softer and smaller when he was in the UFC compared to when he was outside it. The guy is already so big that gaining any more muscle would seriously affect his cardio and ability to make weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

In fairness I don't think Brock was juicing. You can see how he got noticably softer and smaller when he was in the UFC compared to when he was outside it. The guy is already so big that gaining any more muscle would seriously affect his cardio and ability to make weight.

Well he had to cut to hit the 265 heavyweight limit.

Normally long time users would simply stop using , rather switch substances, to make different changes in their bodies. Long time abuse reeks havoc on your own bodies ability to make testosterone, resulting in so many guys jumping on TRT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

• Registered Users Posts: 39,320 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    TUF 21 will be ATT V Blackzillians - http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/28/8126727/tuf-21-features-american-top-team-vs-blackzilians-with-500k-on-the

Its suppose to be up and comers; Steve Carl is hardly an up and comer?
    TUF isn't specifically up and comers. It's for fighters who haven't been signed. Even fighters previously signed.
    I think people forget because Lesnar has done so much that he's only 37 which is the same age as Mark Munoz who fought last night and who just signed a new 4 fight contract.

Only 37? lol
    Name 5 other fighters who are 36-38. What sort of condition are they in, compared to say 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Mellor wrote: »
    TUF isn't specifically up and comers. It's for fighters who haven't been signed. Even fighters previously signed.

Only 37? lol
    Name 5 other fighters who are 36-38. What sort of condition are they in, compared to say 5 years ago.
    Lyoto, Lombard, mitreone, hunt, vitor, & josh Thompson would be decent examples of older fighters still in good shape.

Mellor wrote: »

Ah no I know that but they said in the advert it was up and comers from ATT & Blackzillians is what I was getting at; either was I don't think Carl would be good enough for the UFC it was just weird seeing someone as experienced as him on TUF. The more I think about it there is a good few other examples like.Lauzon & Nelson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ASOT wrote: »
    Ah no I know that but they said in the advert it was up and comers from ATT & Blackzillians is what I was getting at; either was I don't think Carl would be good enough for the UFC it was just weird seeing someone as experienced as him on TUF. The more I think about it there is a good few other examples like.Lauzon & Nelson.

Or the Entire cast of Season 4.

Or the Entire cast of Season 4.

Its been a long long time since we've seen a quality cast on TUF like the earlier seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 39,320 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Lyoto, Lombard, mitreone, hunt, vitor, & josh Thompson would be decent examples of older fighters still in good shape.
    Lyoto: 5 years ago he 16-0 and the LHW champ
    Lombard: LOL :pac:
    Vitor: There'e a fairly big asterisk nest to his name tbf.
    Hunt: I'll give you that one. Renaissance Man.
    Meathead: He's doing alright, but can't cut it with top HWs
    Thompson: 2-4 in his last 6. Has lost 2 on the trot. He's still in good nick but he's past his best.

Being in good shape is one thing, but I specifically mentioned comparing to 5 years ago for a reason. We are talking about Lesnar and the HW division. It's very shallow, and being in good shape wouldn't cut it. He needs to be close to his best if he's gonna attempt to get near a fight with Cain/Verdum. A rubber match with Mir or prehaps a rematch with Overeem is off the cards right now too.

I'd love to see another TUF comeback series

• Registered Users Posts: 3 skeletor145

the blackzillans vs att looks amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Haven't looked at the roster yet. But Blackzillians should murder them. Camp full of savages with Henri Hooft coaching?

Forget about it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement