Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Rhonda is the MMA 'Queen' - If she's fighting anyone it'll be on her terms and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dillashaw injured.... Ugh, DJ/Horiguchi the new main event for 186. Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Because you used BJ fighting GSP as an example. BJ wanted to challenge for GSP's belt.

This fight should be for the title. And the only that could possibly on the line is the 135 belt.

Cyborg is a known drugs cheat. Any guesses as to why she "can't" make 135? She just doesn't want to as she will have the biggest possible advantage at a higher weight.

If she can make 140, she can make 135!

Do you think there should be a womens 145 pound division in the UFC? They are both world champions. Of the interviews I've seen from Cyborg, I haven't heard her mention 135, always 140. I think it's the fairest way to have a contest between them. We can agree to disagree though, the forum seems pretty split on it.

One things for certain though, it's the only fight that will even be a contest for Ronda. She will destroy Bethe Correia and all the other 135ers for the foreseeable future. For that reason alone, I couldn't care less if there's a title on the line or not. It's a superfight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Do you think there should be a womens 145 pound division in the UFC? They are both world champions. Of the interviews I've seen from Cyborg, I haven't heard her mention 135, always 140. I think it's the fairest way to have a contest between them. We can agree to disagree though, the forum seems pretty split on it.

One things for certain though, it's the only fight that will even be a contest for Ronda. She will destroy Bethe Correia and all the other 135ers for the foreseeable future. For that reason alone, I couldn't care less if there's a title on the line or not. It's a superfight.

I'm not sure about a 145 division. If you asked me to name 145 lb female fighters i'd be able to name one, Cyborg. That's about it. No point making an entire division for one fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I'm not sure about a 145 division. If you asked me to name 145 lb female fighters i'd be able to name one, Cyborg. That's about it. No point making an entire division for one fight.

Yeah in fairness the 145/featherweight division in invicta is pretty limited.

I'd sooner see the Ufc introduce a women's 125 division. Lot of talent there in fairness. And one where Aisling Daly would feel more at home also I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ais has lost her fight in Poland, Gadelha has pulled out with an injury :(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Yea that sucks... :( Just wondering if they will try put her on the 189 Card or something?

Its really weird that they havnt announced any other fights on the card yet. I cant wait to see whats on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Seery due to be at media event. Would guess that means he will have a fight announced for 189

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

scudzilla wrote: »
    Ais has lost her fight in Poland, Gadelha has pulled out with an injury :(

Gadelha pulled out with an "Injury". Pretty convinient timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,321 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MarkJD wrote: »
    Its really weird that they havnt announced any other fights on the card yet. I cant wait to see whats on there.
    It's fairly common 3 months out to not have a complete main card.
    ASOT wrote: »
    Gadelha pulled out with an "Injury". Pretty convinient timing.
    I'm not sure I follow what your saying here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Apparently Gadelha posted she is pulling out with a muscle spasm, then deleted her post and said she was looking forward to the fight as Ais was talking $hit about her just like Conor about Brazil. Raging the fight is off as it would have catapulted Ais up the rankings with a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

The tweet is gone yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭xtal191

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Apparently Gadelha posted she is pulling out with a muscle spasm, then deleted her post and said she was looking forward to the fight as Ais was talking $hit about her just like Conor about Brazil. Raging the fight is off as it would have catapulted Ais up the rankings with a win.

Do you think Ais would've won? Gadelha is pretty good and could've easily got that decision over Jędrzejczyk.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

xtal191 wrote: »
    Do you think Ais would've won? Gadelha is pretty good and could've easily got that decision over Jędrzejczyk.

I think she'd have a great chance on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭xtal191

I like Ais a lot and I think she'll have a great career in the UFC, once she has no more weight issues. It's a very tough division though, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think she'll break top 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I don't think she had a hope. Gadelha beat the champ imo and she'll probably get a title shot soon.

I'm not sure about that. Ais is a great grappler but that's Gadelha's strength imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

No harm to her but I think there's often some green tinted glasses here when talking about Ais.

Good fighter, seems like a great girl, but never going to be a champ imo, nor even a contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Apparently she's gonna be facing Randa Markos at ufc186.
    It's being reported by Severe mma.
    Tough fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Apparently she's gonna be facing Randa Markos at ufc186.
    It's being reported by Severe mma.
    Tough fight.

As Ais says herself, not much tougher than Gadelha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Teddy Holder just got bumped to the co-main event of WSOF 19. Hamill got sick and Teddy will face UFC veteran Thiago Silva on 4 hours notice

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Glover Teixeira V Alex Gustaffson is the main event for UFC Berlin in June.

meh,

Gusty wins, and nothing changes
    Glover wins, and it stagnants the already slow division.

#InRumbleWeTrust

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Mellor wrote: »
    meh,

Gusty wins, and nothing changes
    Glover wins, and it stagnants the already slow division.

#InRumbleWeTrust

But that is the point. Give Cormier and Gus fights they should win 9 times out of 10 so the options are open for the next Jones fight (assuming he wins).

The missus has been dying to go to Berlin for a while now. Might just head over in June :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Belive it when its announced

but1er wrote: »
    Belive it when its announced

When is Paddy's Day this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The missus has been dying to go to Berlin for a while now. Might just head over in June :D

Myself and the missus have been wanting to visit Germany for a while, it's a great excuse. How's the market there, would it sell out quickly?

• Advertisement

Ush1 wrote: »
    Myself and the missus have been wanting to visit Germany for a while, it's a great excuse. How's the market there, would it sell out quickly?

Not sure but I doubt it as i'm not expecting a amazing card. Gus v Glover is a half decent fight, but no big German name in the main to sell it. Hopefully it shouldn't sell out too soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement