Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Berlin card says May 31st so does this sound like they are holding it back so its early hours of Sunday morning European time?.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

califano wrote: »
    Berlin card says May 31st so does this sound like they are holding it back so its early hours of Sunday morning European time?.

The Berlin event is on June 20th, you sure you arent looking at last years event in Berlin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Axwell wrote: »
    The Berlin event is on June 20th, you sure you arent looking at last years event in Berlin?

agggh your right i was looking at the 2014 from a google search!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Judge grants an injunction stopping Rampage from fighting for UFC

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Judge grants an injunction stopping Rampage from fighting for UFC

Could the winner of Manuwa's fight (depending on outcome/amount of damage sustained) make a quick turn around and fight Maldonado instead?

Surely the UFC have to have had a replacement just in case the court case went against them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

https://twitter.com/SkySports/status/585473778710409216

Sky Sports advertising UFC. BT's deal is up in 2016.

https://twitter.com/BensonHenderson/status/585475000850866177

Fair play to Bendo, taking the Cowboy approach again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

A UFC PPV with Johnson vs Horiguchi as main event and Bisping v CB Dolloway Co main... Jaysus

dulux99 wrote: »
    A UFC PPV with Johnson vs Horiguchi as main event and Bisping v CB Dolloway Co main... Jaysus

Original was

TJ v Dillashaw
    Johnson v Horiguchi
    Rory v Lombard

UFC 184 and 186 both decimated. Hope 187, 188 and 189 are okay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

pretty funny video of Mc Donald and Lawler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljzHAuK_ZMI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Im starting to like benson hen, i feel so dirty!

Pendred said he would take the Bendo fight and he agreed. Doubt there is anyway the ufc will move him off the mexico card though. Masdival also wants to fight bendo

Thats a terrible fight for pendred to take!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Beersmith wrote: »

as is nearly any fight he takes from here on in unless he has done some serious work on that non existent stand up

No id argue thats a terrible fight for him instead of a mid ranked usual WW

• Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I think most fights are bad for Pendred at this stage, his 3 less than impressive wins so far have left him needing to face someone decent soon and anyone decent will wreck him imo.

Henderson would have been an even worse opponent than most though, getting beaten by a LW would really not look good as Brandon Thatch can testify.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Beersmith wrote: »

Pendred would be bigger alright but that advantage would be negated by how incredibly faster Henderson would be. Don't think Pendred would gas like Thatch and I doubt Henderson would get him down but he would just buzz around him landing shots from distance and thoroughly outpoint him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Henderson would have been an even worse opponent than most though, getting beaten by a LW would really not look good as Brandon Thatch can testify.

Not really, I reckon he's much more respected at WW after that win. Nobody is good for Pendred from here on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Bendo v Masvidal at 170 is a hell of a fight, Bendo v Pendred? not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Davei141 wrote: »
    Bendo v Masvidal at 170 is a hell of a fight, Bendo v Pendred? not so much.

Pendred will be steamrolled; I will leave the forum forever and donate 100 to charity if that fight goes ahead and he wins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

ASOT wrote: »
    Pendred will be steamrolled; I will leave the forum forever and donate 100 to charity if that fight goes ahead and he wins.

I would happily match this offer. Pendred is a bit special in the head if he thinks that he has half a chance at even getting the OK for this fight...

He's in the top three worst fighters on the UFC roster. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, appealing about his fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

In other news massive respect for Nate Quarry after this - http://whoatv.com/19-year-old-with-down-syndrome-to-take-on-nate-quarry/ ; and of course Jake too for working his ass off training!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

ASOT wrote: »
    In other news massive respect for Nate Quarry after this - http://whoatv.com/19-year-old-with-down-syndrome-to-take-on-nate-quarry/ ; and of course Jake too for working his ass off training!

Less of a mismatch than Pendred v Bendo.

I would happily match this offer. Pendred is a bit special in the head if he thinks that he has half a chance at even getting the OK for this fight...

He's in the top three worst fighters on the UFC roster. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, appealing about his fights.
    He may not be the greatest but saying he is one of the 3 worst fighters is ridiculous. Typical begrudgery.

I for one would be happy to see him get a named fighter. Yeah he would lose to Bendo but it would get his name more recognition

He may not be the greatest but saying he is one of the 3 worst fighters is ridiculous. Typical begrudgery.

words1.jpg

I think it means exactly what i think it means

resentment of any person who has achieved success - Some Irish People seem to hate the fact that Pendred is 3-0 in the UFC. They may have been close fights but at the end of the day he has been successful so far and people here resent that

McGregor is the biggest Irish MMA success story out there. Neil Seery is doing great, Paddy Holohan mixed but promising.

I don't criticise them even though Seery and Holohan have worse UFC records.

I'm not criticising Pendred because he is a successful Irishman and I'm a "begrudger". I'm criticising him because I think he could just as easily be 0-3 as 3-0. A combination of luck, crappy opponents and dodgy judging has taken him to an unrealistic position in the division.

In fairness he showed no little amount of heart and determination in the King fight, but it's not unrealistic to speculate that he won't be in the UFC in 2 years time. He's simply not good enough and probably never will. His wrestling is good by European standards but not up to the cream of the US and his striking is shocking.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    McGregor is the biggest Irish MMA success story out there. Neil Seery is doing great, Paddy Holohan mixed but promising.

I don't criticise them even though Seery and Holohan have worse UFC records.

I'm not criticising Pendred because he is a successful Irishman and I'm a "begrudger". I'm criticising him because I think he could just as easily be 0-3 as 3-0. A combination of luck, crappy opponents and dodgy judging has taken him to an unrealistic position in the division.

In fairness he showed no little amount of heart and determination in the King fight, but it's not unrealistic to speculate that he won't be in the UFC in 2 years time. He's simply not good enough and probably never will. His wrestling is good by European standards but not up to the cream of the US and his striking is shocking.

Exactly what he said!

I agree he hasnt been great. I just dont agree with stuff like that he is one of the 3 worst fighters on the roster. I would like to see all the Irish fighters do well, I have no problem with people criticizing his wins but some people take it a step too far.

• Advertisement

On that I agree, I'm sure there are 3 worse fighters on the roster. But I also think that Pendred is on borrowed time until he gets found (and knocked) out.

PS, excuse the pic attachment, my work IT has decided that they are blocking the UFC 189 thread as they are filtering it under "gambling"??? So I'm attaching this here, will link the image on my phone browser, adding attachments with the phone is a pain in the hoop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement