Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭conor678

Dos Santos vs Velasquez fight on UFC's debut on fox (http://mmajunkie.com/news/25064/cain-velasquez-vs-junior-dos-santos-headlines-ufcs-debut-on-fox.mma)
    UFC going big time for fox, probably the Begin of the end of free events over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

conor678 wrote: »
    Dos Santos vs Velasquez fight on UFC's debut on fox (http://mmajunkie.com/news/25064/cain-velasquez-vs-junior-dos-santos-headlines-ufcs-debut-on-fox.mma)
    UFC going big time for fox, probably the Begin of the end of free events over here!

So long as there's an interweb there'll be free events ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

A good fight to put on FOX. Pretty much guaranteed to be a barnstormer and most likely have a decisive finish.

Plus the average joe just loves them heavyweights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

It's a big step on the road that the average Joe on the street being able to name the UFC (what will be perceived as the world) Heavyweight champion, as people have known in years gone by who the Heavyweight boxing champ of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

conor678 wrote: »

How has this got anything to do with PPV events here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

DrPhilG wrote: »
    How has this got anything to do with PPV events here?

nothing but some people will be forever pessimists

silvaownschael.png

haha

Tickets on sale next week for UFC 138 in Birmingham

* Chris Leben vs. Mark Munoz
    * Renan Barao vs. Brad Pickett
    * Anthony Njokuani vs. Paul Taylor
    * Papy Abedi vs. Thiago Alves
    * Terry Etim vs. Edward Faaloloto
    * Matt Brown vs. John Hathaway
    * Michihiro Omigawa vs. Jason Young
    * Cyrille Diabate vs. Anthony Perosh
    * Chris Cope vs. Che Mills
    * James Head vs. Mark Scanlon
    * Chris Cariaso vs. Vaughan Lee
    * Philip De Fries vs. TBA

Very poor card IMO, considering they're gonna be charging full whack

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Its a strange card, if you added a proper headlining fight it would be pretty good but as it is its only fight night quality.. and don't forget the inevitable injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

It's a decent card and I reckon there could be some great finishes. But it's not a card thats gonna make you desperate to head over to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

Xlami wrote: »
    It's a decent card.

Its a card , thats all im happy about :p

Its a card , thats all im happy about :p

Thats true yeah, but IMO the BAMMA cards haven't been too far off the last couple of UFC cards in the UK. I reckon they could surpass them in the next year if the UFC doesn't improve the European cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

Thats true yeah, but IMO the BAMMA cards haven't been too far off the last couple of UFC cards in the UK. I reckon they could surpass them in the next year if the UFC doesn't improve the European cards.

I agree this is the time for local promotions to step up .

Going on from the twitter exchange above between Sonnen & Silva, Sonnen replied with

"@bigfootsilva, I want to tell you a joke so funny it will make your head grow. It goes like this..Oh wait, I see you have already heard it."

kinda poor response IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Sanchez is out against Hughes, he broke his hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Wikipedia already has Josh Kosheck down as Sanchez' replacement. That will be an interesting fight if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Wikipedia already has Josh Kosheck down as Sanchez' replacement. That will be an interesting fight if it happens.

As far as MMA is concerned, i think it's safe to say wikipedia has NEVER been a good source! Especially since the source on Wiki is UFC.com, which has no information of the sort listed for this!

However, having looked it up there are various sources saying Kos has in fact replaced Diego :p

Be an interesting fight, I still think it's a shame the UFC never made Fitch Vs Hughes.

Bj Penn is reporting that koscheck is stepping in,can't see Hughes beating him

UFC holding event in Japan next Feb.

Wonder how the matchups will compare to UK cards :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Devastator wrote: »
    UFC holding event in Japan next Feb.

Wonder how the matchups will compare to UK cards :confused:

I try not to even compare other international cards to the UK cards now, it's a depressing story :( I do agree with the person who said it's time for the local promos to step up, BAMMA are doing extremely well especially.

i think they will put on an awesome card in japan with some big name fighters, could be some old school pride with a current champion also on the card

Japan could be a huge market given the reputation mma has there after pride

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Dana White just tweeted Brock Lesnars return to the Octagan... Dec 30th Brock Lesnar Vs Alistair Overeem

Linky

Big fight draw wise I'd imagine!

slayerking wrote: »
    Dana White just tweeted Brock Lesnars return to the Octagan... Dec 30th Brock Lesnar Vs Alistair Overeem

Linky

NOT a good match up for Brock, especially as he don't like being hit!!

scudzilla wrote: »
    slayerking wrote: »

Linky

NOT a good match up for Brock, especially as he don't like being hit!!

that can go the other way too,Brock takin him down and pounding his face into mat.

i think overeem is over hyped. will be lookin forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Overeem will retire Lesnar. Overeem has a savage guillotine and is a decent submission artist. Lesnar has no chance, he will finally be found out once and for all and MMA can breath a sigh of relief.

Overeem will retire Lesnar. Overeem has a savage guillotine and is a decent submission artist. Lesnar has no chance, he will finally be found out once and for all and MMA can breath a sigh of relief.

Lesner gets way too much of a hard time,he's had little.experience but has beaten randy,mir & carwin. hope he wins

Great fight, really hope it happens. Also looks on twitter as if Guida Vs Bendo will be on the Fox card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Great fight, really hope it happens. Also looks on twitter as if Guida Vs Bendo will be on the Fox card.

That's a serious card already, Guida v Bendo is almost certain to be FOTN.

In other news, Koscheck or Fitch will be replacing Sanchez to fight Matt Hughes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Yea, all those humongous PPV buyrates were a real burden for the sport...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement