Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭edward2222

Lets pause this thread for a while...
    Because I just want to ask...
    Is there anyone here is excited in May 2?
    MayPac Fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Brown/Diaz off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

edward2222 wrote: »
    Lets pause this thread for a while...
    Because I just want to ask...
    Is there anyone here is excited in May 2?
    MayPac Fight?

Funnily enough there's big interest in this fight over here..........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=568

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Brown/Diaz off!!

Hhhmmmm why do I think this has something to do with Nathaniel....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Brown/Diaz off!!

Fúck sake. Where did you see that?

EDIT: See it now. Disgusted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭edward2222

John_D80 wrote: »
    Funnily enough there's big interest in this fight over here..........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=568

ohow!!! thanks bro..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Interesting listening to Mark Coleman on mma hour, hope he makes a full recovery, good to see people are helping him out with donations.

http://www.gofundme.com/SaveTheHammer

Seen a couple of Irish donations on there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Phil Davis has signed for Bellator. Never ever rated him. He also said this :

“I can’t wait to be fighting in Bellator and wreck shop on everyone,” Davis stated. “I am the absolute best and most dominant grappler to ever fight in MMA, and I’m excited to get in there and compete at my new home.”

...bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

dulux99 wrote: »

“I can’t wait to be fighting in Bellator and wreck shop on everyone,” Davis stated. “I am the absolute best and most dominant grappler to ever fight in MMA, and I’m excited to get in there and compete at my new home.”

...bizarre
    Ye real dominate. Nearly all his ufc wins were decisions and he's losses were to grapplers. He really wrecked shop didnt he

1 less dry humper is fine by me.

• Advertisement

Nate Diaz "Cmon McGregor, call me out, not that no-named Dos Anjos"

He's a gas man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

dulux99 wrote: »

...bizarre

I know it takes alot of guts to get into the octagon but he comes across as a pussy, always running away from the fight, at least from what Ive seen in his last 3+ fights

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ye real dominate. Nearly all his ufc wins were decisions and he's losses were to grapplers. He really wrecked shop didnt he
    Rumble threw him around like a Lion playing with a half dead baby antelope

• Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Didn't even know he had left the UFC tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

http://podcastone.com/chaelsonnen

Chael has Douglas Crosby on who scored the Masvidal/Al fight 30-27 Masvidal and basicslly asks him was he trained etc then he loses the rag at the 28m mark and gets really agro.... Understand where he's coming form your man is an absolute bellend.
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    Didn't even know he had left the UFC tbh.

His fight v Bader was the last of his contract; personally I like Davis.... But he can be very boring. Has pulled off some very nice sub's though.

slightly OT but which Joe Rogan podcasts are 'not to miss'/standouts? I really liked the recent episode with Josh Barnett. Louis Theroux is my favorite so far, it doesn't necessarily have to be mma related

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

slightly OT but which Joe Rogan podcasts are 'not to miss'/standouts? I really liked the recent episode with Josh Barnett. Louis Theroux is my favorite so far, it doesn't necessarily have to be mma related

Not 100% what your looking for but yotube Joe rogan watches the internet; people have cut all the clips from his various podcasts and made them into a few videos there pretty amazing.

ASOT wrote: »
    Not 100% what your looking for but yotube Joe rogan watches the internet; people have cut all the clips from his various podcasts and made them into a few videos there pretty amazing.

thanks but Im looking to download full episodes to listen to, rather than watch

thanks but Im looking to download full episodes to listen to, rather than watch

Dan Hardy, War Machine (cos he's such a lunatic), Dana White, and Jimmy Smith are all good MMA related ones, off the top of my head. Especially Dan Hardy. He's one cool f*cker.

None MMA ones, I'd say both Jim Jefferies podcasts, the first Ms Pat, and Neil DeGrasse Tyson ones are all excellent.

I used to listen to JRE alot because of all the commuting I do, but I feel they've lost their way a bit recently.

the episode with Brian Cox is pretty good if you like Neil DeGrasse Tyson, tho Joe got carried away a bit with his pondering a couple of times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    http://podcastone.com/chaelsonnen

Chael has Douglas Crosby on who scored the Masvidal/Al fight 30-27 Masvidal and basicslly asks him was he trained etc then he loses the rag at the 28m mark and gets really agro.... Understand where he's coming form your man is an absolute bellend.

He's also had Wayne McCullough, apologetically in response to his comments.

Just listened to the judge, what a knob. Wouldn't answer the questions and just laughing, if he had a genuine knowledge of MMA he wouldn't of behaved like that.

Excellent news that Catherine Costigan will be fighting in Vegas July 10th for Invicta.

http://severemma.com/2015/04/invicta-fc-president-confirms-catherine-costigan-to-fight-on-july-10th-in-las-vegas/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Excellent news that Catherine Costigan will be fighting in Vegas July 10th for Invicta.

http://severemma.com/2015/04/invicta-fc-president-confirms-catherine-costigan-to-fight-on-july-10th-in-las-vegas/
    Definitely going to have to get my friend to suck it up and go now. He hates WMMA. But with no TUF finale in Vegas on the Sunday, I'll be damned if I'm missing the Invicta event!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Louis Theroux one was great.

Also really liked the one with Josh McDermitt (Eugene from The Walking Dead)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

For me, personally, it's all about the guest. I can take or leave Mr. Rogan.

Off the top of my head,

Prof. Brian Cox (Great episode, added bonus of JR trying to prove he's smart while Cox is just effortless)

Anything featuring Joey Diaz. That man has lived some life and the stories he comes out with are hilarious. His latest video doing a running commentary of Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris is priceless.

As a someone who trains BJJ and is really interested in it, the Eddie Bravo pieces are great. Two standouts: Eddie Bravo doing a step-by-step of his Metamoris match vs. Royler and the Rickson Gracie & Eddie Bravo podcast.

The Victor Conte episode where Victor basically talks about how he got people PEDs and got them in to big competitions like the Olympics. Absolutely eye opening stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Oh that Chael podcast was so bad, had to skip all that judge, nice to hear Wayne, he is a gent, sparred with him after Olympics as a young enough buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MagicIRL wrote: »
    As a someone who trains BJJ and is really interested in it, the Eddie Bravo pieces are great. Two standouts: Eddie Bravo doing a step-by-step of his Metamoris match vs. Royler and the Rickson Gracie & Eddie Bravo podcast.

The Victor Conte episode where Victor basically talks about how he got people PEDs and got them in to big competitions like the Olympics. Absolutely eye opening stuff.
    Yeah those are some of my standouts too. Prob for the same reasons ;)
    The metamorris one was great. And was also great to see Rickson being all about grappling and not the Gracie bravado BS you get from the rest of the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Best JRE podcasts imo are: Enson Inoue, Chael, GSP, Jim Jeffries, Charlie Murphy, Dana and Joey Diaz. Some have been on multiple times.

He has on an awful amount of 'comedians' however that have not made me laugh in a full 3 hour podcast. Also some very snooty, boring people on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I like the podcast with Justin Wren, he was in the TUF house with Schaub and Roy Nelson

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote: »
    Best JRE podcasts imo are: Enson Inoue, Chael, GSP, Jim Jeffries, Charlie Murphy, Dana and Joey Diaz. Some have been on multiple times.

He has on an awful amount of 'comedians' however that have not made me laugh in a full 3 hour podcast. Also some very snooty, boring people on too.

Agreed. I know they're pals of his, but the likes of Duncan Trussell and Ari Shaffir are about as funny as a kick in the balls.

Also, any of the podcasts with Bill Burr and Jim Norton. Absolutely love those ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement