Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

She wont.

It was a mistake and unlikely to happen again. You win or you learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Surprised that people still talk down about Vanzant so much after her performance on Saturday. She outpaced and outworked Herrig for the three rounds, beat her up the whole fight and Herrig is no slouch.

I think the jury is still out on Daly in terms of where she is in the division and where she is in her career. She has that sloppiness that has been so recognisable in the women's game but more and more of them have tightened up a lot. The likes of Namajunas, Jedrzejczyk and a few others seem like a new breed. I'm 100% behind Daly and I know she's a great fighter but the competition is very stiff in that division, she'll need to be improved/improving all the time to really make an impression there in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Surprised that people still talk down about Vanzant so much after her performance on Saturday. She outpaced and outworked Herrig for the three rounds, beat her up the whole fight and Herrig is no slouch.

I think the jury is still out on Daly in terms of where she is in the division and where she is in her career. She has that sloppiness that has been so recognisable in the women's game but more and more of them have tightened up a lot. The likes of Namajunas, Jedrzejczyk and a few others seem like a new breed. I'm 100% behind Daly and I know she's a great fighter but the competition is very stiff in that division, she'll need to be improved/improving all the time to really make an impression there in my opinion.

Anyone would decent BJJ would have been able to submit PVZ with the positions she gave up. They were numerous submission attempts their for Herrig but she was either hurt or had no energy. If I was Ais i'd call out PVZ if she wins tomorrow night because she'd submit her in a round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭xtal191

I'm sure the UFC and Dana will do their very best to protect PVZ and build her up for a title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Due to how crap the PPV numbers are for the Flyweight title i can see the next one being in Europe, kills 2 birds with 1 stone, Zuffa will say "There ya go, you wanted a title fight" and they don't have to take a huge hit on PPV in the U.S

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Due to how crap the PPV numbers are for the Flyweight title i can see the next one being in Europe, kills 2 birds with 1 stone, Zuffa will say "There ya go, you wanted a title fight" and they don't have to take a huge hit on PPV in the U.S

I'd imagine the womans strawweight will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

If Ais wins tonight then I could absolutely imagine Daly vs Joana Jedrejczek (?) as the headliner for ufc Dublin in October. Some craic that would be!

Jon Jones out of UFC 187 apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Jon Jones out of UFC 187 apparently.

Any indications about what this "legal issue" could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SeanFrank

Well that sucks. Card was too good to be true.

Sounds like something serious is happening though - especially if Chael knew about it 1 month in advance ...

http://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/30vgf9/the_bad_guy/cpw5upx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ball....sack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Any indications about what this "legal issue" could be?

Domestic violence seems to be the most prevalent rumour that's doing the rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

For fuck sake. :(

Domestic violence seems to be the most prevalent rumour that's doing the rounds.

He could ask AJ about beating that......charge.

Reading rumours that he's in serious trouble with the law.

SeanFrank wrote: »
    Well that sucks. Card was too good to be true.

Sounds like something serious is happening though - especially if Chael knew about it 1 month in advance ...

http://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/30vgf9/the_bad_guy/cpw5upx

https://twitter.com/sonnench/status/592420738130419712

6a207d4191344519af0337cdfd384c3c.png

Jaysus...

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Jaysus...

Not even he could help him now

This is a crazy situation. Front row Brian is rarely wrong.

• Advertisement

Not even he could help him now

AYOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

If that's true id be fairly confident he's going to do some form of prison time.

How could something so big be kept quiet for so long? If Chael was so confident of the fight not happening s month ago. Also surely the UFC have planned for the worst here?

How could something so big be kept quiet for so long? If Chael was so confident of the fight not happening s month ago. Also surely the UFC have planned for the worst here?

It only just happened tonight by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

So who will replace Jones for the interm title while all this mess is sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

JJayoo wrote: »

Shur that's why they brought rampage back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Damn, I was really looking forward to that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

JJayoo wrote: »

Cormier is due to fight 2 weeks after 187, if JBJ is in deep trouble they should bump Cormier forward to fight Rumble for the title.

Some talk now that it might be a different person arrested, and Jon Jones might not be involved. No confirmation of anything yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

A - what a gobshlte.

B - do the UFC have to take a long hard look at their actions after his first coke issue? They let him off bloody lightly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement