Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Such a scumbag. Dana needs to do the right thing here and terminate his contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Apparently the albequerque police have confirmed that nobody named Jon or Jonathan is currently in custody... Hopefully that's the case! Usually there's no smoke without fire in these cases however

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

FrontRowBrian®(@FrontRowBrian) tweeted at 2015-04-27 00:14:
    UPDATE- I jumped the gun regarding the Jon Jones. Got caught up in the story. Not enough information for me to make the claims I did.

FrontRowBrian®(@FrontRowBrian) tweeted at 2015-04-27 00:14:
    Jon Jones is NOT in custody. All I can confirm is that Jon was involved in a car accident and we’ll have to see how it plays out.

Uhoh... I imagine FRB could be in a spot of bother himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Jones going full Mayweather. Supreme talent but all evidence points to him being a d%ck.

If it's domestic violence Dana will be under big pressure to cut him from the roster given what happened with Ray Rice and the NFL. Then again Bellator probably won't have many scruples and open the chequebook. Difficult business and ethical decision for the UFC.

Jones could cement his status as an all time great, but seems determined to throw it away. If he's a genuine domestic abuser (he's entitled to his presumed innocence and day in court) maybe prison is the best cough medicine for him.

EDIT: There you go, I retract the above. Go's to show you shouldn't trust the Twitter rumour mill. Apologies to JJ, not that he's reading this!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yurt! wrote: »
    Jones going full Mayweather. Supreme talent but all evidence points to him being a d%ck.

If it's domestic violence Dana will be under big pressure to cut him from the roster given what happened with Ray Rice and the NFL. Then again Bellator probably won't have many scruples and open the chequebook. Difficult business and ethical decision for the UFC.

Jones could cement his status as an all time great, but seems determined to throw it away. If he's a genuine domestic abuser (he's entitled to his presumed innocence and day in court) maybe prison is the best cough medicine for him.

EDIT: There you go, I retract the above. Go's to show you shouldn't trust the Twitter rumour mill. Apologies to JJ, not that he's reading this!
    The rumour involved a car crash and cocaine. Where did you pull domestic violence out of?

• Advertisement

It would be pretty funny if Jones was was the victim, hit by a driver high on coke and the fight is off as he is injured.

Mellor wrote: »
    The rumour involved a car crash and cocaine. Where did you pull domestic violence out of?

That was some of the stuff flying around on twitter and reddit earlier when the story broke. Mea culpa, I was a dummy for reposting it and apologies to Jon Jones again.

If the mods think it appropriate I can remove the post.

Ah don't think Jones' posts much here since he was banned for having a go at El Guapo

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This is why I hate Twitter sometimes. For all it's usefulness the speculation that gets thrown out as fact is very annoying. Until a statement is released or facts have been divulged, I don't think people should be jumping the gun on anything.

He's wanted for questioning involving a hit and run. Where a women was taken to hospital.
    Not in custody right now.
    Reports of drugs found, being under the influence, were false.
    -Source: Abq PD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Now officially named as a suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Panic E

Whats the deal with this dude and car crashes?

Sounds bad alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I hope it's not serious, if only for the fact that I really want to see the day where someone completely destroys him in the Octagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

He's ducking Rumble bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Does reek of hiding out until being clean, taking any substance even beer a few weeks out from a fight wouldn't be the message White wants out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

dickwod1 wrote: »

John's a nice guy he deeply regrets what he did, as a way of owning up to his actions he will go to a cell for one night. Can see dana coming out with this ha ha

John looks like a right scumbag with no regard for others. Dana is passed selling him as any good guy he just wants him to turn up for fight week and pull in decent ppv numbers.

Ariel Helwani on Twitter:

New information on Jones story coming to @MMAFighting. Police report claiming there was a marijuana pipe + marijuana in car. He fled scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow, I'll be buying Reebok instead of Nike in future, run Jon run!!!

At least it's not coke again. As much as I dislike him, he's some character :pac:

• Advertisement

Very annoying given the huge fight that would have been...

For all of his incredible ability he really is a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I wonder if it will come to light that "a friend" borrowed his car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Why wouldn't he grab the weed and pipe before he went running. What a gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Or you know just drive away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

TimRiggins wrote: »

He was extremely stoned.

I know the whole thing isn't funny and I'm glad the pregnant lady is ok, but it cracks me up that he supposedly ran back to grab a big bag of money.

Interesting times again Dana will be livid with today's revelations one night in a hotel talking about his partying won't cut it this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/12773899/ufc-champion-jon-jones-identified-lead-suspect-hit-run-albuquerque-new-mexico

"an off-duty police officer identified Jones, 27, fleeing the scene on foot of a three-car accident in southeast Albuquerque. ..

According to the police report, witnesses saw a man fitting Jones' description leave the site of the accident, stop, return to the car to grab a "large handful of cash" and then run from the scene.

Tixier identified the vehicle Jones left behind as a rental. A marijuana pipe with marijuana inside it was found in the car. No other drugs were found"

Any confirmation that the fight is off/on?

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »
    Any confirmation that the fight is off/on?

Nothing yet but you'd have to imagine it's off at this stage. It's still a strong card but it's fúcking annoying that one of the biggest fights of the year is likely to be called off.

Surely he's got to be cut. A low-mid level fighter would be dropped instantly. One of the UFC's supposed poster boys and a big face/name as champion. This is not a good image for the sport especially since there's been previous.

It's quite sad really.

EDIT: He's in big trouble now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement