Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Aw man, I thought you were joking!! :pac::mad::(:confused::eek: I'm in a glass box of emotion!!

Who does he fight now? Dariush wouldn't be a bad fight. On a 4 fight winning streak so possibly deserves a crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

That_Guy wrote: »
    Who does he fight now? Dariush wouldn't be a bad fight. On a 4 fight winning streak so possibly deserves a crack.

Masvidal and Thomson have both showed interest in it.

Good fights but Cowboy has nothing to gain and everything to lose in them

Shame that Jury/Pettis and Iaquinta are all booked up right now. Pettis would have been the obvious choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm waiting for Conor to throw his hat in, would be a cracking fight and he'd still be set for a title fight at FW. I'm sure Dana would have a fit though if he got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Take Cowboy off the card, give him the title shot. Replace with: I dunno, suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

I'm waiting for Conor to throw his hat in, would be a cracking fight and he'd still be set for a title fight at FW. I'm sure Dana would have a fit though if he got injured.

Not a hope in hell that happens although I would love to see it. It would be interesting to see the dynamic between Cerrone and Conor in the lead-up, they have appeared friendly in the past and clearly respect one another.

Take Cowboy off the card, give him the title shot. Replace with: I dunno, suggestions?

Push Khabib/Cerrone out to 189 if it's at possible. That would be most splendid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Apparently Cowboy wants to step in to fight Cerrrone :pac:

Gutted for Khabib I really am, would love to see it pushed to 189 also. Wouldn't mind seeing Henderson v Cerrone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

ASOT wrote: »
    Apparently Cowboy wants to step in to fight Cerrrone :pac:

Gutted for Khabib I really am, would love to see it pushed to 189 also. Wouldn't mind seeing Henderson v Cerrone again.

If its a bad knee injury he wont be ready for 189

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

You think conor would fancy disrupting his training camp to fight a lightweight, in the middle of a card, 6 weeks before his world title fight against Aldo?

• Advertisement

If its a bad knee injury he wont be ready for 189

Yeah I know, hopefully it isn't to bad. We should know soon enough anyway hopefully it's not as bad as first taught. Looking at MMAFighting it's not officially off yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

dulux99 wrote: »
    AJ does have good wrestling, but nowhere near Cormiers wrestling. Cormier threw Josh Barnett around like he was a toddler

And a lot of people thought he'd do the same to Jones, but there you go. Phil Davis couldn't get AJ near the mat and he'd be one of the best wrestlers in the div (albeit not as good as Cormier). He'll have a wrestling advantage but I'm not sure it'll be a big enough advantage to win him the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭xtal191

Yeah I know, hopefully it isn't to bad. We should know soon enough anyway hopefully it's not as bad as first taught. Looking at MMAFighting it's not officially off yet!

It's off according to mmajunkie

xtal191 wrote: »
    It's off according to mmajunkie

Yeah that's what I seen first but MMAFighting have said he's getting it looked attodayy, I'd assume it's off either way prob ruptured the injured ACL again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Makes the most sense to take Cowboy off and give him the title shot at this moment in time.

And a lot of people thought he'd do the same to Jones, but there you go. Phil Davis couldn't get AJ near the mat and he'd be one of the best wrestlers in the div (albeit not as good as Cormier). He'll have a wrestling advantage but I'm not sure it'll be a big enough advantage to win him the fight.

I certainly wasn't one of those people. I predicted on here that Jones would dominate and he did.

I know it was at WW, but Josh Koscheck took AJ down quite easily.

Phil Davis is a very average fighter. Always has been. He was out wrestled by Ryan Bader, and Rashad Evans. Lil nog even stuffed a few of his takedowns.

It'll be a good fight, don't get me wrong. But Cormier will be the favourite and rightly so.

dulux99 wrote: »
    I certainly wasn't one of those people. I predicted on here that Jones would dominate and he did.

I know it was at WW, but Josh Koscheck took AJ down quite easily.

Phil Davis is a very average fighter. Always has been. He was out wrestled by Ryan Bader, and Rashad Evans. Lil nog even stuffed a few of his takedowns.

It'll be a good fight, don't get me wrong. But Cormier will be the favourite and rightly so.

You can't compare rumble to his WW days, completely different fighter now. Davis may be an average fighter but his wrestling is still standout. Rumble was the first guy to really stifle his wrestling.

I don't know, I like Cormier but I'd be wary of writing off AJ again. He's just such a huge man, I'm not sure how he'll do in the later rounds but for the first three I don't think DC will have a massive wrestling advantage.

You can't compare rumble to his WW days, completely different fighter now. Davis may be an average fighter but his wrestling is still standout. Rumble was the first guy to really stifle his wrestling.

I don't know, I like Cormier but I'd be wary of writing off AJ again. He's just such a huge man, I'm not sure how he'll do in the later rounds but for the first three I don't think DC will have a massive wrestling advantage.

You should watch Davis vs Rashad ;)

I hope you're right though, because I have no interest in Jones vs Cormier 2. If AJ wins, and if/when Jones comes back, they'll be a massive massive fight.

I haven't seen the fight I was just going by fightmetric stats. AJ was the first guy to stuff his TDs, Rashad out wrestled him but Davis still took him down twice.

I'm the same, I think AJ has been shafted a bit in the whole thing. The title is a bit tainted now and he worked very hard to get the Jones fight. Not really sure who to root for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

On a different note, I thought the UFC we're bringing in leg reach to the stats a few months back?

• Advertisement

Cerrone now fights John Makdessi. Don't think anybody would have guessed that one.

Cerrone now fights John Makdessi. Don't think anybody would have guessed that one.

Cowboy gets to kill a guy and get a title shot. Whats not too like?

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Cowboy gets to kill a guy and get a title shot. Whats not too like?

UFC probably playing it safe. Don't want a big title contender to look weak before a title shot perhaps.

UFC probably playing it safe. Don't want a big title contender to look weak before a title shot perhaps.

Who else is there for him to fight? Pettis fighting Jury, Michael Johnson fighting Bendo, Gilbert Melendez fighting Alvarez, Barbosa injured, Iaquinta fighting Bobby Green, Josh Thompson injured, thats basically 11 out of the top 15

Who else is there for him to fight? Pettis fighting Jury, Michael Johnson fighting Bendo, Gilbert Melendez fighting Alvarez, Barbosa injured, Iaquinta fighting Bobby Green, Josh Thompson injured, thats basically 11 out of the top 15

is Thompson injured? Just seen him complain on the UFCs insta post about the new match up. Would have tattered see Cerrone/Thompson if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Masvidal?

is Thompson injured? Just seen him complain on the UFCs insta post about the new match up. Would have tattered see Cerrone/Thompson if I'm honest.

He pulled out of his last fight in Feb/March so I just presumed he was still injured.

He pulled out of his last fight in Feb/March so I just presumed he was still injured.

Yeah I compleatly forgot about that, he's on Twitter saying he asked for the fight and also to fight if Alvarez or Menlendez pulls out!

• Advertisement

Thompson was saying that he was asked if he was fit and could make weight but nothing after that.

It's done now but an underwhelming fight now. Massive for Makdessi. Imagine if he won. :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement