Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Masvidal, Dariush, Diaz rematch. Loads of guys that could have been better to set Cerrone up with, Makdessi won't be competitive.

I think Thomson is fighting Tony Ferguson.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

TimRiggins wrote: »
    He pulled out of his last fight in Feb/March so I just presumed he was still injured.
    I think you are thinking of somebody else
    Masvisal pulled out of a fight with Parke on the boston card in January, but he fought Iaquita a few weeks ago.
    Masvidal, Dariush, Diaz rematch. Loads of guys that could have been better to set Cerrone up with, Makdessi won't be competitive.

Dariush is suspended until a week before the fight.
    It's hard enough to get Diaz to fight at 3 months notice, I'd never want to rely on him to turn up at short notice.
    Masvidal was probably an option, but he just lost a close fight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Mellor wrote: »
    I think you are thinking of somebody else
    Masvisal pulled out of a fight with Parke on the boston card in January, but he fought Iaquita a few weeks ago.

Dariush is suspended until a week before the fight.
    It's hard enough to get Diaz to fight at 3 months notice, I'd never want to rely on him to turn up at short notice.
    Masvidal was probably an option, but he just lost a close fight too.

Thomson was meant to fight Gilbert Burns on the Maia/LaFlare card but pulled out a month before due to injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Diego sanchez moving to FW. Harf to see the conor fight happening though

Beersmith wrote: »
    Diego sanchez moving to FW. Harf to see the conor fight happening though

The best we can hope for would be Sanchez v Guida II imo

• Advertisement

Bader got a laugh outta me here

347188.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,567 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Well, Europe gets a championship fight...

Source
    UFC No.2 light heavyweight Alexander Gustafsson has been forced to withdraw from the upcoming UFC FIGHT NIGHT Berlin main event bout against Glover Teixeira due to injury.

UFC women's strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk (9-0-0), from Poland, will step into the main event slot at o2 World in Berlin to defend her belt against no.3 ranked Jessica Penne (12-3-0) from California, USA. This historic match up will be the first title fight to take place in Europe outside of the UK and the first ever female title fight in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So. Many. Injuries.

:(

Was looking forward to seeing Gus :( Hopefully it isn't serious

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭OverUnderP4P

Haha Bader good one...
    I seen Norman was looking for the fight against Cerrone , he would get steam rolled in the first round.
    I think RDA will easily dismantle Cerrone tbh. Cant see anyone in the current LW division beating him bar maybe Khabib. Hes an animal.

• Advertisement

Haha Bader good one...
    I seen Norman was looking for the fight against Cerrone , he would get steam rolled in the first round.
    I think RDA will easily dismantle Cerrone tbh. Cant see anyone in the current LW division beating him bar maybe Khabib. Hes an animal.
    Khabib akready destroyed him so it's not a maybe for me. Even allowing for RDA getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Was looking forward to Khabib ragdolling Cowboy.
    If he ends up being out for the projected six months, he'll be coming up on close to two years between fights. That won't help him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭OverUnderP4P

yeah but since then hes knocked out Bendo who was never knocked out before and destroyed Pettis. I think it be different this time.

Cowboy is yet to perform against elite competition and he already lost convincingly to RDA. Hopefully something happens that makes the RDA/Cowboy fight not happen because it would be one sided.

Cowboy is yet to perform against elite competition and he already lost convincingly to RDA. Hopefully something happens that makes the RDA/Cowboy fight not happen because it would be one sided.

Thats harsh imo, He just beat Bendo, Jury and Eddie Alaverez who are 3 high level guys, maybe not Jury yet, and he hardly lost convincingly to RDA, It was a close 2 rounds to 1 decision for RDA.

I thought the Bendo fight was a pretty clear loss. Jury and Alvarez are debatable as far as 'elite' goes.

For some reason I thought RDA beat him easily 30-27 I was wrong. I'm mainly just disappointed Khabib who seems much more likely to give RDA a very competitive fight is injured. I probably am being harsh, you can't not love the guy but in my eyes Cowboy has disappointed pretty much every time he's fought top 5 guys. I can't see him winning the belt, hopefully I'm wrong because it would be brilliant if he was champ.

It was a close fight, I didn't think Bendo did much more than Cowboy but I gave him the fight. Its still a close fight against top opposition.

RDA v Cowboy will be more of a competitive fight than Khabib against either (He'd probably smash both 30-27), When Khabib does get healthy its hard to see anyone beating him. If Cowboy does fight RDA next the money fight for the UFC to make is Pettis/Khabib

• Registered Users Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Rustam khabikov would take cerrone

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Rustam khabikov would take cerrone

Did you see his last fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Did you see his last fight?

I did not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

He was rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

What time is the Payweather fight likely to kick off at lads? Didnt want to post in thread in boxing forum for fear of brock/conoring but cant seem to work it out!

What time is the Payweather fight likely to kick off at lads? Didnt want to post in thread in boxing forum for fear of brock/conoring but cant seem to work it out!

Earliest anthem time is 3:45, could be as late as 4:30 depending on the undercard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

4am (I'm almost sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

4am (I'm almost sure).

Could take them half an hour to walk to the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I would say 04:30am absolute earliest, and quite possibly after 05:00am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

moneyman wrote: »
    I would say 04:30am absolute earliest, and quite possibly after 05:00am.

^What that guy said, we would be very fortunate if this was on at 4.30

On a side note, Only 2 weeks till Faber v Edgar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I'm curious, is there any of the genuine MMA fans here not interested in Pacman vs Mayweather tonight? I have to say I'm absolutely buzzing for it, was a diehard boxing fan long before I followed MMA, but then my love for MMA completely engulfed boxing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nope no interest in this fight or boxing. Last boxing fight i watched i became bored when there were no knees, takedowns, chokes etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement