Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Nope no interest in this fight or boxing. Last boxing fight i watched i became bored when there were no knees, takedowns, chokes etc.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm not one of those eejits on either the boxing or MMA side who criticises one or claims that their sport is better etc, I just don't have any interest in it.

Love football, no interest in Rugby or GAA.

Love MMA, no interest in boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

dulux99 wrote: »
    I'm curious, is there any of the genuine MMA fans here not interested in Pacman vs Mayweather tonight? I have to say I'm absolutely buzzing for it, was a diehard boxing fan long before I followed MMA, but then my love for MMA completely engulfed boxing.

I'm in the same boat as yourself I loved boxing until a few years ago but now my love of MMA is massively overtaken that and aslo football which I was massively surprised about! Never taught I would fall out of love with football but all the play acting from overpayed morons has finally taken its toll!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I wouldn't say I'm a boxing fan. I'd watch any of the Irish fighters or the English ones that are on Sky. Going to be watching tonight for sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

dulux99 wrote: »
    I'm curious, is there any of the genuine MMA fans here not interested in Pacman vs Mayweather tonight? I have to say I'm absolutely buzzing for it, was a diehard boxing fan long before I followed MMA, but then my love for MMA completely engulfed boxing.

No interest watching 2 guys that should've fought in there prime years ago, but down to stupid boxing politics it's only happening now for a payday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I should be excited but the excitement isn't there for me. If it happened years ago, and specifically before Marquez knocked Pac into a different dimension, I'd be much more interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

ASOT wrote: »
    Never taught I would fall out of love with football but all the play acting from overpayed morons has finally taken its toll!

My thoughts exactly again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Same as a few others here. I have 0 interest even though a good few years back I would have probably stayed up late to watch it. This fight happened when these 2 fighters are both past their prime tbh. The fight was a snooze fest for the most part imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

I watched the fight with a load of your average bandwagon fans who'd have no real allegiance to boxing or UFC. After the fight they were all saying ''Wait till July and you'll see a real fight''.

I enjoyed the fight to be honest. Yes it wasn't the most exciting but you have to admire Mayweather in the ring. Don't be hit and hit.

In saying that, I'm delighted its all over and the build up to May's actual big fight can begin. Hunt v Miocic on Saturday, get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I watched the boxing last night on a crappy stream, It was boring and entertaining at the same time. Mayweather developed a skill thats impenetrable in the 2d rules of boxing, you could say mma is 3d so if striking is not working for you theres working from the clinch with elbows,knees,wrestling(or dirty boxy if youre stronger than your opponent). and then you have throws/takedowns ,bjj, ground&pound.

Manny could have gone for broke with 3 rounds left but he didnt really change his gameplan, at one stage he had him on the ropes, connected a few times, but made no impact and backed off. maybe his bad shoulder took some of his power away?

perhaps Floyd wanted it more, '0 loses' is absolute perfection and its something to fight for as well as beating your arch nemesis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

CM24 wrote: »
    I watched the fight with a load of your average bandwagon fans who'd have no real allegiance to boxing or UFC. After the fight they were all saying ''Wait till July and you'll see a real fight''.

They aren't wrong. But all that really means is there will be two fighters willing to engage and looking to knock the other fighter out. Not point fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The thing that annoys me about McGregor Bandwagoners is that a great deal seem to be attracted to him because of the cocky attitude alone and the fact that he does MMA is almost irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JJayoo wrote: »
    The thing that annoys me about McGregor Bandwagoners is that a great deal seem to be attracted to him because of the cocky attitude alone and the fact that he does MMA is almost irrelevant.
    True.
    A lot of people believe McGregor will win in July simply because he acts like will rather than having any sort of actual opinion on the fight.
    To be fair, you kind of have to forgive that, when all they have to go by are McGregor's last three fights, instead of 45 fights they have between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

JJayoo wrote: »

Surely you mean the fact that he does UFC is almost irrelevant

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/594923337261969408

What a lineup on the MMA Hour tomorrow.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    What a lineup on the MMA Hour tomorrow.

I don't understand, how are any of them related to Conor McGregor?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mellor wrote: »
    I don't understand, how are any of them related to Conor McGregor?

Why would they have to have anything to do with Conor McGregor? :confused:

Axwell wrote: »
    Why would they have to have anything to do with Conor McGregor? :confused:

Because this is the Conor McGregor forum. :confused:

In Conor-McGregor-related news; Completely unconfirmed at this point, but I've heard Catherine Costigan will be fighting Amber Brown. (Invicta 13, July 10th)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Because this is the Conor McGregor forum. :confused:

In Conor-McGregor-related news; Completely unconfirmed at this point, but I've heard Catherine Costigan will be fighting Amber Brown. (Invicta 13, July 10th)

Ehhh no its not...its the General UFC Chit Chat/News thread..in the MMA forum :confused:

Let the bandwagoners post in the McGregor thread, dont encourage them to cram this one up too ;)

Ehhh no its not...its the General UFC Chit Chat/News thread..in the MMA forum :confused:

I've no idea what you are getting at here??? :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I've no idea what you are getting at here??? :confused::confused::confused:

I read it as he thought you were being serious with your "Conor McGregor forum" joke or he thought you made a mistake about what thread you two were posting in & was correcting the mistake.

Just a misunderstanding somewhere between you guys. Early morning posting does that sometimes. :)

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I read it as he thought you were being serious with your "Conor McGregor forum" joke or he thought you made a mistake about what thread you two were posting in & was correcting the mistake.

Just a misunderstanding somewhere between you guys. Early morning posting does that sometimes. :)

This exactly..but even re-reading it in the middle of the afternoon its still not any more amusing. Must be the aussie humour coming through :p

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I read it as he thought you were being serious with your "Conor McGregor forum" joke

He did, I wasn't.
    It's ok, Tim Riggins was on the ball.
    Must be the aussie humour coming through :p
    Very good, except for the fact im not australian. But top notch otherwise ;)

I know you're not but you live there dont you? Thats why i said aussie humour coming through ;)

I know you're not but you live there dont you? Thats why i said aussie humour coming through ;)

Yeah, been here 6 years. Still have found aussie humour, don't think it exists, they're a strange bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Got cheap flights so Im heading to Edgar v Faber in Manilla. A lot more excited about that card now

Nick Diaz is crazy.
    He thinks he beat Silva, wants a rematch.
    Thinks UFC should bring in yellow cards for running away.
    Thinks they should fight in a ring, not a cage.

https://instagram.com/p/2R85ojpXfi/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He ain't crazy, he's selling wolf tickets!

I give Nick the rematch, Is normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Got cheap flights so Im heading to Edgar v Faber in Manilla. A lot more excited about that card now

Very nice. Frankie is one of my favourite fighters. Do enjoy the clinic he puts on won't you. Good chap. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement