Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lads, how long do the pre-sales on Fight Club last?

Reason I ask is I may struggle to get the time off work to be on the internet to take advantage of the pre-sale for Glasgow at 10am once they go on sale to Fight Club members. The evening would be no problem but is it a case of the pre-sale only lasting a couple of hours or something?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Paully D wrote: »
    Lads, how long do the pre-sales on Fight Club last?

Reason I ask is I may struggle to get the time off work to be on the internet to take advantage of the pre-sale for Glasgow at 10am once they go on sale to Fight Club members. The evening would be no problem but is it a case of the pre-sale only lasting a couple of hours or something?

Thanks.

Each presale lasts the full day basically.

This one will sell fast. First time in Scotland. Even with very few fights booked it will fly out.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Each presale lasts the full day basically.

This one will sell fast. First time in Scotland. Even with very few fights booked it will fly out.

Reckon there's even any point waiting until evening to get them on pre-sale mate or will it be a case of if you don't get in there early the pre-sale allocation will be snapped up?

If a similar pricing structure to Berlin is followed (€40, €50, €70, €95, €125 and €150) I'd be aiming for the €150 ones if that makes a difference.

Snapped up early I'd say.

That price structure would be great. I'll probably go €150 seats too. My Ulster Bank account gives me 25% off provided it's selling via Ticketmaster.

Snapped up early I'd say.

That price structure would be great. I'll probably go €150 seats too. My Ulster Bank account gives me 25% off provided it's selling via Ticketmaster.

Thanks Phil. In that case I think I can feel a bout of sickness coming up for that day already :pac:

Yeah, the Berlin pricing structure was excellent value. I had to look two or three times to make sure I wasn't mistaken. Hopefully we will get something similar for Glasgow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Pettis out of his fight with Jury, Barboza fills in. absolute karma at his finest he shouldn't have tweeted khabib at all being smart even if it was to get back at him for doing the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh my God this is ridiculous!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Oh my God this is ridiculous!

The middle of theyeahr injury bug is rife

Injuries are more of an issue to the UFC than PEDs at the minute.

It's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Training needs to be completely revamped for a lot of training camps.

• Advertisement

In honour of Jack Charlton's 80th birthday...

Cathal Pendred Dublin Entrance: https://youtu.be/BXsbf8wwAfo

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

In honour of Jack Charlton's 80th birthday...

Cathal Pendred Dublin Entrance: https://youtu.be/BXsbf8wwAfo

Cathal Pendred is fighting Augusto-Montano on UFC188

Mellor wrote: »
    Cathal Pendred is fighting Augusto-Montano on UFC188

I know.

I didn't post that because of Pendred as such, just due to the Jack Charlton link.

I know.

I didn't post that because of Pendred as such, just due to the Jack Charlton link.

Didn't mean to quote your post, wanted to just post a normal reply. I had only just heard about Pendreds fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Mellor wrote: »
    Didn't mean to quote your post, wanted to just post a normal reply. I had only just heard about Pendreds fight.

It was announced ages ago!

TimRiggins wrote: »
    It was announced ages ago!

Either I missed it completely, or I just forgot

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Is pendreds opponent any good?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Is pendreds opponent any good?

Hes 15-1 with 10 KO/Tkos & 5 subs, his loss is a decision loss to Sam Alvey , same hight as Cathal.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

ASOT wrote: »
    Hes 15-1 with 10 KO/Tkos & 5 subs, his loss is a decision loss to Sam Alvey , same hight as Cathal.

I think it's gonna be a brutal night for Cathal. I hope not but judging by his performances over his last two fights, I really can't make a case for him right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

He's clearly got some power but having watched a lot of his fights he gets dropped or taken down in nearly all of them. I keep saying Pendred is going to lose/get KO'd but I think this might be another winnable fight especially if he can take him down.

• Advertisement

Ya I don't know how long Pendred will last in the UFC but this is actually another winnable fight for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

He needs to wrestle him. Don't even try and stand imo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I saw a post by Pendred on Facebook today and all the comments were cheering him on. Nothing wrong with that.
    Except, one comment just said "GOAT".
    Now I'm all for getting behind Irish fighters but unless this guy was just naming his favourite farmyard animal, I think we reached a new level of crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Panic E

El Guapo! wrote: »

I think they they were referring to his fighting style. Either that or he's a Capricorn

It means Go Out And Takedown

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I've never heard of it been used like that before.
    Pretty shít acronym tbh. :D

I saw a post by Pendred on Facebook today and all the comments were cheering him on. Nothing wrong with that.
    Now I'm all for getting behind Irish fighters but unless this guy was just naming his favourite farmyard animal, I think we reached a new level of crazy.

GSP didn't even win his first 3 fights in a row!

I've never heard of it been used like that before.
    Pretty shít acronym tbh. :D

That's the only hope pendred has so it fits his situation quite well

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

It's become something of a running joke on MMA forums to refer to Pendred as the GOAT. Even Ariel Helwani was in on it at one stage, tweeting that Pendred was replacing Marquardt against Gastelum in the co-main event an upcoming event.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/311bys/ariel_just_tweeted_marquardt_out_of_ufc_188/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Needs to cincentrate in boxing for a month

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement