Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

CM24 wrote: »
    It's become something of a running joke on MMA forums to refer to Pendred as the GOAT. Even Ariel Helwani was in on it at one stage, tweeting that Pendred was replacing Marquardt against Gastelum in the co-main event an upcoming event.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/311bys/ariel_just_tweeted_marquardt_out_of_ufc_188/

Clicked the link and this is the first thing that greeted me. Brilliant.

"This has to be a joke..Kelvin will maul Pendred all the way to a decision loss"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

From the TV listings, it looks as though the Faber Edgar fight won't be shown live on Saturday (it's meant to be on at 4pm our time).

Anyone know whether this is true as it seems that BT Sport aren't showing it until 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Locomotion wrote: »
    From the TV listings, it looks as though the Faber Edgar fight won't be shown live on Saturday (it's meant to be on at 4pm our time).

Anyone know whether this is true as it seems that BT Sport aren't showing it until 10pm
    typical BT tape delay job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Locomotion wrote: »

Hopefully it's live on the fight pass. Does anyone know if it will be?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

dulux99 wrote: »
    Hopefully it's live on the fight pass. Does anyone know if it will be?

From UFC.TV
    Saturday, May 16 10:00AM EDT / 7:00AM PDT
    Manila, Philippines, Mall of Asia Arena

FOR RESIDENTIAL USE ONLY
    The UFC® makes its much anticipated live event debut in Manila when it brings the Octagon® to the Mall of Arena Asia on Saturday, May 16. The main event will see former lightweight champion and current No. 1 ranked featherweight mixed martial artist Frankie “The Answer” Edgar face fellow American Urijah “The California Kid” Faber in a five-round featherweight battle at 145 pounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Hope they push on announcing fights for the Glasgow card. Gonna head over regardless but would love to see Neil Seery and Bisping on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I'd expect to see Brendan Loughnane on the card, he's an excellent LW prospect who was on the tuf smashes series but lost a close split decision to Mike Wilkinson in the finale. He's been on a bit of a tear domestically since, I'm surprised he's not in the ufc since.

I'd expect to see Brendan Loughnane on the card, he's an excellent LW prospect who was on the tuf smashes series but lost a close split decision to Mike Wilkinson in the finale. He's been on a bit of a tear domestically since, I'm surprised he's not in the ufc since.

I don't know if they'll sign anyone for the card, as they have so many UK and Irish fighters that don't have fights at the minute.

Aswell as that, I feel sorry for any fighter coming into lightweight. The division is just full of killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not sure if it includes the main event. I signed up for free trial there, went to cancel and it gave a graphic saying "wait, do you really want to miss out on these....." - listed the fight but with "prelims" beside it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Looks like we don't get the prelims at all - can watch the early prelims on fightpass and BT Sports are only showing the main card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I have prelims and main card on TV.
    First time in a long time that I can remember a card being on close to midnight.

Mellor wrote: »
    I have prelims and main card on TV.
    First time in a long time that I can remember a card being on close to midnight.

The Event on Saturday being on at 8 am local time or whatever is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

What time is the Manilla card starting for us on fight pass?

srumball wrote: »
    What time is the Manilla card starting for us on fight pass?

Main card is 2pm Saturday, not sure about prelims

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I think I remember him. Wasn't he only like 18 or 19 in the TUF house?

TimRiggins wrote: »
    The Event on Saturday being on at 8 am local time or whatever is crazy.

It's about 10pm local time.
    8am-ish in the us is say

Mellor wrote: »
    It's about 10pm local time.
    8am-ish in the us is say

No the Adelaide card.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    No the Adelaide card.
    Ah last week. I thought you meant this saturday.
    Yeah the australian cards are always on early on a sunday morning.
    Nobody seems to mind tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

First fights are 7 pm local time. That is midday for Ireland 7 hour time difference

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Prelims (Fight Pass): 12pm
    Televised prelims: 1pm
    Main Card: 3pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,567 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I actually think the fights start off pretty interestingly, as there is no where to run at the start.. but then as soon as the first person gets eliminated it becomes a one-sided beatdown and uncomfortable to watch. I'd be interested to see a kickboxing version

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I saw that yesterday, watched about 5 seconds of the middle of it, 2 guys lashing into 1 and I turned it off. F*ck that sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Corey Hill has died, he contracted Pneumonia, RIP :(:(

That leg break of his was the worst injury i've EVER seen

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Shít. That's poxy news. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Very sad, I liked him on TUF. He seemed very genuine. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Any update?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement