Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I'm extremely glad it's Gus. Cormier vs Bader as a main event of a ppv would be awful, even if Bader is arguably more more deserving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Thank god for both. Bader was crazy and had people telling him to wait for the title shot "We feel we deserve it" "we've earned it". Guus would make light work of Bader too if they ever fought, and bar that mistake against Rumble where he didn't tuck away his chin he might have beaten Rumble.

Rockhold v Weidman though, what a fight that promises to be. Really has the potential to be a 5 round war. I'm taking Rockhold.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Petermc83

Rockhold vs Weidman will be a close one to call...

Im picking Rockhold by decision

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Ryan Bader has no business in a fight for the UFC Title!

Neither does Gus coming off that loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Rashad is back rumored to fight Bader

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

dave1982 wrote: »
    Rashad is back rumored to fight Bader

Now that's an interesting fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Luke Barnatt has apparently been cut.

Can't say I'm sorry to see the back of him, particularly in light of his habit of insulting the Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Luke Barnatt has apparently been cut.

Can't say I'm sorry to see the back of him, particularly in light of his habit of insulting the Irish.

Not shocking after 3 losses in the last year. He was talking himself up so much last year it's been a huge fall from, self appointed, grace for Barnatt.

In relation to his comments towards Ireland, they were nonsensical. After the Conor's fight in Dublin, Luke spent well over an hour in the Gibson talking with fans. He was good craic and despite his comments I think anyone who met him would wish him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

He reminds me of Splinter from teenage mutant ninja turtles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

califano wrote: »
    He reminds me of Splinter from teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Without the martial arts skills of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Without the martial arts skills of course.

On behalf of all the regular posters please accept this as a mark of our appreciation for such a good post........

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Petermc83

could never understand the hype about Barnett.. (mostly from himself i may had).

He just came across very arrogant and cocky about himself but never actually backed it up! At least a certain featherweight title contender has backed up his words/actions so far.

anyways the loss of BigSlow wont be missed for us irish fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lombard's is fast and exciting when competing in grappling comps. Can't understand why he's never tried this in MMA. He seems limited to standing judo and throwing bombs.

http://youtu.be/jDVsINKAuKI

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mellor wrote: »
    Lombard's is fast and exciting when competing in grappling comps. Can't understand why he's never tried this in MMA. He Sean's limied to standing judo and throwing bombs.

http://youtu.be/jDVsINKAuKI

Was that a calf slice using his opponents shin?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Was that a calf slice using his opponents shin?
    Essentially that's what he's doing, pulling the bottom shin into the top calf. But apparently the tap comes from the bottom shin feling like it will snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Anyone know where I can watch Bellator next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

they let someone with no training compete 3 times, class outfit right there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

That's a disgrace.

The only good thing that will come of it is that the organisation should hopefully get some serious bad press.

How was that even licensed? I iamgine the CSAC will be paying them a visit soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Indian reservation apparently, no license required.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,567 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I've seen stuff like that before from the states. There was a video posted up about an untrained guy in his 50s from the audience that stepped up to fill in for a fighter that just dropped out. Won by TKO. Stephan Bonnar (or someone who looked like him) was in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Watch Dogfight on Netflix if you want to see the state of unregulated "MMA" in the states. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

"Dawg Fight"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Nobody know where you can watch Bellator??? Are Viva still showing It?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Nobody know where you can watch Bellator??? Are Viva still showing It?
    Best to check closer to the fight. Your best bet may be Spike

Ive often wondered is it harder to chin a fighter with a beard that without?. I always thought Roy Nelsol had perfect cover because of that barnet beard until he got chinned even with the beard but generally fighters with beards dont get sparked. What do you think the % is that helps protect a fighter with or without a beard?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Ive often wondered is it harder to chin a fighter with a beard that without?. I always thought Roy Nelsol had perfect cover because of that barnet beard until he got chinned even with the beard but generally fighters with beards dont get sparked. What do you think the % is that helps protect a fighter with or without a beard?

What do you mean? are u saying that a beard offers some sort of padding?????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

JJayoo wrote: »
    What do you mean? are u saying that a beard offers some sort of padding?????

I've actually thought of that myself. I'd say it offers minimal protection. Guys with beards are just tougher, therefore they don't get knocked out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I've actually thought of that myself. I'd say it offers minimal protection. Guys with beards are just tougher, therefore they don't get knocked out

Look at Arlovski, one of the best HW's for ages......then he cut his hair

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement