Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'd have thought a beard would be a negative since it would allow more friction from the punch. Maybe it's negligible but wouldn't a punch on a beard with the added friction be worse than one on a slightly greased chin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Your opponents might misjudge where the actual chin is and might miss it which is one possible thing?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

scudzilla wrote: »
    Look at Arlovski, one of the best HW's for ages......then he cut his hair

Arlovski cut his head hair. That's what ****ed him up. It's taken 8 years for him to break that spell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

califano wrote: »
    Ive often wondered is it harder to chin a fighter with a beard that without?. I always thought Roy Nelsol had perfect cover because of that barnet beard until he got chinned even with the beard but generally fighters with beards dont get sparked. What do you think the % is that helps protect a fighter with or without a beard?

as a guy with a beard for over a decade I can confirm that it is not harder to hit us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Cowboy told sit out till December, when he will fight for title :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

dave1982 wrote: »
    If I know Cowboy,..... that ain't happenin'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

JJayoo wrote: »
    What do you mean? are u saying that a beard offers some sort of padding?????

Yeah padding is what i meant. Im not saying they grow it to get an edge they get it to cultivate an image but i always think rightly or wrongly they have an edge of sorts because of the spongy beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

dave1982 wrote: »

Jaysus better to keep him busy with fight camps, he'll surely die by December due to crazy Xtreme mental sports/Jackass activities?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Best to check closer to the fight. Your best bet may be Spike

Yeah It's being aired on Spike but are any UPC channels showing It?

Can you get spike on Sky TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Can you get spike on Sky TV?

Yeah you can and its free you tune it in to other channells!

ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah you can and its free you tune it in to other channells!

How? You got the frequencys?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Da.kid

Cowboy has a long year ahead of near death experiences so. Khabib could be back by then an cowboy could get screwed out of a title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

UFc UK have just tweeted that there will be an announcement on the 1st of July, with a picture of some what looks like an irish dominated crowd!
    https://twitter.com/UFC_UK/status/610769799782633473

Am I right in saying that another Irish date could be announced? or am I reading too much onto it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

UFc UK have just tweeted that there will be an announcement on the 1st of July, with a picture of some what looks like an irish dominated crowd!

Am I right in saying that another Irish date could be announced? or am I reading too much onto it?

They already said they were coming back to Ireland in 2015 earlier in the year, I think it's around October?

Can't wait!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

It says 332 days ago and that's around the time they were in Dublin so yea, probably.

EDIT: Age calculator says it's been exactly 332 days since :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

They said when there were here for the media tour there would likely be an announcement for an Irish show this year coming soon.

I am home in oct/ nov so hope its some time then without conflicting with any of the rwc games. If it is I will have well got lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Did I see Sam Hoger in Jurassic World or am I going crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Aye, he was there, uncredited tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Norman Parke just said "UFC returning to Dublin later this year". If there was any doubt, there's none now.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Petermc83

Who would you fancy to headline the new dublin card?? is there an irish fighter big enough to top the bill ?? apart from Conor..as he is more than likely not on this card.

Parke? coming off 2 losses in a row..
    Pendred ? P4P #1 in the world... 4-0 so far in the UFC ..
    Duffy? might be vs a top5 contender if the Glasgow fight goes well
    Holohan? He will def be on the card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Petermc83 wrote: »
    Who would you fancy to headline the new dublin card?? is there an irish fighter big enough to top the bill ?? apart from Conor..as he is more than likely not on this card.

Unless it's mcgregor I've no interest in seeing any other Irish fighter headline an event. I'd rather they get in 2 big names in a number one contender fight or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Petermc83

thats what i am thinking too... similar to the first ufc event when Hendo vs Shogun was headlining the event..
    i dont see any of the remaining irish fighters headlining.. but they can def put on a great show on the undercard.

any dream matchups out there at the minute that might happen in UFC Dublin??
    Dan Hardy vs Diego Sanchez would be brilliant.. Hardy did mention at the media day in the Conference Centre that he is aiming for a comeback..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Petermc83 wrote: »

Hoki wrote: »
    Unless it's mcgregor I've no interest in seeing any other Irish fighter headline an event. I'd rather they get in 2 big names in a number one contender fight or something similar.

John Kavanagh wrote in an interview that he thinks two of his own fighters will fight soon. I wonder would Gunnar v Cathal be in line for this. I hope not.

I do think they'll go with someone like Cropcop v someone but I hope Miocic v Arlvoski

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Didn't some big name fighters say they would like to be on a future Irish card? Can't remember who said it and they could have just been saying that but not 100% serious about it though.

Crap I'm out of the country for most of the next 6 months. When they say later this year does anyone have a clue around when they may mean?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Crap I'm out of the country for most of the next 6 months. When they say later this year does anyone have a clue around when they may mean?

October is being thrown around a lot but nothing confirmed.

Axwell wrote: »
    October is being thrown around a lot but nothing confirmed.

Well I'll be missing it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement