Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

sonic85 wrote: »
    what an absolute tool diaz is. why would any fighter just give up a shot at a title so easily. beggars belief really. hopefully condit will put on a good show

Saves him, laying on his back for 5 rounds getting his face smashed in!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Diaz sneaked out the back door of Cesar Gracie's house and they can't find him since!!:eek:

He has no respect for anybody and I'm delighted he got booted off the card and hopefully out of the organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nick had a good reason to miss it lads, he was too busy fighting his stoner homies

On a serious note, what a fail of a move. Dana said before there was a reason he wasn't in the UFC and Nick just proved that tonight. What was he thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I can't see Diaz getting another UFC or strikeforce fight after this now.

Didn't he have a falling out with UFC(or DW) before and thats why he orginally left UFC?

I know I made a joke about it earlier but was it something to do with him wanting to smoke the herb in between training camps and that didnt go down well with UFC cleancut(or want to be) image.

Its a pity IMO because I like seeing Nick's fights and think he could have put up a decent scrap against GSP for a little while anyway

Dean09 wrote: »
    Diaz sneaked out the back door of Cesar Gracie's house and they can't find him since!!:eek:

Germemy Vile says biggest side effect of cannabis is paranoia.....:D

• Advertisement

Haha Roy Nelson is a legend!
    Roy_Nelsonrebpublic2_normal.jpg
    @roynelsonmmaRoy Nelson
    So I guess Nick Diaz was hanging out with Joe Rogan for a little smokey smokey and forgot he had a press conference or two.

54 seconds agovia web

He just copied me....he must read this forum!

'Ello Roy...loose some weight ya fat feck ye!:eek::p

Cesar Gracie's thought on it:
    Cesar Gracie, Nick Diaz's long-time manager and trainer, says he has stood behind Nick Diaz for years, but he can't defend his decision to not show up to the UFC 137 media days in Toronto and Las Vegas this week.

Instead, Gracie told MMAFighting.com that he stands behind the UFC's decision to remove Diaz from the UFC 137 main event against Georges St-Pierre in favor of Carlos Condit.

"I told Dana [White] he was right to have done that," Gracie said.

In fact, Gracie called White in the middle of the UFC's press conference to announce the main event switch to say as much.

"There's a lot of hard workers I see that have trouble putting food on the table for their kids," Gracie said. "I've stuck up for Nick a lot, but I can't stick up for him on this one."

Gracie said he last spoke to Diaz Tuesday. That's when Diaz informed him that he couldn't find his passport and was not going to be able to fly to Toronto for that day's media obligations. The UFC excused Diaz for missing the Toronto leg of the trip, as long as he made it to Las Vegas.

"I would have driven him to Vegas if it came to that," Gracie said. "I don't care. He just turned his phone off and acted like a little kid. It just doesn't cut it."

In talking to Gracie, it's clear he's more disappointed than anything in Diaz's behavior considering how big this fight against Georges St-Pierre was for him.

"Nick is like family to me. We're going to have a long discussion, hopefully with Dana, to see if he's still in the UFC or not. But let's face it, Nick is 28 years old. I talked to Dana about this before, and I think a big problem with all of this is Nick has social anxiety. He doesn't like to go and be away from home. He has no trouble fighting in the cage, though," Gracie said.

"You can't just not show up and tell anyone anything."

At Wednesday's press conference, White suggested the pressure of fighting GSP got to Diaz, but Gracie quickly refuted that notion.

"He doesn't feel comfortable being around people," he said. "He has a very deep ingrained social anxiety, and it's something he probably needs help for, I think. I think that's why he self-medicates himself with the marijuana. That's my amateur opinion.

"He did the same crap with Paul Daley and a couple other guys. It was the same Nick Diaz. It's not the pressure of fighting GSP. It's thepressure of doing a news conference before the fight. Fighting is no pressure because he gets to beat someone up or get beat up."

Gracie isn't ready to severe ties with Diaz, though. Not when he needs him most. But he did offer his pupil a bit of advice through the media because that's the only way he can reach him right now.

"I've always been there to facilitate things for him and stuck up for him even when he was wrong. If I were him I would be calling Dana at some point basically begging for my job and giving [me] another chance to fight for the title."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/09/07/cesar-gracie-i-cant-stick-up-for-nick-on-this-one/

Social anxiety me bollox! He just didn't have the decency to even call to say he wouldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

turned off his phone :rolleyes:

my 12 year old sister wouldnt be that childish

IFoundDiaz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Least this gives us something to argue about after GSP retires ( hopefully ) from now unbeaten.

:" Diaz would have smashed him " :D

Matt Grice is out due to injury so Garcia stepped in for a rematch against Nam Phan.
    Matt Grice is out of his scheduled UFC bout on October 8th with Nam Phan due to injury, but Leonard Garcia has quickly stepped in to fill the spot and verbal agreements are in place, confirmed UFC president Dana White today.

Garcia and Phan previously battled to what many considered the most controversial decision of 2010, with Garcia taking home the W at the TUF 12 Finale last December. Their first rematch was postponed due to Phan's injury. Now, they will finally meet once again to settle the score.

It's the second change to the featherweight bout - Grice was originally slated to face Josh Grispi at UFC 136, but Grispi was forced to withdraw, sending Phan into the Houston lineup.
    http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-136-fight-card-updates?rm

It's not against the Zombie it's against Nam but that's going to be an amazing re-match regardless.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    It's not against the Zombie it's against Nam but that's going to be an amazing re-match regardless.
    Apologies, my mistake. I edited the post now.

I also just saw on ufc.com that Big Nog and Frank Mir have verbally agreed to fight at 140 in Toronto. http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-140-fight-card-updates?140

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ayoung

Hi All,

I managed to buy tickets for UFC 137 earlier today after joing the fight club. I spent more then I intended to as it seemed the 100 and 200 dollar tickets sold out really quickly.

I agonised with the price because I had heard somewhere that the fight club release is capped and some would go on sale reagrdless on Friday at potentially a cheaper rate. Anyone know if this is true?

I made my peace with price and got really excited about the card......now I am wondering to avail of the refund being offered? Whats would the boards public do?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

I had no respect for Nick Diaz before this so I can't really say I have less now. F*ck him, he probabaly realised he was fighting the best fighter in the world and he hadn't a hope.

Fitch in against Penn??

Dana said if the fans knew what he had intended for BJ Penn they would go nuts.

Melendez would have been my bet.

Fitch said he wants the fight but hasn't heard anything yet. I hope he doesn't get it.

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF.

Rampage beats Jones can anybody else see him defending his title against Shogun in Japan ?

Would be great headline fight for the Japan card.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF.

Rampage beats Jones can anybody else see him defending his title against Shogun in Japan ?

Would be great headline fight for the Japan card.

It would be a great fight and a massive sell out in Japan. It is a really big IF though.

I thought the next fight they announced would've been the Japan card, but they announced Big Nog v Mir at UFC140 instead. I wonder what the Japan card will be like. It'll have to be a big stacked card.

• Advertisement

It would be a great fight and a massive sell out in Japan. It is a really big IF though.

I thought the next fight they announced would've been the Japan card, but they announced Big Nog v Mir at UFC140 instead. I wonder what the Japan card will be like. It'll have to be a big stacked card.

It will look like the Brazil card! Japs all over the place :P

The undercard will be stacked with Japanese newcomers given the chance to make a name for themselves and the main card with have the likes ov Sexiyama, Okami, Kid etc.

They should sign up Sakuraba for a once off. Have him fight Royce Gracie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

To be fair the traffic looks terrible.

Xlami wrote: »

To be fair the traffic looks terrible.

F*CK YOUR MOTHER!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It will look like the Brazil card! Japs all over the place :P

The undercard will be stacked with Japanese newcomers given the chance to make a name for themselves and the main card with have the likes ov Sexiyama, Okami, Kid etc.

They should sign up Sakuraba for a once off. Have him fight Royce Gracie :D

:D

Yeah I can see it now.......a card full of Japs and Americans......there'll be chants from the crowd of "USA, USA, USA"..............and idiots holding up signs saying "THIS IS FOR PEARL HARBOUR!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Anyone want to take a punt on who B.J is gonna end of fighting?

nate marquardt ;)

weemcd wrote: »
    Anyone want to take a punt on who B.J is gonna end of fighting?

nate marquardt ;)

Hmmm..... I know Nate has been slagging BJ off recently calling him a Pot-Head etc.

I'm gonna go for............ Nick Diaz ;)

BJ just tweeted this a second ago....
    tw_normal.jpg
    @bjpenndotcomBJ PENN
    @jonfitchdotnet If your not ready to fight shut your $@&%ING mouth! Dana said your not cleared till December.Quit wasting everybody's time.

1 minute agovia Twitter for iPhone

And now this......

tw_normal.jpg@bjpenndotcomBJ PENN

Dana just offered me a deal I can't refuse.pretty sure I'm still fighting on Oct. 29th.

4 minutes agovia Twitter for iPhone

I wonder what it is. It could be a promise of a shot at the title after one more fight. But against who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

And now this......

I wonder what it is. It could be a promise of a shot at the title after one more fight. But against who?

I'd take a guess at Melendez, winner to fight GSP/Condit. I can't think of much else that would be a deal he can't refuse.

• Advertisement

Ariel Helwani is hinting towards BJ Penn v Gilbert Melendez!
    Would LOVE to see this fight!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement