Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,567 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

From the country that gave us some of the biggest drama queens in football, we get this mix of football and MMA.
    The Calcio Storico – ‘historic football’ – is an ancient form of football from the 16th century, which originated from the ancient roman ‘harpastum’, and is played in teams of 27, using both feet and hands. Sucker-punches and kicks to the head are prohibited but headbutting, punching, elbowing, and choking are all allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is there any word on if Artem Lobov went for the TUF 22 try-outs in March and if so, how did he get on? Back in an interview he did in March he said Sean Selby told him to fix up his record a bit (get to 15-10 specifically and he's currently 11-10) in order to get a shot, so impressing via TUF would be a much quicker way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Paully D wrote: »
    Is there any word on if Artem Lobov went for the TUF 22 try-outs in March and if so, how did he get on? Back in an interview he did in March he said Sean Selby told him to fix up his record a bit (get to 15-10 specifically and he's currently 11-10) in order to get a shot, so impressing via TUF would be a much quicker way in.

I think he was Tweeting looking to get on the Glasgow card against Brimmage so would seem unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Paully D wrote: »

I lolled at this. Like one of those polite brush offs Rupert Pupkin would have got.
    But Lobov's win last time at cage warriors 70 v Fisher was a step up from previous form. And im sure he had progressed since with all the 1 on 1 with McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Reminds me of the hypnotic catwalk in Zoolander

Conor front and centre... some turned left though :)

Well it's official, Conor is the posterboy of UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Well that was all quite cringe worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Those kits are horrible. Making everyone look the same is not what you want to do in an individual sport.

• Advertisement

This woman is terrible. The kits aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They are just... boring. Different coloured writing, wow.

The champions' gear looks like it was designed in about 30 seconds.

****ing shamrock, ffs, why not use a Harp !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

They look like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Worst Power Rangers ever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Checked online for the craic... 80 dollars per jersey! Hahahahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Warlock45

That fashion show was cringe beyond belief!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

They are awful.

All that money and probably tons of people working on it and that's the best they can come up with.

Everyone coming out in the same **** template with different colour writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭xtal191

Good job Reebok, look forward to seeing this Giblert Melendez fella.

CIwqE9VW8AAsnXB.png

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Checked online for the craic... 80 dollars per jersey! Hahahahahaha.

Jaysus that is absolutely mental.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They're still better than Tapout

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tom Lawlor is happy:
    No offense but if anyone pays $95 for a shirt with my name on the back you're an idiot.
    .@Reebok @ufc never once have I been announced as Thomas Lawlor. Thanks for putting the fighters at the forefront of the clothing #smh

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

xtal191 wrote: »

CIwqE9VW8AAsnXB.png

Giblert has his own twitter account now, and its full of win
    https://twitter.com/giblertmelendez

BsrWCzd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

11541893_1002594126419537_5677897932807715660_n.png?oh=eb702011c2fd7d46a42dee7fe6618623&oe=56253D54

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

CIwqE9VW8AAsnXB.png

Gwan Giblert!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just dawned on me and still hard to wrap my head around the fact that there are 8 people fighting out of Ireland in the UFC. A little over a year ago, there was 1 2 (forgot Parke was an early entry)

CATDq_DWYAAYQXn.jpg:large

Just dawned on me and still hard to wrap my head around the fact that there are 8 people fighting out of Ireland in the UFC. A little over a year ago, there was 1.

CATDq_DWYAAYQXn.jpg:large

There's been more than 1 since Mcgregor was signed in April 2013. Seery was number 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Mellor wrote: »
    There's been more than 1 since Mcgregor was signed in April 2013. Seery was number 3
    Yeah, ninja'd ya. Seery fought in march last year. Before that was just McGregor and Parke.

I think my point was more so about there being 8 fighters in the UFC.

Yeah, ninja'd ya. Seery fought in march last year. Before that was just McGregor and Parke.

I think my point was more so about there being 8 fighters in the UFC.

Is there any it'll get to 10 or more. Can't think of any others but I'm a littke removed from the local scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The new UFC 189 thread is giving me a pain in my mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement