Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mellor wrote: »
    It means traces of testosterone that wasn't produced by his body.

I'd assume testosterone is a specified substances. He probably escaped a 2 year ban because it happened before the July 1st date.

Yeah id say so, was just curious because of the new rules. Fairly **** seeing all these fighters i loved getting popped for juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Getting caught in your post fight test is bloody stupid. In other news Ryan Jimmo has been released, you don't toe the party line and lose you get cut. They tried to sneak that in during the craziest week of the year.

https://twitter.com/RyanJimmo/status/618281437398044673

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Details of Aldo's drug test debacle
    http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/id/22206/collection-reports-detail-jose-aldos-random-drug-test-last-month

This sounds like the dodgiest thing ever, hard to believe they weren't trying to hide something. Aldo had 2 days notice practically (and still delayed), so much for random testing. This whole thing stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

darced wrote: »

Some guys on reddit were suggesting that you 24+ hours is more than enough time for modern compounds to be come undetectable.
    I've no idea how true that it though. A lot of urban legends in relation to PEDs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Mellor wrote: »
    Some guys on reddit were suggesting that you 24+ hours is more than enough time for modern compounds to be come undetectable.
    I've no idea how true that it though. A lot of urban legends in relation to PEDs

I'd be inclined to believe it, the only thing more advanced in sport than drug testing are the ways to pass drug testing, lance armstrong never pissed green and yet he was souped up the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

I'd be inclined to believe it, the only thing more advanced in sport than drug testing are the ways to pass drug testing, lance armstrong never pissed green and yet he was souped up the whole time
    That's pretty much my thinking too.
    Apparently the cyclists using all sorts delay testers tiny amounts

darced wrote: »
    It's not as simple as take a magic pill and and its clear in a day or two.
    They need keep it in their system for the whole time during a "cycle", which could be 8 weeks. So they take every day. Hence why the fail rate is much higher in random tests.

The guys who get caught on fight night are usually lower on the card. Basically they used a longer acting steroid (less frequent injections, more sustained release), knowing they wouldn't be randomly tested, but thinking it cleared in time.
    Also I imagine the "generic steroids" are much easier to come by than the the designer stuff. It's not like you can just ask Victor Conte for a hook up anymore ;)

Mods:
    Not sure if this nest bit is against the rules. Feel free to delete. It's from a website about TRT for men.
    In comparison to testosterone enanthate and testosterone cypionate, testosterone propionate is a faster-acting form of the androgen testosterone. Testosterone propionate possesses a half-life of roughly 1-2 days. Therefore, testosterone propionate does not provide a sustained release. Due to this short half-life, it must be injected every other day or every third day. As a result, it is rarely used for TRT.

Testosterone-Injections-Overview1.png

http://elitemensguide.com/testosterone-injections/#Common_Esters_Available_for_Testosterone_Injections

Testosterone Propionate is around since the 1950s or earlier. It's not a huge stretch to think they've developed faster acting compounds since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Maybe not but perhaps they are using masking agents

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Dana White reiterated today that Aldo's rib was not broken and he was cleared by 3 non UFC doctors and that Aldo refused to fly to Vegas to even watch the fight where he could be checked out my a UFC doctor.

The X-ray he was posting was showing an old injury not a fresh fracture.

The real concern was making weight if he cant train properly, which is somewhat fair enough but each incident from the drug test issue, dropping out of 5 fights to posting misleading X-rays has Aldo's looking more and more sketchy and the less sympathy people should feel for him that an interim belt fight was forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

How many Irish fighters are in the UFC?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Schwiiing wrote: »
    How many Irish fighters are in the UFC?

Conor
    Paddy Holohan
    Neil Seery
    Joe Duffy
    Cathal
    Norman Parke
    Gunni Nelson
    Aisling

Who am i missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

scudzilla wrote: »
    Conor
    Paddy Holohan
    Neil Seery
    Joe Duffy
    Cathal
    Norman Parke
    Gunni Nelson
    Aisling

Who am i missing?

Redser

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I'm afraid to go into the official 189 thread because of all the bull****ters.
    Delighted for Conor he's as deadly as Anderson was at his peak.
    Great that Robbie Lawler won too. Nelson looked brilliant on the ground.

Mod: Read the charter and stick to the main thread. USE SPOILERS.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Predictions for next fight?

When/where/who?

October-Jan/Vegas, NYC or Brazil/Aldo or Edgar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭xtal191

Predictions for next fight?

When/where/who?

October-Jan/Vegas, NYC or Brazil/Aldo or Edgar

They're looking at Jan 2nd 2016 against Aldo

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Didn't see a thread for the ultimate fighter finale but it's been decent so far some good fights and finishes!! Not sure if it counts as posting spoilers as in assuming if there's no thread nobody cares to much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

McGregor and Faber coaching the next TUF!

Won't fight each other though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Wtf?? Mcgregor Faber coaching ultimate fighter starting sePt 9th???

Just announced by Dana on fox during the ultimate fighter finale!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

next season of tuf

usa v europe
    8 lightweights on each

coaches
    faber and mc gregor

there's no getting rid of that lad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

mailburner wrote: »
    next season of tuf

usa v europe
    8 lightweights on each

coaches
    faber and mc gregor

:pac: I know Faber is annoying but the nonstop slaggin he is going to be getting from Conor has me laughing aready just thinking about it .....oh I how I love Dana for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

What a move to end the main event

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    What a move to end the main event

Superb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

TUF Faber McGregor will be amazing! UFC are really milking McGregor while they can.I just hope he gets a long well deserved rest after the surgery on his knee. He looked mentally shattered after the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

John Kavanagh trying to push Gunni vs Thomson for ufc Dublin main event after his KO last night. Would be a very good main event and another chance for Gunni to jump up the ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

mailburner wrote: »
    next season of tuf

usa v europe
    8 lightweights on each

coaches
    faber and mc gregor

I initially thought you meant TUF :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Has anyone actually heard confirmation that McGregor's knee is injured? Is it the same knee as before? Would be awful if it hinders his movement for the rest of his career. He can take MMA to new heights as long as the knee holds up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement