Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

John Kavanagh trying to push Gunni vs Thomson for ufc Dublin main event after his KO last night. Would be a very good main event and another chance for Gunni to jump up the ladder.

He actually tweeted it before the fight I seen it as they were walking in at tuf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Talking to a taxi driver in Vegas earlier if the Jan 2nd date holds up will be very busy in Vegas as CES kicks off the next Monday and lots go early. Hotels will be expensive enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Still no main for UFC 191 and less then 2 months away. At this stage it probably only can be DJ v Dodson. Going to need a huge co-main and main card.

Cain v Miocic possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,831 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MMA Hour should be interesting today with JK talking bout the obvious, Sean from SevereMMA, Nate the Great from SBG :pac:, Zahabi will hopefully give us an update on Rory and Arse Chin who will be talking about all the tears at TAM and upcoming TUF.

Link to watch today's #themmahour w/ Kavanagh, Faber, Bisping, Rothwell, Zahabi, Sheehan, Kelly and more -- http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/14/8954695/the-mma-hour-with-john-kavanagh-michael-bisping-ben-rothwell-firas?utm_campaign=arielhelwani&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter …

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Jesus we can't escape that kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

John Kavanagh trying to push Gunni vs Thomson for ufc Dublin main event after his KO last night. Would be a very good main event and another chance for Gunni to jump up the ladder.

I'd love to see Gunni go in against Matt Brown. I think Brown would take the fight in a heartbeat to get back to Main Event heights and its a fight I think Gunni would win well if he fought smart. Wasn't Brown one of the fighters who told Dana he wanted on the next Dublin card??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I think Brown wants a bigger fight, one to get him near the title. That's how he came across in the post fight presser anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

That kid Nate Kelly is everywhere. Other than he trains in SBG, whats the deal with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

seiphil wrote: »
    That kid Nate Kelly is everywhere. Other than he trains in SBG, whats the deal with him?

Apparently he's 1000 time world champion across 100 disciplines at 5 years of age....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Apparently he's 1000 time world champion across 100 disciplines at 5 years of age....

He was funny at first. Does my head in now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

He walked past me during the event, people were running to take selfies with him.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    He was funny at first. Does my head in now.

Thank god I'm not the only one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Yea I find him pretty annoying too.

Ah Jaysus lads he's a local kid getting to go on the MMA hour, i think its class!

Anyway he bailed on Ariel, couldn't make the show.

Also, JK confirmed Conor had a knee injury that only healed 2 weeks before the fight but didn't want to risk live sparring So conor hadn't done 1 round of wrestling sparring all camp.

Also, also shout out to Sean Sheahan repping Limerick on the big stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Anyone catch Ben Rothwell on the MMA hour? Praised the Irish fans of course but mentioned he was beyond shocked to talk to on more than a few occasions Irish fans who went over that it was clear they weren't clued in to the sport at all and went to sing Olé Olé basically; Some were questioning Ben why he was posing for photos and some looked puzzled had no answers when he asked them who they had in the Rory/Robbie fight said though after seeing that card they will prob tune in to more events now.

I know its been done to death here bout bandwagoners etc. and go along with the we all must start somewhere but can't imagine that start would be Vegas :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Anyone catch Ben Rothwell on the MMA hour? Praised the Irish fans of course but mentioned he was beyond shocked to talk to on more than a few occasions Irish fans who went over that it was clear they weren't clued in to the sport at all and went to sing Olé Olé basically; Some were questioning Ben why he was posing for photos and some looked puzzled had no answers when he asked them who they had in the Rory/Robbie fight said though after seeing that card they will prob tune in to more events now.

I know its been done to death here bout bandwagoners etc. and go along with the we all must start somewhere but can't imagine that start would be Vegas :eek::eek::eek:

It is the perfect place to bandwagon start, shur me and the lads are so into it we went to vegas to watch connor win the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It is the perfect place to bandwagon start, shur me and the lads are so into it we went to vegas to watch connor win the title.

Conor :P

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus lads he's a local kid getting to go on the MMA hour, i think its class!

This. These are the same people who'll buy tickets to his fights and lick his hole in about ten years.
    He's a British and Irish BJJ champ and he's been a top level underage kickboxer and (I think) British champ at that too, who's been training at SBG for about 4 years now as part of our kids & teens programme under Owen Roddy. He's also a massively confident kid who inspires other less confident kids to get up and do martial arts. He's a wonderful lil role model for any kid. I wish I had his confidence around adults at his age. He's a wonderfully respectful kid too and already helps Coach the younger kids. Get off his back ye sour pr*cks.

Wait, what am I saying?! Ye'd never take his back ;)

Sure Cathal put up a gas pic of a fella snapchatting himself and Rumble......except he was actually posing with Rashad :D

Since there's no Fight Night 71 thread, who do people have Mir or Duffee? Mir is my favourite heavyweight but he can be fair annoying to listen to. I was beaming when he KO'd Bigfoot but don't think Duffee will be that easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Sure Cathal put up a gas pic of a fella snapchatting himself and Rumble......except he was actually posing with Rashad :D

Since there's no Fight Night 71 thread, who do people have Mir or Duffee? Mir is my favourite heavyweight but he can be fair annoying to listen to. I was beaming when he KO'd Bigfoot but don't think Duffee will be that easy.

i think that guy who posted that pic was wit a boardsie (possibly butler), apparently he was wankered, hadn't slept in 2 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Duffee's power could trouble Mir in the first, but if he weathers it he'll pick him off on the feet or submit him when he gasses hard, I reckon! Love watching Mir. So much respect for him to still be fighting at this level after all these years and what he's been through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Just seen stich the cutman has lost all sponsorship money with the Reebok deal

It's a thing of beauty when Mir is working his ground game. His Kimura on Nog is one of my favourite moments in mma history. I wish he would look for the takedown more, nothing worse than seeing him getting clinched to death against the cage.

dave1982 wrote: »
    Just seen stich the cutman has lost all sponsorship money with the Reebok deal

Yeah that was bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Duffees big chance is a first round KO, and there's a good chance he does it, but the longer it goes the more likely Mir is to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

agree with all the above
    if mir gets past the first couple of rounds duffee will surely gas

think theres worse bets than mir to win in round 3 at 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yeah that was bad form.

Can you elaborate on the situation?

Whys it called the MMA hour when it goes on for three times that? :P

I know it's obviously gonna happen but I wish I hadn't known that. What i'd have given to be there :( Really pisses me off :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Dont think it's been posted in here but did anyone see that Angela Magana managed to piss herself after being taken down during the Ultimate fighter Finale.
    Thought I'd seem it all after I saw Yeol Romero dropping a deuce in the octagon last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement